Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
If someone took away all my body mods.. I would probably leave Gaia. emo

They just add a little more realistic touch to the avatars I find, because of the different kinds of poses and expressions you can have.
Steeple
Foxydoe
I'm lovin' these boots right now ~ no leg mods, 'cause BOOTS WIT' DA' FURRR emotion_awesome
I really like the color matching you've got with them and the dress! emotion_c8
Aw, thank you so much! You've got a pretty interestingly creepy/cool look going on there, too. We gots style, we do emotion_yatta

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Foxydoe
Aw, thank you so much! You've got a pretty interestingly creepy/cool look going on there, too. We gots style, we do emotion_yatta
What can I say, Im a sucker for creative matching. 3nodding Thanks! Honestly I wanted to use the lucie hidden pose and ended up with this. It was fun! I couldn't wait until halloween

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Pants, some shorts and skirts get ruin from legmods. Some legmods remove other types of unrelated bottom clothing article or dont blend well with skins.
Shoes have became no longer to be because of leg mods, which is a shame. I wish we had more boots like that in Jane.
Stockings have also lost their use. I used to be a huge fan of funky stockings, now i rarely use them because of legmods.

And i know that i mentioned shoes already, but animal slippers are rarely used now too. No more seal, penguin, bunny, chickie, and panda slippers are being used (often) because of legmods. And i used to love my panda slippers.

Tiny Pumpkin

I only use 1 leg mod and that is Keiko's Cake (Sugar Lace Shoes.) It's the only one I can tolerate and it doesn't give you toothpick legs.
I miss the old days when Slippers were THE thing. sweatdrop

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I love leg and arm mods. They help make the male base look a little less ridiculously proportioned. xD I find with certain mods, they also help give my avatar a little sass if that's what I'm going for. Like, the arm on the hip and the walk that Shrimpie has going on right now in my current avatar.

My favorite leg mods have got to be the Petit Cherie male mod and the mod for the Antique Ball-joined Doll since if you wear that and then sit, your legs stick straight out. emotion_kirakira

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
To be honest I felt the same way when the arm/leg mods were beginning to become a 'thing'.
I couldn't get used to them because they didn't seem to want to make ones to match or
arms/legs seemed disproportionate to one another. To be honest I don't think that any
items are really "extinct" as long as people find a use for them. I know I've moved on.
The avatar is as customizable as one wants it to be after all. I use the leg mods now and
I believe I'm still doing just fine.

Sparkly Capitalist

7,550 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Wall Street 200
Personally, I prefer not to use leg mods.
Leg mods are great for those that like them, It's nice to have new poses for legs (and arms)
But I like to mix shoes and stockings and socks. Having to get one whole item for all those things, and if I want to change one little thing about it, I then have to instead get a whole different item instead of getting just a different color of stockings or shoes to mix instead.
Also, for me at this point anyways, it's cheaper to just mix lower body shop items and such, leg mods are usually on fairly expensive items.
I do like seeing other people use the leg mods though, it makes my avi feel more unique than it otherwise would probably.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I'm kind of 50/50 on them.
Most I dislike, because they make your legs go into these positions
that leg incredibly painful, and the feet look so tiny.
Than there's also the fact most don't go with the rest of the base.
Chibi avi base, than you have twig legs sweatdrop

There have been some I have seen (like my current) which I think compliment the base,
while not having an akward pose, and normal looking feet,
but I don't see that many of them unfortunately.

Most look weird to me.
I miss anklets. Those little wings were so cute emo
Also I miss being able to customize the shoe colors. Now I either have to get allllllll the recolors or just deal with it.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I personally really like the leg mods, mostly because before we had them I had a horrible time with picking and finding shoes that I actually liked, I nearly always hid my feet/wore a long skirt or dress before. Like 80-90% of the older shoes were just way too clunky for my taste, but I still love it now when we occasionally do get nice shoes. I think the ones I liked best back then were the fabulous pump set, and those slightly modify your feet, so XD

Though leg mods do have their down sides, like not being able to wear anklets, like you stated. I also miss wearing shoe clips sometimes, they layer really oddly over empty space if the leg mod is too different from the main base. It also makes wearing garters/some belts and holsters nearly impossible, depending on the mod, there are a few that let you wear them still without bumping the mod off.

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I really like my leg mod. I actually dislike it makes my feet look tiny, but I like the pose. In my mind it makes my character look like she's moving, like she's taking a strong stride. heart

I don't use too many arm mods or leg mods, but I think used correctly they give a certain flourish that's appropriate for anime-inspired avatars.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

Safe to say that I don't miss the regular legs, unless they gave us an option to customize that as well. Always seemed a tad too big for my tastes. So if leg mods were gone entirely, I would probably throw the biggest hissy fit rofl

Perfect Saint

Be careful with your leg mods

Gaia will need to be more careful with their future recolors of some leg mods.

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
There are some leg mods that I really love, but I hate how little they work in a way that I'm satisfied with!

This avi for example, I like the simplicity, and the colors remain pretty balanced even without different accessories on my avi's legs.

But most of my avis, use anklets and shoe clips. I LOVE shoe clips, and layering socks or stockings over leggings. <3

with stuff like that you can get whole new looks, textures, and detailed color distribution on an avatar.
Leg mods keep me from using things like shoe clips most of the time. emotion_donotwant

Maybe a petition should be started for a mini gold rapid IE or something, to be sold in Loyals shop, with certain shoe clips and cheaper sets of anklets being re-aligned to fit with the more common positions of leg mods. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff