Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I think I'm going to start a thread in site feedback on this, but I think it'd be nice if after they locked it they would go back through and try and answer all the questions posted, I'd be fine with them closing it down a little earlier if necessary to accomplish this, I think a lot of people really just want to know that their responses are getting read.

Original Pumpkin

frozen_water
I think I'm going to start a thread in site feedback on this, but I think it'd be nice if after they locked it they would go back through and try and answer all the questions posted, I'd be fine with them closing it down a little earlier if necessary to accomplish this, I think a lot of people really just want to know that their responses are getting read.

I agree.

Time-traveling Senshi

frozen_water

Sometimes they do go back in and post a few answers after it's been locked but there are some questions brought up that they really shouldn't answer in a public forum because it's a question dealing with an account issue or matter. That's why some questions are told it's something that should be dealt with via PMs because there's things relating to the account that need to be looked into and other admins and mods to talk to. So not everything will have a public answer. But for things like questions of why something is saving funky, why averages aren't quite coming out right for votes in the AVA, and the like they can definitely go back and answer a few of them before calling it a night.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
frozen_water
User Image
I think that's a fair suggestion. I don't think it's necessary for admins/devs to answer all of the questions they're asked (since many of them tend to be repeats week after week anyway), but to answer at least a handful more questions after the thread is locked sounds like a decent compromise.

Lavish Lunatic

The Undead Suitor
It might seem pointless now, but one day theyre going to ******** up and its going to be a great way to bring it to them
And then they'll just say that Lanzer didn't know what he was talking about. sweatdrop
/happened before

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
none of this matters to me since they always post AtA when it's like 2am here and i have work early the next day. sweatdrop i'd kind of like if they did them at different-but-preplanned times every week to accommodate different timezones but i'm not expecting that to happen.

Stellar Succubus

There are devs and other staff who potter around the forums answering questions pretty often outside of AtA.

I don't have any problem with them locking it without saying. More often than not that thread descends into "Does Lanzer like cookies or donuts" after a while.

And it's gotten better. A while back, only Lanzer and maybe one dev would host it, and only answer what was on the first page. And the thread would last under 10-15 pages before closure.
I've asked twice if we could get the eyes in SD in white as well as the "Sleek" hairstyle in white,but I never get an answer. emo

Original Pumpkin

Pugnacious Banana
none of this matters to me since they always post AtA when it's like 2am here and i have work early the next day. sweatdrop i'd kind of like if they did them at different-but-preplanned times every week to accommodate different timezones but i'm not expecting that to happen.

Ah yes!
This last ATA I was lucky because I home.
On other days Im at work and I always miss it.
I wish they would have it earlier.

Original Pumpkin

Mimi Sparda
I've asked twice if we could get the eyes in SD in white as well as the "Sleek" hairstyle in white,but I never get an answer. emo

Try site feedback and add more information.
Maybe pictures and stuff.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin
AtAs aren't really very useful, I've noticed. Once in a while you get a handful of sort of useful replies but so often they just ignore the real questions and answer the goofy things.

But more often or not there aren't any more "useful" questions

Every bug fix is on their to-do list

We know theres a rig coming next month

the gold shop update will be late

Halloween is always in the works but nothing solid yet

there will probably be something on easter

and we all know not a single employee knows anything about the lore, story, or setting so any question regarding anything like that will always be met with a why not.

Everything is either set on a defined schedule, or they dont know

and that's good.

You forgot: THE ZURG WILL NEVER BE APART OF GAIA AGAIN, ZI. GODDAMNIT STOP ASKING.

Aged Genius

OMFG Shushu
So they locked the thread without even telling us it was over.
Maybe we were asking too many questions?

EDIT;
That last post was added after they locked us out.

gaia_spoons How do you feel about they locking the thread without ever telling you it was over.
gaia_spoons What question that you asked didn't even get a reply.
gaia_spoons Did you get was you were looking for this last ATA.

I'm not sure what happen as far as the thread being locked late. It is supposed to be locked as soon as Lanzer says his goodbye. I guess it just got missed last night.

We try to answer as many questions as we can, but in some cases, we are not the person with the answer. I only know about my own projects, which involve flash spaces and games. I often get questions sent via pm, about items, which I don't make, nor do I have any input into what gets made. If we don't have an artist in the thread, item questions are probably going to go unanswered. We've had a few more artists lately though. Also, just the sheer number of questions, makes it very hard to answer them all, but we do our best to get to as many as we can.

Ok, Midnight in San Jose. Codemonkey go to bed.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Yeata Zi
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin
AtAs aren't really very useful, I've noticed. Once in a while you get a handful of sort of useful replies but so often they just ignore the real questions and answer the goofy things.

and we all know not a single employee knows anything about the lore, story, or setting so any question regarding anything like that will always be met with a why not.

and that's good.

You forgot: THE ZURG WILL NEVER BE APART OF GAIA AGAIN, ZI. GODDAMNIT STOP ASKING.

YEAH ******** THOSE ZURGS

I MEAN, TINY GREEN WEIRD THINGS THAT ARE MOSTLY COMIC RELIEF THAT NO ONE REALLY GETS AND A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT CONSIDER FUNNY??

THAT WOULDNT FIT IN GAIA AT ALL

I MEAN WHO LIKES THAT STUFF

User Image

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The Undead Suitor
Yeata Zi
The Undead Suitor
Lazarus Larkin

and that's good.

YEAH ******** THOSE ZURGS

I MEAN, TINY GREEN WEIRD THINGS THAT ARE MOSTLY COMIC RELIEF THAT NO ONE REALLY GETS AND A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT CONSIDER FUNNY??

THAT WOULDNT FIT IN GAIA AT ALL

I MEAN WHO LIKES THAT STUFF

User Image
ALSO REPETITIVE s**t. LIKE THIS PINK CAT THING THAT IS SLOWLY REPLACING THE TINY GREEN BRO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff