Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Pumpkin

So they locked the thread without even telling us it was over.
Maybe we were asking too many questions?

EDIT;
That last post was added after they locked us out.

gaia_spoons How do you feel about they locking the thread without ever telling you it was over.
gaia_spoons What question that you asked didn't even get a reply.
gaia_spoons Did you get was you were looking for this last ATA.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
My post that didn't make it in time:

frozen_water
I'm sorry if the question has already been asked, but I wanted to make sure I got it out there:

Is there any chance of an update to the arenas?

- It'd be nice if when we use the skip button it would randomly skip to an avatar/item that we have not yet rated

- Editing entries after they're submitted (Not the avatar, but the description [I belive we are supposed to be able to do this currently, but I have never been able to] and the reference image)

-Notifying those that comment on your entry if you comment back

Also, just a side note, I've had an issue for a while now that when logging in it often doesn't accept my username, and instead I have to enter my user ID (I assume that's what the number is, it is the number that appears in the URL when I pull up my profile).

It can be very annoying to have to log in multiple times because it doesn't accept the first try, any help?

Also, I was typing this response as it got locked, so I guess I'll post it here:
Quote:

ZOMG QUESTIONS/COMPLAINTS
They answered a few question about zOmg towards the beginning, and I believe the same answer will apply to all the questions.

The money aquired through the game is put into a general pool and used for Gaia as a whole, like other income sources.

They currently do not have any devs assigned to work on zOmg full time, and have to call in older zOmg devs to help out if they want to get things done, but they are usually busy.

They hope to train someone to handle the zOmg programming, but it appears to be a low priority.

If however, you have questions as to why they have zOmg set at such a low priority, the answer is that it does not generate the same money as the other areas using the devs time right now. It may seem like a shitty move on their part, but it's a financially based one which I'm sure no one responding to these threads is really in charge of, nor will they be able to be much help on the matter.

Chatty Cat

15,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Nerd 50
That was just weird. They all just suddenly stopped talking or answering questions, for several pages. Then, suddenly, the thread was locked. I've never seen that happen before.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Usually ATA stops at 6pm, so if it was locked suddenly i wouldn't think too much about it. They actually went overtime by 36minutes. People gotta go home and eat dinner ya'll biggrin

Playful Kitten

Seemed like everyone was just reposting about their original posts, near the end of it. Maybe they were waiting to see if something new would pop up to reply to, and it didn't, so they got distracted then were like oops forgot to close. xd

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
AtAs aren't really very useful, I've noticed. Once in a while you get a handful of sort of useful replies but so often they just ignore the real questions and answer the goofy things.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
KandyLime
That was just weird. They all just suddenly stopped talking or answering questions, for several pages. Then, suddenly, the thread was locked. I've never seen that happen before.

That happens every week. Occasionally a dev will finish answering a couple questions, but more often than not they just lock it once the hour is up and add in the last post.

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Even if they never locked the thread, they pick and choose which questions to answer. Don't think of getting your post in before it closes as the struggle, that's a simple matter of prepping your question, and being ready for the thread, which pops up every week.

The challenge is getting them to actually answer you.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lazarus Larkin
AtAs aren't really very useful, I've noticed. Once in a while you get a handful of sort of useful replies but so often they just ignore the real questions and answer the goofy things.

But more often or not there aren't any more "useful" questions

Every bug fix is on their to-do list

We know theres a rig coming next month

the gold shop update will be late

Halloween is always in the works but nothing solid yet

there will probably be something on easter

and we all know not a single employee knows anything about the lore, story, or setting so any question regarding anything like that will always be met with a why not.

Everything is either set on a defined schedule, or they dont know

and that's good.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Why do they even bother doing them then?

Shade

For a possibly chance of communication with the community? Questions such as "what possible hint to the next type of event can you possible give" might seem good ones, or even just asking about their day. It's a time where those in charge are able to talk with users as fellow patrons. Sometimes, small talk helps it easier to move to business.

At least, that's what I make of it, anyway. There's a high chance I'm wrong, which I find I often am.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lazarus Larkin
Why do they even bother doing them then?

because its contact between developers and users, and even useless contact is better than no contact.

It might seem pointless now, but one day theyre going to ******** up and its going to be a great way to bring it to them

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I guess I feel like they should be reading and responding to Site Feedback daily anyway >.>

Buggy Mage

@ Lazarus that would be awesome to get some real and daily feedback from the mods for a change. Usually I feel like when they do answer questions its more out of a forced or popular fashion. It would be nice to see a free flowing chat dynamic once in a while. Like, the most relevent questions on the page gets an answer. I could understand not getting every question but at least get the more helpful ones adressed.
It's nice that they stayed extra though, I praise them at every opportunity.
Also Lanzer Likes Mecha/Anime so imma auto-fan 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces