Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Gaian A donates 10bil to goldsink.
Conclusion: 10bil is donated toward global tiers and Gaian A receives 10bil worth of personal tiers.

Gaian A donates 5bil to goldsink and gives another 5bil to someone's mule. Mule donates the 5bil to goldsink. (Assuming it's not a scam.)
Conclusion: 10bil is donated toward global tiers and Gaian A receives only 5bil worth of personal tiers.

Which of the two actions above makes more sense? We have reached the highest global tier in goldsinks before. This isn't new.

Kawaii Kitty

this isn't thought-out at all, and OP's post style is an eyesore

Tricky Fairy

The best I can understand of why anyone could think this would solve an actual problem is if that person had a gross misunderstanding of how personal and global reward tiers worked. All gold that goes into a kickstarter is part of the gold collected towards the global rewards, personal rewards are just for the purpose of giving donators immediate incentive to give money beyond contributing towards a community goal. It isn't as if gold donated only gets counted towards the community goal after a user meets or exceeds the personal tiers.

At best this might "hack" the kickstarter by altering the statistics on the average gold being donated, but for that to even have a purpose it would depend on 1. Gaia staff actually paying attention to those kinds of numbers (which I find questionable) 2. That they would only be paying attention to the mean or mode of those statistics and not the median which would remain unchanged and 3. That a lower statistical average would cause them to do something the community as a whole might consider desirable, and not just scrap the kickstarter system altogether. None of those seem likely so again, I can't see any point to this plan.

Stellar Succubus

How is this a 'hack'? What does it achieve that the current set up doesn't?

The only thing it would effectively do would be to make that community mule win the top donation competition (if there is one)... thus winning whatever top donation incentive award is available.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

What did I just read? Oo..

Distrustful Guardian

But.. you'd be doing the exact same thing, except all the
people who donated probably wouldn't be getting their
personal tier items. It would take a ton of users out of the
running for "top donor", giving the spot to the "community"
account. With that many people pooling together, who gets
the item if the "community" account wins? Who's to say the
user running that account wouldn't just pocket the item, after
everyone else donated all that gold? Or, also, who's to say
that user would even donate it to the goldsink in the first
place?

Ultimately, this idea doesn't sound like it would be useful for
anything except the person running the "community" account
scamming a lot of other, generous users.

Dapper Gaian

The point of events like it is to SINK gold away. I.e trash it away out of the system.

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
I think the OP is just misunderstanding how the Global Tiers are achieved, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff