Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Soft CeII

There's also the fact that during the last 2 Kickstarters, one person alone donated over 20tril for the Beach Party, and another person alone donated 30tril of bad gold to the GoFusion Kickstarter. So the high kickstarter tiers are also a result of that history of Gaia believing we have that much gold to dump when in reality, reaching those higher tiers only happened because of 2 individual people.

Collectively, there is and a lot more. It's just that many of them refuse to drop it in for one reason or another which usually underlies the amount of greed.

Quote:
If another individual with tons of gold dropped 20-30 tril on this kickstarter we'd've already reached the 4th global donation, but it doesn't look like that that's going to happen...unless someone else decides to exploit Gaia or waste their cash on GGs, and dump tons of gold on the Kickstarter lol.

I am wishing I had the amount gold need to dump all in all at once and finish it in just under an hour, but maybe to lag it on just to see if we could make it without doing it. I, however, do not have anything near that amount (or even a tenth of it), and so it is just a dream I like to play with. Meantime, I did what I could. I gotta save some for the next one.

Quote:

I also believe that a huge chunk of donations to the current Kickstater were just people trying to get the heart charms too (get 2 for donating 100mil...sell on the MP for 200-400mil, when heart charms were worth 100-200mil at the time of the Kickstarter's opening), rather than because they were interested in the ball itself. I saw a lot of people doing that.

Agreed. A lot of people did. I used mine. As for the Ball, I cannot get myself intersted enough for any of the Forum events. I will Prolly spend some time in the dance hall in Barton Town, however.

Tipsy Genius

I'm really glad they made a kickstarter for this. I don't usually participate in user-run events (I'm s**t at interacting with people, seriously) but it didn't stop me from donating a few billions, because the people who run this events deserve the donations and the exposure. I prefer to donate through the kickstarter because it might encourage others to do the same if they see the global donations increasing.

On a semi-unrelated note, I'm glad Gaia tends to make Animal-specific rewards the first tier in every kickstarter. It slowly dispels the notion that it's a feature to be enjoyed by GC customers only.

Alien Abductee

I really wish everyone would just set a bil or less aside to keep, and dump the rest of their gold. I think that would solve a lot of problems and get the economy back to normal. Buuut no ones going to do that. I guess we can dream.

Mewling Kitten

Magiju
I really wish everyone would just set a bil or less aside to keep, and dump the rest of their gold. I think that would solve a lot of problems and get the economy back to normal. Buuut no ones going to do that. I guess we can dream.
Do you want Gaia to be a monthly subscription based website?

Alien Abductee

Darlingchann

Err, no

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I wish this was doing better, kind of depressing that a plot event and a community ball even are both on the low end of the donation spectrum but a GC event like the fusion one surpassed the final goal by quite a bit.

Mewling Kitten

Magiju
Darlingchann

Err, no
A lot of people have paid real money for gold. If they dumped it they would be paying money simply to be on Gaia

Alien Abductee

Darlingchann

Well that's another problem. But yeah, I see your point.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
UNLOCKED!!

Global donations: 35,000,765,112,155 Gold

Donate 35 trillion
Unlock a Human Item for the Annual User Run Ball

Will we unlock the 45 trillion and see NPCs there?
This will end Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:59pm PDT

Anxious Lunatic

36,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Yay congrats everyone, made the second global tier woooo!
xcrimsonlegendx
I wish this was doing better, kind of depressing that a plot event and a community ball even are both on the low end of the donation spectrum but a GC event like the fusion one surpassed the final goal by quite a bit.

teh go fusion kickstarter only went well because a user who hacked gaia dumped 20-30tril gold all by herself
I would donate more if there was actual items and not charms considering that the charms are a daily chance item now

I mean its a good things charms are daily chance item so it should be the kickstarter whose item should be upgraded

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Wow, we actually reached the 2nd tier. I'm surprised. I wish the Loyal one wasn't so expensive. It should have been the 1st or 2nd tier. I don't know why they chose an animal item the first tier.

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
xcrimsonlegendx
I wish it was doing better too. I wish the loyal tier wasn't the last one. I think it should have been 1st or 2nd. I don't know why they do animal items first. Ugh. I hope they stop doing these type of "events" because it doesn't really solve the inflation problem. The events aren't really anything special either.

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

Considering how slow this one's going, aside from the stupidity of the GoFusion hacked final tier issue; Why do I think that everyone's skipped the middle man and donated directly to the Annual ball Mule in attempts to slap Gaia in the face on this Kickstarter's personal gold tier prices?
I'm still on the side of this thing would have gone more smoothly if the tiers were items relating to the ball like the Librarian gold sink but I'm beating a dead horse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff