Welcome to Gaia! ::

clarion's King

Super Model

Rhea Byrne
Magus
Nyadriel
Will we unlock a human item for the Ball?

Even if we do, it'll be something miniscule like a recolour of a tiny brooch or something lol
Honestly, I'd be thrilled if it was a recolor of the Red Rose Corsage

I wouldn't mind that either, but I wear a lot of belts, scarves, and jackets that layer over it :/
My ideal recolour though would be to just make the stem black.

Obsessive Otaku

28,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
This gold sink is filling up much slower then the others.

Original Survivor

Got about 92b to go.. sweatdrop

And yeah, this kickstater is moving slowly, its easy to know why though.

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

45 tril for NPC interaction, I hope we manage to get it in time, honestly it's one of the global tiers that I would care most about in this kickstarter. mad

Dulcet Bloodsucker

17,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Step 1: Do Cash dailies. Step 2: Purchase 10-pack of stupid gold generators on sale. Step 3: Sell 10-pack at deeply undercut rate. Step 4: Donate proceeds towards a worthy kickstarter for a change.

I've put 1 bill in the kitty so far, and I'm hoping I'll have another 6 bill for it in the morning using this method. I just really want you guys to get the nice things Gaia promised you.

Original Survivor

DaziLi
Step 1: Do Cash dailies. Step 2: Purchase 10-pack of stupid gold generators on sale. Step 3: Sell 10-pack at deeply undercut rate. Step 4: Donate proceeds towards a worthy kickstarter for a change.

I've put 1 bill in the kitty so far, and I'm hoping I'll have another 6 bill for it in the morning using this method. I just really want you guys to get the nice things Gaia promised you.

I use to do those Cash dailies.. But then I moved away from the states, no longer have them videos.. And I can't afford to buy Cash.. And to be honest, even if I could I wouldn't, I just can't give a company money that treats its users like this.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Lei_Trigar
Got about 92b to go.. sweatdrop

And yeah, this kickstater is moving slowly, its easy to know why though.

true after all we don't have a single user generating trillions upon trillions of gold to throw away for LOL's
They keep raising the donation amounts...I don't have enough to donate anymore. OTL

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Wow, this has been going on for nearly a week now?
We've only hit the first tier? It doesn't look like the bar has moved much since I last checked it either.

Personally, I knew from the beginning that this wasn't going to be very successful for many reasons.

For one, the Annual Ball isn't something a lot of Gaian's (myself included) participate in. People aren't going to dump gold into a user-ran event.

Two, the incredible amounts on the tiers. Much too high for someone to throw their money at to reach.
Unless of course you buy gold gens. I'm on to you, Gaia. 8U
Lots of people can't afford Gcash or are unable to obtain it. This will naturally cause more animosity towards the site and people are less willing to support it because of.

Three, the personal reward tiers aren't anything to write home about.
We're supposed to dump millions or trillions of gold to "win" something that can be earned for free?
Really? (the GoFusion materials)
And the one Global Tier about donating for NPC interaction? Insulting much, staff?
How long has the Userbase requested NPC interaction and now you're asking us to FUND it?
We really can't go back to the days where we got the pleasure of it without having to spend trillions or billions to earn in?

Sacher Torte's Husband

Diamond Darling

14,725 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Meh, the rewards for the sink this time are a bit lack luster. Really they're things that users expect from an event, i.e. items/ NPC interaction/ etc. But because it's a user run event, people aren't bothered about it. User events tend to be very niche, unless you're a part of the "in" crowd you aren't going to have a great deal of fun, so people don't want to donate to it really.

All the tiers are so high, it's like "why bother?" This one will be lucky if it makes it to 2nd global tier, but it's not a big loss if we don't make it to be honest.

Stubborn Gifter

x Karurie x
We've only hit the first tier? It doesn't look like the bar has moved much since I last checked it either.

Personally, I knew from the beginning that this wasn't going to be very successful for many reasons.

For one, the Annual Ball isn't something a lot of Gaian's (myself included) participate in. People aren't going to dump gold into a user-ran event.

Two, the incredible amounts on the tiers. Much too high for someone to throw their money at to reach.
Lots of people can't afford Gcash or are unable to obtain it. This will naturally cause more animosity towards the site and people are less willing to support it because of.

We're supposed to dump millions or trillions of gold to "win" something that can be earned for free?
And the one Global Tier about donating for NPC interaction? Insulting much, staff?
How long has the Userbase requested NPC interaction and now you're asking us to FUND it?
We really can't go back to the days where we got the pleasure of it without having to spend trillions or billions to earn in?

You've also forget that many people dump their gold to the Annual Ball mule directly instead of dumping gold through kickstarter. Few people think that this is a "F U GAIA" sign about the kickstarter.

Truth be told, I don't know about the others but for me, I dumped my gold directly to the mule where they get it 100% of the gold instead of getting 50% from the kickstarter.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
So wait... it's a gold sink that will redirect 50% of the sunk gold back into the system (via prizes at the ball)? That seems to defeat the purpose.
Jisen Meizuki
x Karurie x

You've also forget that many people dump their gold to the Annual Ball mule directly instead of dumping gold through kickstarter. Few people think that this is a "F U GAIA" sign about the kickstarter.

Truth be told, I don't know about the others but for me, I dumped my gold directly to the mule where they get it 100% of the gold instead of getting 50% from the kickstarter.

There's also the fact that during the last 2 Kickstarters, one person alone donated over 20tril for the Beach Party, and another person alone donated 30tril of bad gold to the GoFusion Kickstarter. So the high kickstarter tiers are also a result of that history of Gaia believing we have that much gold to dump when in reality, reaching those higher tiers only happened because of 2 individual people.

If another individual with tons of gold dropped 20-30 tril on this kickstarter we'd've already reached the 4th global donation, but it doesn't look like that that's going to happen...unless someone else decides to exploit Gaia or waste their cash on GGs, and dump tons of gold on the Kickstarter lol.

I also believe that a huge chunk of donations to the current Kickstater were just people trying to get the heart charms too (get 2 for donating 100mil...sell on the MP for 200-400mil, when heart charms were worth 100-200mil at the time of the Kickstarter's opening), rather than because they were interested in the ball itself. I saw a lot of people doing that.

Stubborn Gifter

Soft CeII

There's also the fact that during the last 2 Kickstarters, one person alone donated over 20tril for the Beach Party, and another person alone donated 30tril of bad gold to the GoFusion Kickstarter. So the high kickstarter tiers are also a result of that history of Gaia believing we have that much gold to dump when in reality, reaching those higher tiers only happened because of 2 individual people.

If another individual with tons of gold dropped 20-30 tril on this kickstarter we'd've already reached the 4th global donation, but it doesn't look like that that's going to happen...unless someone else decides to exploit Gaia or waste their cash on GGs, and dump tons of gold on the Kickstarter lol.

The first person, perhaps. The HYYPE incident (the second person) I don't believe it. Because of what HYYPE did, Gaia had to fix whatever problems that person had ruined.

Truth be told, I don't believe it Gaia raised the bar because we made a success on the kickstarter. I believe that Gaia raised it because they want us to continue dumping gold by buying gold generator.

The reason why the manga kickstarter became a success is because the manga feature was on the chopping block. And due to our support and care about the manga feature, people dumped their gold so that the manga continued. And because we dumped so much gold in order to keep the manga so quickly, Gaia felt that it's too soon to end it. Hence, why they added another higher tier to keep it going.

The GoFusion kickstarter is where the HYYPE incident happened. I believed we both know what happened.

So yeah, Gaia didn't set high tiers so we can make a success. They did it because they want us to continue dumping gold in order to buy the gold gen. They're already aware that the rich people aren't going to dump their gold in the kickstarter. They want to keep their gold so they can buy and exchange items. It's us "poor" and "moderate" people that dump the gold. However, it depends what the goal of the kickstarter is as well as how much we care about the goal.

Blessed Cleric

PinkieKitty
Symbolon
Eren Jaegerbomb
Symbolon
Eren Jaegerbomb

yea but i wonder how much the mule has now too.
Not counting what it already had and what's been donated directly to the mule, about 6,788,472,600,000.

So probably like 7 trillion? Idk. We could ask Pinkie. xD

we could haha
Welp let's do this.
PinkieKitty
HEY BALL BOSS
what's the giant number at the top of your screen currently?
because curiosity killed the pink cat has struck us and our whims

32 trillion? Wait, top of my screen? Like gold?
Nuuuu the mule silly
I can see the kickstarter for myself

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas