Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Sage

44,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Sheshira
Are they using the kickstarter to fund the user run ball or to fund bonuses for the ball. For me that's a big difference since I've learned that we haven't ever gotten themed update for this a user run ball...

So if it's the former, boo on that and if the second, I think that's awesome.
Obviously bonuses, as a big user-run event like the Annual Ball will still be made even if we don't hit the first tier...
Edit: Retracting my point now that I learnt that part of the donated gold will go to the Ball's Organizer Team for contests prizes...

Of course, my main concern is in that the personal tiers got quite steep: the first Heart Charm tier (the only one I'm actually interested for questing reasons) takes a huge toll to my budget and the other is just plain unreachable for me.

Timely Advisor

Eren Jaegerbomb
Hey guys

as a room host for the ball coming up, while i dont agree with the kickstarter for it, most of the organisers for the ball dont get GC or are not very rich.
the fundraising things that we tried to do through out the year only totaled to be around 7bil, which isnt enough for the prizes we normally give out in the rooms. ( we have six rooms and most rooms normally give out at least 6 prizes along with gold prizes for tasks completed in the ball )

gaia has told us that approximately half of the kickstarter funds will be going to us so we can buy worthy prizes for the attendees that win things and also to put towards next years ball.

one of the current staff is a previous ball captain so she does understand that with the economy of gaia as it is now, we would be struggling with funds.

( though i agree that GOfusion charms arent much incentive to donate )

This is very interesting.
Because just looking at the page makes it seem almost completely disconnected from you guys.
Up until we hit the global tier of 55t where 25% ( not really close to "half" ) would then go to you guys.
It definitely would come off feeling better if it was always the case of giving you guys 50% and if they were upfront about that.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Whoa. Great advertisement for the user run ball, but a bit odd for a kickstarter. Then again, this seems to be their new form of communication with us, so I'm not going to hiss and boo at it entirely.

Plus, again, they've made the tiers obnoxious. I donated 10mil, which is all I can really spare after the Hidden Tome. I still gotta quest back an item I had to sell to get the achievement I wanted.

I also send hugs and encouragement out to the achievement hunters...good luck!

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
minghii
koirat
minghii
ಠ_ಠ

just kinda realized that there's the unlock human/animal items tiers in the global donations

if that's = to funding a kickstart so we can get "freebies" during an event, that's kinda cheap?

this event wouldn't have freebies at all normally tho, imo it's better than donating to gofusion so we can get items they already planned to put in there anyway.
ah well, it is a user-ran ball now i think of it, rather than a gaia event

still, it should've been much lower, 5 or 10tril, really.

yea i wish the tiers were lower but aside from that i can't be mad because we're actually donating to make a user-run event more sparkly and fun than it normally would be. like, this kickstarter actually helps users for once instead've just "donate for shinies!" so i think that part overall is pretty nice. i hear the ball captain is very excited they can now use some of the kickstart gold as funds for cool prizes to raffle off. 4laugh

Frightful Rogue

17,525 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
sdrawkcab
I... don't understand why we're funding the user run ball in this format.

I really don't.

I guess it's nice to have another gold sink to help combat inflation, whatever the excuse is.
And, heck, at least they can't judge our interest level based on this kickstart. XD; Er, what I mean is, they can't take away our user run ball because... users run it.
If anything, it's good advertizement for the user run ball.

And I hope that we do unlock an item for the user run ball. Excuse me, items (animal and human). I normally like when the staff throws a carrot our way and gives the user run ball an item grant. It's just so odd to fund the event by funneling the gold into a black hole. Gold that could otherwise be used to buy lots of prizes for contests.
hilariously enough, only 25% of the gold donated will actually go to the ball, and that's IF we donate 55 trillion.

Stubborn Gifter

Eren Jaegerbomb
Hey guys

as a room host for the ball coming up, while i dont agree with the kickstarter for it, most of the organisers for the ball dont get GC or are not very rich.
the fundraising things that we tried to do through out the year only totaled to be around 7bil, which isnt enough for the prizes we normally give out in the rooms. ( we have six rooms and most rooms normally give out at least 6 prizes along with gold prizes for tasks completed in the ball )

gaia has told us that approximately half of the kickstarter funds will be going to us so we can buy worthy prizes for the attendees that win things and also to put towards next years ball.

one of the current staff is a previous ball captain so she does understand that with the economy of gaia as it is now, we would be struggling with funds.

While I understand that funding is quite hard to get, what I don't understand is why you guys don't ask for donation. I've seen people make donation threads when they are questing for certain goal. Heck, I even know one user-organization is doing the donation quest in order to have enough gold and prizes before Halloween comes.

Surely, there would be some of us who are willing to help donate you the funding. But seriously, why have a kickstarter instead of just doing the donation threads?

7,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
The first achievement is all I can bother to spend any gold on. Still, the ball might be interesting.

Pure-hearted Werewolf

22,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
Damn Gaia, I don't buy Gold Gen's. I can't can't afford those tiers!

lol

Loyal Shapeshifter

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Well this is disappointing. I was hoping for items related to the kickstart, not gofusion charms. :/

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
zatqt
Eren Jaegerbomb
Hey guys

Who is running it? Get them to PM me and I'll put up a thing in the first post where users can donate directly to the ball instead of to gaia. You might get more gold that way.

If I read the thing right, they will get 25% 0f 55 trillion (or more) out of this depending on what we throw in there.
edit: I am reading that they will get half of the donated gold. So if we reach the top tier, they get half of that.
It's Gaia's support for the user-run effort

Antagonistic Rogue

zatqt
Who is running it? Get them to PM me and I'll put up a thing in the first post where users can donate directly to the ball instead of to gaia. You might get more gold that way.

PinkieKitty is the one running the ball this year but we have a mule, cant remember the name of it though. i've told her but you could contact her yourself as well

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I hosted the user-run annual ball back in 2005. It's nice to see that there are still people working on it.

Fuzzy Bear

Nyadriel
zatqt
Eren Jaegerbomb
Hey guys

If I read the thing right, they will get 25% 0f 55 trillion (or more) out of this depending on what we throw in there.
Quote:
User Run Ball can use 25% of the total gold to use for prizes for the Ball!
or 100% of 55 trillion (assuming users donate directly to the account instead of to this kickstarter)

Stubborn Gifter

Nyadriel

Gaia has always supported the effort of Gaian members for this. At least, in what I have seen. There is usually an announcement of Staff notice thing about it. I think it's cool. And offering more charms there is nothing wrong with. Especially if they are gonna put something for Prom into GoFusion (which is what this is funding in part). Plus, if I read it right, they might get some gold out of this for prizes.

Yeah, I saw one of the Gaian Ball Host/Hostess made a post, explaining why they have a kickstarter. However, I just don't understand why they think of kickstarter first instead of asking for donation. I've seen people make donation thread when reaching for a goal and there are people who are willing to donate. So it doesn't make sense why they never thought about donation thread first.

Angelic Nitemare

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/bank.php?mode=trade&uid=6834828

For those wanting to support the user ball, but are not interested in the tiers from the kick starter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff