Welcome to Gaia! ::

How much would you be willing to pay for a Gaia board game?

$15 0.16312056737589 16.3% [ 23 ]
$20 0.21985815602837 22.0% [ 31 ]
$25 0.12056737588652 12.1% [ 17 ]
$30 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 6 ]
$35 0.0070921985815603 0.7% [ 1 ]
$40 0.014184397163121 1.4% [ 2 ]
$45 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
$50+ 0.014184397163121 1.4% [ 2 ]
I wouldn't buy one 0.36879432624113 36.9% [ 52 ]
Gold 0.049645390070922 5.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
1 2 3 >

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Went to a convention. Too some notes during the Gaia panel like a good little geek.

Anticipated Updates

1) We can anticipate another item update based on a known American TV show (another partner CI/RIG thing).

2) They are adding Friends Chat into Towns

3) Summer event will test out a new feature people have been wanting for a long time. If we like it during the summer event, they'll forward production on it. Virtual Piggy will have an item linked to the Summer event.

4) They will add servers to Rally, in a different but similar way (aka they're adding servers to Rally but it probably won't look the same way server-choosing used to look).

5) They are developing 2 new games:
a) multi-player strategy game, competing with an opponent to destroy opponent's units (lol vague) - will be for facebook & iOS
b) ? did not catch or DJ did not mention

6) They are in the middle of finalizing negotiations for Gaia's board game. Kickstarter page will determine if production goals are met (prob via pledges to buy the game). DJ was unsure if he was allowed to talk about the theme of the game so I won't mention it here. But yeah. It's an actual, physical board game you'd be able to purchase and play with your friends/family. DJ was asking people how much people would pay for a board game. Thought I'd make a poll. biggrin So answer the poll!

Misc.
1) Mystery of the empty Partner forum section explained:
New section was to host forums for other companies. Gaia was originally going to host for a company but they backed out, which is why it's been empty for so long. Gist of it is that a company lets Gaia host their official forums on Gaia, and Gaia will do everything else for free. So if you know of any companies or businesses out there who don't have message boards/forums but would like one hosted for free (and are pg-13)....let them know about Gaia ;D
2) It takes a long a** time to create those partner RIG/CI item updates. Like 8+ mo.

It looks like he's on a campaign!
User ImageUser Image

SOOOooOOOooooOOoooooooo....
The thing I'm most interested in is the Summer event thing. What do you think the new feature they're testing out during the Summer Event is going to be? I can't really think of things people have been wanting for a long time except PvP games (for zOMG).

Also hypothetically speaking, if you could move an entire forum from a different website onto Gaia, which website/forum/fandom would it be? Do you know of any websites/companies that don't have forums but you'd love to see Gaia host forums for?

For me I'd love to move Kshownow's forum over here...but they have an 18+ section so...never gonna happen lol.

Thread music

in b4 the mpreg jokes. watch for the pepsi endorsements lol. it's not even subtle.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Excited about what the summer event will be but I'll prbs be too busy with nursing school to enjoy it emo

I hope that other RIGs/CIs are based on something like Dr. Who, NCIS, Supernatural, I'd go with another Walking Dead buuuuut that's already been done.

Also lookin forward to updates with Heralds of Chaos. Enjoying it way more than zOMG

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Slick Southpaw
Excited about what the summer event will be but I'll prbs be too busy with nursing school to enjoy it emo

I hope that other RIGs/CIs are based on something like Dr. Who, NCIS, Supernatural, I'd go with another Walking Dead buuuuut that's already been done.

Also lookin forward to updates with Heralds of Chaos. Enjoying it way more than zOMG

all these game updates make me realize i'm not much of a gamer. lol
but nice to hear you are enjoying one of their games.

that would be cool. i'm rooting for Once Upon A Time but since it's ABC...meh.

Retro Punk

Yeah , i was going to mention the pvp for zomg too. lol !

I wonder what show they are going to promote? Breaking Bad ?? If they do partner up why not something from SyFy?? or History channel?

Or how about more Funimation? Funimation is coming out with all the hot new anime anyways.

If they do make a new rally. I hope they actually make a raceing game out of it. I mean come on the previous racing game....well it got kinda lame quick.

BTW, i had seen that vid before in another forum don't remember where... Did see Pepsi logo.

Also , that bra seems to be very popular.

User Image

EDIT: maybe they'll fix the pvp in Moga. Luv the music of that game , but it's laggier than zomg.

Long live zomg !

Hot Dog

American TV Show? Well damn, I was hoping for a Sailor moon remake / One Piece partner rig, guess that won't be happening till they say so. emo

Questionable Mage

Long-wanted features...hmm...marriage system comes to mind since there was a topic on that recently. It would make more sense to introduce that for Valentine's if ever, though.

Original Survivor

I'd still wager it'll take another couple of years before any of those things are released though. xp

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
GuinAoiichi

I wonder what show they are going to promote? Breaking Bad ?? If they do partner up why not something from SyFy?? or History channel?

Or how about more Funimation? Funimation is coming out with all the hot new anime anyways.

If they do make a new rally. I hope they actually make a raceing game out of it. I mean come on the previous racing game....well it got kinda lame quick.

BTW, i had seen that vid before in another forum don't remember where... Did see Pepsi logo.

User Image

EDIT: maybe they'll fix the pvp in Moga. Luv the music of that game , but it's laggier than zomg.

Long live zomg !

yeah. there are like 100s of popular american tv shows out there. i'm not much into anime anymore though so i like that they found an american tv show sponsor/partner.
they're not making a new rally, just adding servers to it. like, if you wanted to meet your friend at a specific spot you would be able to direct them to that spot/room.

was it in SF? xd I posted the video there too. lol. it still fascinates me.

Dedicated Seeker

I hope the RIG will be based on Once Upon a Time or Game of Thrones (we do have the sub-forum now). Looking forward to the Summer Event, though.

Enduring Hero

The summer event sounds intriguing!

I'm hoping the next sponsorship RIG will be based off a show I enjoy, like Doctor Who~

Retro Punk

Existential Existence
GuinAoiichi

User Image

Long live zomg !

yeah. there are like 100s of popular american tv shows out there. i'm not much into anime anymore though so i like that they found an american tv show sponsor/partner.
they're not making a new rally, just adding servers to it. like, if you wanted to meet your friend at a specific spot you would be able to direct them to that spot/room.

was it in SF? xd I posted the video there too. lol. it still fascinates me.

I think it might have been. Me i think i will always love anime. I mean it just gives itself to all genres. So whatever show they partner up with will get the anime treatment once it becomes item. lol. They should think about partnering up with the Discovery channel. They could do Mythbuster items. Or any of the recent HD shows. Unless it's to graphic . idk.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
summer event sounds like towns 2 to me

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Facebook & iOS? No Android? Pfft like AD ever gets anything.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Boo, more facebook s**t? Sigh.

I have no interest in a board game, but if you'd asked me 5 years ago I'd have been excited about it, probably.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I thought it was nerds that took notes and geeks were the ones with the electronics?

I dunno though e.e I haven't been in high school in years.

They should just make the board game the standard $19.99 and be done with it.

I'm so tired of bitching about the android thing that I'm just not even going to bother. neutral

Thanks for the info though! Its always good to hear of what could be happening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff