Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pie For All! 300
Moira said something about a band...are they going to be the biggest thing on Gaia? Is there going to be a gaia Idol?

What do you think, will the admins ever have music or such on gaia?
WAH! Gaian Idol would be hilarious. ><; I can see Moira, Sasha, and Liam being the top three. ><; Not quite sure who would be Number One, but...lolol The drama! I love it! whee

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pie For All! 300
Liam would be Gaia's prince, or the artist formerly known as Prince I think.

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pie For All! 300
The G-man xd Or Gambino the rapper

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Gaian Idol would be awesome. 3nodding Moira would for sure win!!
At the last anniversary Moira said her favorite band was the Noobs, and they had their concert cancelled because Gambino booked the amphitheatre in Durem for Gino's birthday. xd

That would be awesome if users could set up their own band. I don't know how much you could customize your music... but here's my idea:

Users could make a group (similar to a guild, and it would cost some G as well) and on the page for their group they could customize things like what instruments they play (these would be bought like special items, maybe some would be rare) and you'd choose your band name etc. You'd have a band leader which is basically the same as a guild admin. Your fans could also subscribe to your band guild-thing, but they wouldn't be able to actually play in the band unless they joined. =D

Ok, here's the fun part. To play in the band, there would be a flash game similar to Gaia Fishing or Gaia Houses. I have an ideas for how this could work...

It would be like a game of Simon-says, and depending on which instrument your character is holding (or if they aren't holding one, they'd could sing with a mic if they had one) the sounds you have to follow would be different. For example, if your character is equipped with drums, then the user would have to listen to the drum beat (it would also have arrows on the screen, like DDR) and then mimic the beat on his own instrument.
As you gain levels, the beats get more difficult, but your progress is saved along the way. When you get to high levels, you'll have more beats to choose from in the "band" mode, where you drag the beats your members have learned onto one large "music sheet" and make a tune. With every level beat, you'll learn a new (more complicated) snip of tune you can use in band mode. If the levels get too high, you can always do the low levels over again to get more "skill points," but they won't give you as many. All the band members have access to the song-making page, and can save as many songs as they want. Then the band leader can organize a concert using the best ones.

You can charge admission to a "concert," where your fans can click a link on your band guild to go to a flash page that will subtract a little bit of G (for a new band, I'd say no more than 50G) and then they could watch the songs you have put together using the tunes and beats your members have learned. The more experienced bands will charge more, because their beats would (hopefully) be more interesting to listen to because they've spent a lot of time leveling up and should have a large selection of beats to choose from.

As Gaia grows, more instruments could be added, allowing for all kids of different music styles to be expressed. There could be keyboards for techno, trumpets for mambo, saxophones for jazz, different guitars for rock and country... the possibilities are endless. =D

...maybe we should start a petition for this?

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pie For All! 300
o.o That sounds like fun! That would be awesome, but judging by the replys to this thread I think there wouldn't be much support.
<center>Yes, very hilarious indeed. (I mean that in a good way)

Fashionable Genius

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I hope that'll really happen, to spice things up! That'd be really cool!
since we're all society misfits, crazy people and all kinds of freaks it is impossible to have a pop culture on gaia. but anyway, i dont think they'll do it, it's too risky. like they may appear performing but not all people here like rock, and moira has always said that.
I think it's a cool idea. And way more entertaining than fishing. wink
I made the petition. xd You guys wanna be the first to sign?

psycho_princess
since we're all society misfits, crazy people and all kinds of freaks it is impossible to have a pop culture on gaia. but anyway, i dont think they'll do it, it's too risky. like they may appear performing but not all people here like rock, and moira has always said that.

It wou;dn't have to be only rock. If you read my huge post up there, I explained how all kinds of music could be made.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff