Welcome to Gaia! ::

The year was 2005 and I was still a young Gaian nymph. It was Gaia's second annual anniversary but it was my first. Even as a fresh faced nub I was still smart enough to know there was only one place to be for the celebration, the Vonhelson sister mansion. All of Gaia was certain to be there and they were, including the eccentric, cigar smoking, Johnny K. Gambino and his whiny brat son.

What did this hairy ape of a man do to me you ask? Well at the ball he was handing out party favors, a little golden G pin to promote his name. The thing is he didn't hand one out to everyone. Despite being at the party longer than many of my friends he never offered me a single pin. At first I thought perhaps he accidentally hadn't brought enough, but then I saw some of my friends got not one but two or three G pins despite being there a far shorter time period than me.

Thankfully the Vonhelson sisters were there to hand out countless V pin halves to soften the blow, but that didn't erase the fact Johnny K. Gambino had snubbed me. When the party ended, I was left with no G pin and a bruised ego. Sure I could have gotten a hocked one off the vend, but that wouldn't have been the same. If Johnny K. Gambino was too high and mighty to share his tacky pin with me, there was no way I was going to go out and pay for one.

Since that day, every time I have seen a G pin or the monkey butt, Gambino, it has been a slap in my face. It is for this same reason I may or may not have sold a certain glove to a certain shrimp sized elf although I told him that glove was really meant for sexy bedroom time purposes…

So my fellow Gaians for better or worse how have Gaia events over the years managed to leave an indelible mark on your Gaian existence? (Feel free to talk about any events it doesn't just have to be the anniversary ones)

Edit- An anonymous benefactor gifted me a G pin...thank you... I think... Is this thing going to explode? I think I hear ticking... *eye twitch.* What am I suppose to do with this abomination?

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_gaiagold gaia_nitemareright

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Love the Anniversary Balls, still have my letter from Johnny from the first one and am hoping there will be one again this year, even though Gino may not be home to host it. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gambino and the Hellsing Sisters at their events although I never did trust those vampires.

Invisible Inquisitor

11,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
Gambino was always my favorite, I'm sad that he snubbed you.

He was attacking me with tickles, so I guess things got distracting
Rabid-Turtle

Love the Anniversary Balls, still have my letter from Johnny from the first one and am hoping there will be one again this year, even though Gino may not be home to host it. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gambino and the Hellsing Sisters at their events although I never did trust those vampires.
I wonder how many Gaians over the years developed PTSD when it comes to large buildings exploding/falling around them?

Rayinte
Gambino was always my favorite, I'm sad that he snubbed you.

He was attacking me with tickles, so I guess things got distracting
So it was your fault! emotion_donotwant

I will admit Gambino did know how to throw parties. We just don't get blow outs like that anymore.

Ian used to be my favorite but I'm not even sure now a days. So many of the old characters have gotten pushed to the sides.

---

On another note, nu whoever gifted me a G pin! What am I suppose to do with this!?!?!? It is the mark of my arch rival! emotion_donotwant
Lol ty whoever you are. rofl

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Maybe Gambino will come back finally for the 10th anniversary.

Probably not, it would make me too happy.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Reminds me of that time when Diedrich had that art thread and people drew art of him in hopes of pleasing his highness and receiving a blessing of risky angels in return.

tons of people were pissed off when all they got was a tip. XD

whenever people do giveaways in cb and only a few people get X for their stay, the people who get nothing will always end up feeling annoyed. it's best to just stay away from those sorts of contests, and only post/do things/stay if you just want to have fun. a healthy dose of pessimism is good to carry around!

when i was a newb starting out on gaia and hung around those types of threads i slowly grew to expect nothing in return and to only hang around if i enjoyed it.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I dont think anything like that ever happened to me xD;;

All can think is "ahhh krissim has been here less time than me and shes way richer how did she do that maybe i should stop buying gambling items and invest like i used to oh well carpe diem"

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

I can't complete the village greens quest chain since SOMEBODY won't talk to me! *coughLeoncough*

Questionable Mage

I still miss the dual blade belt, even though it probably wasn't that great. Forbidden fruit. crying Curse you, art thieves.

I would say the same of the BOO skin, but at this point I don't think I would use it even if Gaia re-released it...and it would take away the accomplishment of those few who have worn it the entire time since.

Fluffy Treat

i don't take stuff on here seriously enough to have anything ruined by anyone. Especially not random events involving characters i pay no attention to.
Lazarus Larkin
Maybe Gambino will come back finally for the 10th anniversary.

Probably not, it would make me too happy.
Seems like they killed him off for good this time. To be honest I always sort of associated him as being more of VO's baby so once VO left it Gambino always felt a bit off to me.

Existential Existence
Reminds me of that time when Diedrich had that art thread and people drew art of him in hopes of pleasing his highness and receiving a blessing of risky angels in return.

tons of people were pissed off when all they got was a tip. XD

Hehehe I had fun with that but I got the item so that helped. I'm not sure that event won Diedrich any more fans from those that were already grumbling about him. I sort of wish Gaia had more mini fun event things, not necessarily art based ones. It livens the GCD up.

Hi-Potion
I dont think anything like that ever happened to me xD;;

All can think is "ahhh krissim has been here less time than me and shes way richer how did she do that maybe i should stop buying gambling items and invest like i used to oh well carpe diem"
Lol yep I am only a newbie nub that joined mid 04. emo

Kez Mani

I can't complete the village greens quest chain since SOMEBODY won't talk to me! *coughLeoncough*
Oh man do those quest chain glitches still exist? Leon has never been the brightest lightbulb of the bunch. If he wasn't such a good meat-shield I doubt he would have made it as a guard.

Erinnerung
I still miss the dual blade belt, even though it probably wasn't that great. Forbidden fruit. crying Curse you, art thieves.

I would say the same of the BOO skin, but at this point I don't think I would use it even if Gaia re-released it...and it would take away the accomplishment of those few who have worn it the entire time since.
I really liked the dual blade belt. The Boo skin fiasco was facepalm worthy. They should have just given the winning teams skin items while the loser team should have gotten an actual skin. Then they could have changed items but if they ever used another skin potion they would loose the Boo skin for good. Players of that team could then still enjoy the skin while still having restrictions. That would have been a nicer balance than flat out removing it. I really loved the eyes and have it saved on a mule, but it isn't the same when you can't play around with it.

Creamy Filling
i don't take stuff on here seriously enough to have anything ruined by anyone. Especially not random events involving characters i pay no attention to.
Swing and a miss. I fear the lighthearted nature of this thread was lost. It also doesn't have to be a negative effect though if you just don't care for Gaia events, characters, and all that jazz I imagine the GCD is a rather boring place for you most of the time.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Krissim Klaw

Kez Mani

Oh man do those quest chain glitches still exist? Leon has never been the brightest lightbulb of the bunch. If he wasn't such a good meat-shield I doubt he would have made it as a guard.

It was either him or that lady guard. Elizabeth, I think her name was.

Questionable Mage

Krissim Klaw

I really liked the dual blade belt. The Boo skin fiasco was facepalm worthy. They should have just given the winning teams skin items while the loser team should have gotten an actual skin. Then they could have changed items but if they ever used another skin potion they would loose the Boo skin for good. Players of that team could then still enjoy the skin while still having restrictions. That would have been a nicer balance than flat out removing it. I really loved the eyes and have it saved on a mule, but it isn't the same when you can't play around with it.

Hmm, I can see that. The skin would eventually become uncommon but not the fossilized rarity it is now.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
Add me to the list of people who miss the Boo skin... I loved the eyes, but couldn't deal with never changing my avatar again. gonk

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hee. Gambino was a douche.

E-Corp is kind of awesome. I like how a user-made organization gets to be involved in the easter plot....but we've had to share our time with Diedrich. I HAAAAAATE THAT.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff