Welcome to Gaia! ::

Valiant Jackling

Have you ever looked at an item, thought it was stupid and passed it up, only to find yourself in love with it later?

At the current moment, I'm feeling that way about "Blazing Preacher." The first time I saw it I thought it was ridiculous - how could it possibly be used to make something I'd like? Then, for some reason, I decided to amuse myself trying to make a human torch... and wound up making this demonic avatar instead.

User Image

"Hazy Ember" was another item I originally disliked. I love teal, but when this item first came out I thought it was ugly as sin. Yet, just a few weeks ago, while toying with a Mardi Gras theme, I found a lovable use for it:

User Image

"Nurse Reakiro" is a third example. I can't say I hated the item, but I wasn't interested in it either. I never use speech bubbles and I scarcely ever use full body coats and suit-jammies, yet when I discovered I could make a cosplay for one of my all time favorite video game characters (Seed from Suikoden II), I HAD to have it.

User ImageUser Image

'course, he'd look like the second image if I used a gender bender potion, which is closer to what he is (minus the super pale skin I didn't change on tektek. Lol).

So, what about you? Any similar experiences. Feel free to share images (nor not) if you want!

Man-Hungry Bear

I really didnt like the new Schoolboy Style MC

but then I got one and fell in love with it.

Fairy

~A ripple on the water...

Surprisingly I have no such experiences. I even went to check my inventory, but nope.
Heh

...A tinkling on the wind~

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Tsunami KO Wig User Image

It wasn't so much that I hated it or anything but I kinda...overlooked it at first. But recently I've really grown to love it.

I want that in sooo many colors right now. Particularly dark orange, orange, brown, light brown, white, navy blue and whatever other color's it may come in.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Actually, I had that happen with Object of Affection and Baby, Oni-ly You. I thought they were stupid when they came out and didn't want anything to do with them. Then at the end of their time in the shop, I ended up seeing so many cool avatars using the Object tv head that I wanted them for myself. But by the time I made that decision, they left the shop. So I scrounged up enough gold to buy them both from the MP and I actually haven't let up on using the Object head since except for a couple days where I was honoring Robin Williams with a mourning avatar.

Still haven't worn the Oni yet. xD

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Friendly Lunatic

Sleepy Village and Evertree Embrace. At first I couldn't imagine ever using Sleepy Village, free grant or not, but the face mod works fantastic with a lot of makeup, especially ones that add a mouth. Likewise, Evertree Embrace seemed like a regular background item, but the first pose with the grass overlay in front is fantastic for covering up your avatar's feet, layering on top of other outdoor backgrounds, and for just generally adding a bit of depth to your avi.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
all i have to say is...
this avi = this thread...

but i love this avi so much.. and now appreciate all these items... however individually i hate them... xD

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Doe-Eyed Darling.
"Ugh, the waist on that dress is WAY too high oh my god I tried it on and it looks cute. Dammit where did all my money go? I spent it on a doe-eyed darling? Oh. Well s**t."

King Noob

- - -
Wings. Any wings whatsoever.
I don't like the idea and the look of alot of wings does nothing for me.

But then I got some Gabriel wings and I never felt more ********' fancy...
- - -

A Snack

instafame!
I didn't like it at all when it first came out
but then I started seeing more and more people
using it, and so I made a super adorable avatar with it,
and suddenly wanted one superbad.

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
oregonians
I really didnt like the new Schoolboy Style MC

but then I got one and fell in love with it.

what annoys me with it is that the wig doesn't have eyebrows.
um.
probably any of the sketchbooks, they were too generic & boring for me but theeeen i got one & i use it in a lot of avis.

Indomitable Bro

garage band made pants even cooler for me. c:
i was also 'meh' about counterfeit when it first came out, but the leg mod on it is quite useful.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

masquerade. i thought it was as ugly as fck. but i think it was mostly due to the fact i couldn't properly explore the entire item beyond the two weird a** faces. it's much more useful and fun to use than i thought
Maybe that "Pawsitive" item.
I didnt think I needed it til I found that it fit SOOO perfectly with one of my favorite eyes emotion_drool

Also Battina lol
When it came out, I really didn't want it specially like "OMG PLS GIMME DAT RYT NAO"
but whenever I made new avis, I end up using a pose from it - every time.
So here I am questing it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces