Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

gaia_spoons Have you ever had to sell an item you loved for any reason? Did you ever try to get them back?
-Sainte Ciel: Agape.
It wasn't even the first gen, it was the second.
I sold it because greedy me.
Sold it for 120mil, which not so long ago were a lot, then it started to inflate to s**t, and I regretted it so much.

Eventually I sold a lot of my items to get it back, for 17bil.
Best decision ever made. I didn't get the 2nd gen, but the 3rd.
It's the same s**t so we cool.

gaia_spoons If there was any item you could have right now, what would it be?
-Ah... well I don't know.
I don't really have an item I really want anymore.

gaia_spoons Do you hoard items, or do you tend to sell/give away fairly easily?
-I don't hoard items. My inventory's barely half a page.
I used to sell items constantly, when s**t was cheap.
However I've kept one group of items in my inventory for the longest time.

gaia_spoons Would you rather have one extremely expensive item, or plenty cheaper ones? Why?
-Depends on the item.
All of my expensive items are items I can use multiple times. Otherwise I wouldn't be spending so much gold on them. Having cheaper items used to be more like, temporary.
I'd buy a bunch of cheap items and then complete them with that one expensive item to make the avatar unique, but now I don't really give a s**t.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Cresceres
Snow Danger
my second bunny march emo

"I don't need two" I said. "I could get so many other things I want." I said.

I did get a lot of other items with the gold that I love and use often but I can't justify the cost of buying the second one back crying man I miss it though :C

The item I'd really like right now is still hypothetical (Mr. Bunny March emotion_kirakira ) I also really really really want male and female elephant marches emotion_8c come on gaia

come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

this was me but then i ended up buying back my bunny march much cheaper when deflation sort of hit rofl

UGH I REMEMBER and I was like nahhhhh I'll waiiiit it'll probably go down moreeeee

coincidentally this is also how I missed on a pale marionette restrung for 100bil emotion_facepalm

now I shell more money than I want to for items because I learned my lesson emotion_awesome nothing I like will ever go down in price. Ever. so buy it now you idiot emotion_donotwant

Magical Bunny

Snow Danger
Cresceres
Snow Danger
my second bunny march emo

"I don't need two" I said. "I could get so many other things I want." I said.

I did get a lot of other items with the gold that I love and use often but I can't justify the cost of buying the second one back crying man I miss it though :C

The item I'd really like right now is still hypothetical (Mr. Bunny March emotion_kirakira ) I also really really really want male and female elephant marches emotion_8c come on gaia

come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

this was me but then i ended up buying back my bunny march much cheaper when deflation sort of hit rofl

UGH I REMEMBER and I was like nahhhhh I'll waiiiit it'll probably go down moreeeee

coincidentally this is also how I missed on a pale marionette restrung for 100bil emotion_facepalm

now I shell more money than I want to for items because I learned my lesson emotion_awesome nothing I like will ever go down in price. Ever. so buy it now you idiot emotion_donotwant

until you buy it

then it'll tank like a goddamn rock. looking at YOU mademoiselle noire. and don't even talk to me about grim baroness. nope.

OH BUT IF YOU SELL IT
IT'LL SKYROCKET

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
first gen agape back in the day, sold it for 700k and thought i was making smart bank emo

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
I really regret selling my Braided Fawn. It was getting hard to make money, though, and I saw for some reason it had shot through the roof on pricing (like 300b or something ridiculous), so I thought it was a good opportunity to get more money than I ever had. Ended up looking for someone wanting to buy it, and I thought, cool, her 100b offer is okay, and the person kept talking me down and said she'd only give me 75b and I took it because she kept saying how much she wanted it and I couldn't say no even though I still wish I did... Oh well, I guess I made someone happy, but I miss it. I've been really hoping it would go down after seeing it in Rococo, so here's still to hoping.

I usually hoard everything since I hate selling. I'll PM people from the wanted forums or if I see someone questing and try to cut a deal with them rather than letting someone snatch it up to resell. At least I feel a bit better if I helped someone that needs it rather than someone that really doesn't. I often wish I had help, so I guess it's a treat others how you want to be treated sort of thing. I try to gift if it's something I don't mind losing the value on, either, like if it was an old RIG drop or something.

On that note, I prefer lots of pretty cheap items. Expensive is okay if I can get it, but I'd rather have a lot to play with. I joined originally to dress up my avatar, and I want to be able to dress up my avatar in all sorts of ways! I tend to keep everything instead of selling it except when I'm getting desperate for money and can't afford cash, so at least I have a huge inventory.

Any item I could have right now, though? I just wish some of the more recent cash items would get a little cheaper and more of them bought and put on the market. I'll buy stuff, I just need it to actually be available! It's like a dream to finish my wishlist since I'm sure I could do it if things would just be there.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think I earned my own Mochi the Puppy once. I gave it away before I went on a long hiatus. I was very sad when I came back and remembered I didn't have him anymore. Needless to say he was one of my first purchases after my hiatus.

If I could have any item right now, It would definitely be Teddy March, love that item so much.

I do hoard some items. I vend so I invest in some items to resell when their value goes up.

I've usually been pretty happy with plenty of cheap items as opposed to one expensive item. I couldn't stick with one super awesome item anyway. I like to change my avatar, so I like my choices and variety of items..

O.G. GO

8,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Have you ever had to sell an item you loved for any reason? Did you ever try to get them back?
HMMM, LET ME THINK.
- Ancient Katana
- White Body Dye
- Nano-C
- Shadowlegend

All of them were to afford things from RIGs that I liked, and I stood opposed to RIGs because they kept really good stuff locked behind dumb luck. I had to brute-force my way to get stuff I liked.

If there was any item you could have right now, what would it be?
Something with the Agape cut. It's too useful for how rare and expensive it is.

Do you hoard items, or do you tend to sell/give away fairly easily?
I hoard stuff I like and care very little for their actual value, so long as they're versatile and nice.

Would you rather have one extremely expensive item, or plenty cheaper ones? Why?
Plenty of cheaper ones. An item's value is horribly unstable thanks to this god-forsaken economy, so I just want nice things that I like, no matter the value... though the horrid inflation does keep me from getting a lot of stuff I like.

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
It's sitting on my head at the moment.
I loved Titus and many of the other rare RIG pets to death, but I never bought GC back in the day, and well, wouldn't likely win even if I did.
I got him back when he was like...16 mil? or something. Not super long before inflation began, but long enough to seem like forever ago. And was a big deal to get and all that. And never really seemed to wear him, and thought he was too pixelated compared to the rest of my stuff.
So I wanted to sell him, eventually taking an offer for some items that didn't really total his worth, but were good enough either for personal use or eventual resell that I couldn't complain.

But I found out the other day I could afford him.
And I don't see any problems at all.
And just.
Why did I do that?

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

At the moment, my biggest regret from selling something was Trick or Treat Tote. If I had known that they were going to become super freaking rare because of people using them for Candy Corn Horns in Alchemy, I would have kept mine and sold something else last November to get Ports. Or at least bought it back fairly quickly. crying Now I'm scrambling to pick up a Witchy so I can make an alchemized version of the Tote for Halloween next month. But greedy people have been listing it at like 90x it's worth. I just want a ******** Tote, why do you people have to be assholes? gonk

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Enduring Hunter

gaia_spoons Have you ever had to sell an item you loved for any reason? Did you ever try to get them back?
I'm the dumbass who sold her Agape right before it finished evolving for quick cash, imagine my horror when that the scissor pose was released. I don't necessarily want it back, and I can just get the scissor pose now if I want. I know I can afford the scissors, just don't want them.

gaia_spoons If there was any item you could have right now, what would it be?
Sapphire Ticket.

gaia_spoons Do you hoard items, or do you tend to sell/give away fairly easily?
I sell everything I'm not using, what you see on my avatar is what I own.

gaia_spoons Would you rather have one extremely expensive item, or plenty cheaper ones? Why?
meh, I'm not sure what constitutes cheap anymore, if the items I'm wearing now are cheap, then plenty of cheap.

Fuzzy Bear

none. i dont regret selling my halo, i dont regret selling my rainbow ticket. true, i made bank off of both and am far better off now without them but wouldnt regret selling the halo even if i didnt come out in front.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I did several times before inflation. But not anymore. I actually dont sell anything anymore unless I have doubles of that item.

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Have you ever had to sell an item you loved for any reason? Did you ever try to get them back?

Long ago I sold my Homeroom. I can't remember the reason why. I love that background with the bookcases! I did eventually get it back last month for 3 bil. But, yeah wished I had never sold it in the first place. emotion_facepalm

I also kind of regret selling my Skittles Crazy Cores Earrings long ago. Can't remember why I sold them. It would be nice to have them again, they're adorable. But, there hasn't been any listings in a while. sweatdrop

If there was any item you could have right now, what would it be?

Mr.Shark March emotion_kirakira

Do you hoard items, or do you tend to sell/give away fairly easily?

I now tend to keep items, for fear that I might need them again one day. Others I would never sell in a billion years. emotion_donotwant

Would you rather have one extremely expensive item, or plenty cheaper ones? Why?

It depends on the item. If it's really expensive I make sure to see if I would use it often, and not only use it once and have it sit for ages in my inventory. If that's the case then I would go for a bunch of cheaper items.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
emi desu
first gen agape back in the day, sold it for 700k and thought i was making smart bank emo

according to a lot of people on this thread, you aren't alone xD

i remember when agape was such a big deal and they were EVERYWHERE, but now they're practically nowhere. it'd be nice for a rerelease sometime, huh? i'd love to get one sometime, without hopefully giving an arm and a leg.

Antagonistic Regular

I regret selling my halo cry If I would have just waited until the Gold Cap was raised. But atleast someone is happy with it, who ever you are smile

I hang on to a lot of things recently, of course, like anyone else, fear of it dropping in price or raising in price if we sell it before it does.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff