Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
There's tons of items in reference of games, anime, series, movies, tv... ect., but sometimes you may not know of certain items that may have been popular, but not many people knew where the idea for that item came from. I recently discover that Chime Mystique is a reference to the NEW "Atelier" series game, Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea, to be more precise, since the game have two protagonists(like Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky), is a reference to Shallistera.
Here's a picture of Her:
User Image

The description of the items says:
"When the bell chimes, it chimes for thee."
That is because Shallistera in the game uses a bell as her weapon and in her Special Finisher, she destroy the monster by making the bell chime.
Here's a video:

The point of me doing this thread is because I didn't knew that there was an artist fan of the "Atelier" series and if so... PLEASE!!! Do an Sterk or Logy reference item or at least do an item including bag packs, weapons or clothing of "Atelier" series. emotion_kirakira

~Discussion:
- Did you knew about this?
- Do you like the item much more, now that you know the idea behind it?
- Do you know items that people may not know the reference?
- I mean, no wonder the artist decide to do an item in reference to that character... the art looks AMAZING... ?
- Let's pray...?! for Gaia to keep doing reference like this one?
- Do you know the artist?

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

Hello!

I knew about the reference. C:
Since I'm a big fan of the Atelier series, I'm delighted to be able to see references to it, and have the item in question. xD

I am also aware that there are other Atelier-inspired items in Gaia too, but I agree that there could be more~

Sadly, I don't know the artist of the item. I can only hope that it's the same artist who did the Workshop and Herbalist item series.

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Asashikka
Hello!

Since I'm a big fan of the Atelier series, I'm delighted to be able to see references to it, and have the item in question. xD

I am also aware that there are other Atelier-inspired items in Gaia too, but I agree that there could be more~

Sadly, I don't know the artist of the item. I can only hope that it's the same artist who did the Workshop and Herbalist item series.

"Yay!" I knew I was not alone. lol
The eyes in this item looks AMAZING.
I would like Logy's belt with bag include and sword or Sterk's cloat and sword. I will be truly happy with that.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

On Black Paper
Asashikka
Hello!

I would like Logy's belt with bag include and sword or Sterk's cloat and sword. I will be truly happy with that.

I find myself liking the hair the most along with the dress parts. xD I only have two Chimes so I have to make the best of it, ahaha.

ooh Sterk items would be very nice~ Logy's too!

Actually, it would be great if there were new Atelier-inspired items based on the male characters of the series. I find it very easy to derive inspiration from female characters such as Linca or Wilbell. Either way, I welcome any new Atelier items since Atelier has a rich history and variety. xD

Festive Hunter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I didn't know this but it's a pretty good reference honestly w/o even looking at the item or knowing the game series I thought it would have been an Assassin's Creed Reference w/ Altair

Generous Bunny

21,975 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ATELIER!!!!!! I recently finished watching the TV series for Escha =D Hope that A16 comes out ^_^

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
the Herbalist items are referencing something from that series too

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Asashikka
On Black Paper
Asashikka
Hello!

I find myself liking the hair the most along with the dress parts. xD I only have two Chimes so I have to make the best of it, ahaha.

Actually, it would be great if there were new Atelier-inspired items based on the male characters of the series. I find it very easy to derive inspiration from female characters such as Linca or Wilbell. Either way, I welcome any new Atelier items since Atelier has a rich history and variety. xD

I mean...
look at that belt and sword...
User Image
and look at that Sterk BadAssery.
User Image
I WANT!

Trundlebug's Wife

Tiny Fatcat

It may be also that that line is a reference to a Donne prosaic fragment that gets quoted a lot, "For Whom the Bell Tolls (No Man is an Island)":
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

*shrug* <:)

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Astrum Aura
It may be also that that line is a reference to a Donne prosaic fragment that gets quoted a lot, "For Whom the Bell Tolls (No Man is an Island)":
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

Let's say... there's too much reference and ways to say Atelier Shallistera. I mean, it makes TOO MUCH SENSE for it, to not be true. Honestly.

Trundlebug's Wife

Tiny Fatcat

On Black Paper
Astrum Aura

Let's say... there's too much reference and ways to say Atelier Shallistera. I mean, it makes TOO MUCH SENSE for it, to not be true. Honestly.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying the item itself isn't inspired by Shallistera, just that the line draws from a different source. :)

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

Hi-Potion
the Herbalist items are referencing something from that series too

Yes~ it references Ayesha Altugle from Atelier Ayesha. yum_puddi It's too bad Gaia won't try to make a recolor that reference some of the greens from her outfit though...

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

On Black Paper
Asashikka
On Black Paper
Asashikka
Hello!

I mean...
User Image
User Image
I WANT!

I think having Gaia referencing earlier Sterk designs would be neat too. C:

And for Logy.. I'd also like to see Logy's jacket made into a item. *v*

.. though admittedly I've only played Meruru of the Arland trilogy and therefore only saw his previous designs in artbooks (thank goodness UDON licensed two of the Atelier artbooks years ago~~~) and screencaps. I don't make it a habit to watch gameplay videos since I intend to play the games eventually. xD

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Asashikka
On Black Paper
Asashikka
On Black Paper
Asashikka
Hello!

I mean...
User Image
User Image
I WANT!

I think having Gaia referencing earlier Sterk designs would be neat too. C:

And for Logy.. I'd also like to see Logy's jacket made into a item. *v*

.. though admittedly I've only played Meruru of the Arland trilogy and therefore only saw his previous designs in artbooks (thank goodness UDON licensed two of the Atelier artbooks years ago~~~) and screencaps. I don't make it a habit to watch gameplay videos since I intend to play the games eventually. xD

I have play Totori, Meruru, Ayesha, Escha and Logy and I want to play Shallie(Hopefully tecmo Koei gets it!). I'm thinking on buying Atelier Rorona Plus, since it is WAY BETTER than its original version.
Yeah! Totori's Sterk coat looks SICK and Rorona's Sterk cape looks very elegant/fantasy-like, which I like, but for me, Meruru's Sterk Coat and Metal Arm looks AMAZING. When Escha and Logy made it here(NA), I try cosplay Logy, but his coat was a problem and the belt too. sweatdrop
I would like a Shallotte item, including her hair and hoodie with a not so girly outfit, rather a more boy-ish one with the same color. I like her color scene, very much... and also a King of the Beast Companion! That would be sooo sick! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff