Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Trickster

you know, this makes me want to experiment by rocking gold shop stuff and walk all over Gaia xD

Sarcastic Prophet

Gotcha. Well, there are tons of discussion-based ones, too, and community-based ones. Most of my friend-making is confined to Guilds for a myriad of reasons; just thought I'd' make the suggestion. emotion_bigheart

I killed your OTP
I haven't really found one so far where I felt comfortable in.
I'm not really into rp anymore

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Bowie-Spawan
No matter where you go, be it irl or the internet, there will always be people who ignore or look down on you for whatever arbitrary reason.

It's a matter of frequenting the right places, with people who are on the same wavelength as you. And most importantly: don't go in expecting to be recognized and replied to all the time. The majority of people won't ignore you on purpose, a lot of people are just post-and-run type of users who'll drop their 2 cents without bothering to read any of the other replies.
When you don't get replied to it's not some calculated slight from everyone else. Sometimes there just isn't anything to say in reply.

Pretty much all of this.
In my experience, good places to go are the event 'Mysterious Anon gifting' threads, because everyone talks to everyone and it's easy to butt into a conversation and no one will get mad at you for it. Hostility is surprisingly low... You'd think it wouldn't be, but it somehow IS, and I just... I'm floored, truly.

Aged Noob

16,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I understand. It's always been that way for me though. I'm not a regular to any forums and i don't fit in anywhere, no one knows me, and i can't dress myself to save my life, if that matters, so i get ignored most of the time when i try to talk or be friendly.
Its been that way always for me too. But I'm noticing, this isnt just an online problem, this is a problem in real life. This society, and generation of people, are soooo not committed to having real genuine close friendships. Its almost like there was so much abuse from family, or things that have happened in real life, that people are now afraid to take a risk, and let someone in. Because the closer you get to somoene the more they can hurt you, thats how it feels in society these days. The ones who are popular are popular because they are politically correct or some how have a magic popular gene I don't get it. -_-; I've been working to resolve this, and spark more genuine real conversations with people, online and off.

My opinion? Its the over use of technology, people struggle with depression more than we think, and because of this, they use technology or social media to do mind numbing activities that help them forget about what their life actually is, and what it could be. There is so much more here, but I think if we are a community based around loving each other EVEN if you disagree. because there is a way to disagree with someone and not troll them, not be a rude disrespectful a**, I think if everyone changed their attitudes and lost their since of pride in knowing that they are right, I think it would take our society a long way. But Honestly, I really think what you are seeing is a result of this impacting an online community.

I don't think gaia's cash only stuff has helped. I think it has made things worse as far as letting greed take over, people have forgotton why gaia was origionally formed to make friends, have fun on forums, playing games with someone. Now its all about , who has the best avi, like what you were saying. Which there is a part of that. But, unfortunately it shouldnt be the only focus, and now it has become that. I dont really know what to suggest to gaia in order to help with this issue..... Maybe more rules? but that just makes ppl mad, I really think the solution, is to raise the gold amount given in forums and on games, to match whatever is going on with the inflation. Otherwise you will have unhappy gaians. I think there is still a value to having a special rare item that costs money, but I also think those should not be the ONLY good items gaia released. I am so excited about the new gold shop that you have to log in every day to get into. I think that is a step in the right direction. We'll see what happens!

Your thoughts? I in no way meant any offence by any of this. I'm just being real, and opening up discussion to something I have been observing online and off and I genuinely feel it has created this problem you mentioned. =)

Generous Otaku

8,625 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
Sileaf
LadyOfLothlorian2013

wow someone actually responded...
I appreciate that.

where was I hanging out? anywhere and everywhere on gaia really. :c
idk about people anymore. so unfriendly. but it's nice to meet you all the same as you seem to be friendly enough...

site's just not fun anymore. razz

I try to reply to post that caught my attention C:
It's nice being responded, even a tip is nice.
Someone's actually reading post and liked it ^^

That's quite strange, since the places I go is quite friendly enough
some rude and people I rather avoid here and there, but overall, it's pretty nice.

/gives you pat on the back
have positive outlook, if you think negative, then all you see is negative
maybe you can try go to places inside Gaia that you have never been before
you might find something C:
its not about being negative or being positive. just fed up with crappy users and the way the site is going.

Generous Otaku

8,625 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
I killed your OTP
LadyOfLothlorian2013
I feel ya.... I gave up on making friends on gaia a LONG time ago. some of my best friends were on this site. "were". and whenever I tried to participate in forums I got trolled. and I too would get ignored. ive been using gaia since 2006 too. and NOW the way the site is and the people I am ready to quit altogether. no point in being on a social site and not able to be social. the marketplace is awful now. everything that's on my wish list has shot up over a mil now. wtf gaia.

anyway, a little vent there. ^_^;
I totally see where ur coming from.

Yes, I get constantly trolled too and it's ******** frustrating.
To a point where I'm not sure anymore whether someone's being serious or not.

It is nice that some ppl actually do understand and don't shrug me off as someone that's just attention whoring, because that's not it. I'm just very frustrated and lonely here

exactly.

Fluffy Trickster

LadyOfLothlorian2013
its not about being negative or being positive. just fed up with crappy users and the way the site is going.

I don't like where the site is going either
and the unhappiness from many Gaian is seeping out to make people bitter
but well, it's also not good to let it get on you

though I am kind of curious about what you said,
so I went to explore in almost gold shop outfit emotion_dowant

Generous Otaku

8,625 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
Nayule
User Image
I think you and the OP need to think positive. Many places not only on the internet, but rl, have rude to deal with people. But there are always many other good-hearted people. I know you can find some, sweetie. Don't give up. ^___^

You're very welcome, sweetie. emotion_bigheart
User Image

LadyOfLothlorian2013

i am a positive person. but when I see so much hatred and immaturity it drags ya down. so its not worth it. im sure there are good users. but ive been playing since 2006. I think ive had my fill really. the only reason I haven't left yet is because I had put so much money into this character. hate to let that all go to waste. so I check back time to time. but its still boring. especially now since the marketplace has skyrocketed. I mean whats up with that?

Generous Otaku

8,625 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
Sileaf
LadyOfLothlorian2013

I don't like where the site is going either
and the unhappiness from many Gaian is seeping out to make people bitter

though I am kind of curious about what you said,
so I went to explore in almost gold shop outfit emotion_dowant

exactly.

what did I say? O.o; wat u mean? now im curious lol

Fluffy Trickster

LadyOfLothlorian2013

exactly.

about people being not-nice and such
so I went around in this outfit just to see how people will respond
this is kind of fun in a way

also the OP's mention about people looking down on gold shop outfit

I probably doesn't have much experience about such thing
my newbie day is holing up in barton town ninja

Greedy Vampire

13,525 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
yes it really does matter what thread you go to !! i look for people to talk with and they come and go but almost everyday im adding friends !! its just a matter of talking !!

Generous Otaku

8,625 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
Sileaf
LadyOfLothlorian2013

exactly.

about people being not-nice and such
so I went around in this outfit just to see how people will respond
this is kind of fun in a way

also the OP's mention about people looking down on gold shop outfit

I probably doesn't have much experience about such thing
my newbie day is holing up in barton town ninja
ah kk

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
You've got a point. Gaia is seriously cliquey now.

Fluffy Trickster

LadyOfLothlorian2013
ah kk

though so far, I haven't find anything interesting
aside being advised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items