Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Iron Magus
Janine Melnitz
I had debated on the usage of the term. Lol

"Busiest." You could always have gone with "busiest." xp

So, why IS it, though? Is there some kind of supernatural conflusion that turboboosts the ectoplasmic arrhythmia? Or is that just the day that ghosts like to party? User Image
. Been meaning to conduct some research on that, but then, I remember my job description and decide to do my nails instead.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Janine Melnitz
The Iron Magus
Janine Melnitz
I had debated on the usage of the term. Lol

"Busiest." You could always have gone with "busiest." xp

So, why IS it, though? Is there some kind of supernatural conflusion that turboboosts the ectoplasmic arrhythmia? Or is that just the day that ghosts like to party? User Image
. Been meaning to conduct some research on that, but then, I remember my job description and decide to do my nails instead.

Fair enough.

You could probably still come in costume, though. You honestly think your employers would care? emotion_awesome

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
I always just dress in orange and black. Or something spooky.

Maybe because that's the only time I feel I can. the other times I can be a robot or space pirate or dragon I can wear that all the time on gaia and no one would blink.

Feline Lunatic

52,790 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
The Iron Magus

Kyr is based off an RP Character that I RP somewhere else. She is based off a Race that I created years ago, called the Lyr. Lyr are Anthros....so her base coloring is between a dark white to dark grey usually and she is a Jaguar Anthro, with purple hair and eyes and she has wings.

As to fitting into Gaia Canon, I never paid much attention to that, though she is a traveler.

She normally dresses as she likes, from casual clothes, to school girl to what she is wearing now, etc. Though I RP her as a Warrior Mage in the place I RP her at.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Every day is silly costume day.

Spoopy Loiterer

I've been kickin' it with a male avatar for the past couple weeks for an impulse Ludger Kresnik cosplay, but I rarely deviate from my base otherwise. My avatar is pretty much always ghostly, some kind of ghostly bat, or generally just dark clothed with my base items--the white skin, scar, gaping eyehole, etc.

For the most part, though, I have my avatar base wear anything and everything. I've pulled of pastels and rainbows while making my avatar still feel like it's within the aesthetics that suit her. A ghost can where whatever it wants, really. xD A costume for my avatar would probably have to be sunshine yellow and not have skulls on it in any shape or form to really feel abnormal at this point.

Nerd

The Iron Magus

B I B A X T
Usually to me it depends on the time of year. When it gets closer to Halloween if I see a cosplay or avatar with a theme I assume it's a costume. During any other time of year I just figure that's how they like to dress.
I usually dress my avatar in a horror theme or in the Halloween colors this year I have no idea what I want to do but I do have a skin I'd like to use and I can start there I 'spose.

Which skin?

From the Easter 2k10 gambino egg
I'm thinking something creepy still deciding an overall theme though

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
B I B A X T
The Iron Magus

B I B A X T
Usually to me it depends on the time of year. When it gets closer to Halloween if I see a cosplay or avatar with a theme I assume it's a costume. During any other time of year I just figure that's how they like to dress.
I usually dress my avatar in a horror theme or in the Halloween colors this year I have no idea what I want to do but I do have a skin I'd like to use and I can start there I 'spose.

Which skin?

From the Easter 2k10 gambino egg
I'm thinking something creepy still deciding an overall theme though
Yus. Love that skin. Very appropriate. 3nodding

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Most of my outfits are either dark, gothic, elegant, or demonic related. They are all related to my original characters. I rarely, if ever, dress up in something random without my base. I might enter a Halloween avi contest, but otherwise I stick to my base. ^_^;

My outfits are usually fantastical and costumey, so they wouldn't be very real world outfits. My characters are not human so... yeah.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I'm usually dressed in something Japanese- or Indian-influenced (I have almost all the kimono--I have to alchemize the others--and all the sari). And these are my "normal" clothes.

I only consider it a costume if I'm going for some kind of cosplay, otherwise it's because I felt like it. (And it will be a costume since I won't change gender, skin tone, eyes, or hair color.) For example, I'm currently dressed as one of the Shinsengumi (a special police force organized by Japan's military government that existed from 1864 to 1869) because I felt like it. Not quite satisfied with it, but it's not like there's much I could add or change....

My avatar is based on Urd from Oh My Goddess! She's a Norn with the added twists of being half-goddess/half-demon and living in a Japanese Buddhist temple. In the Japanese manga, she's a clotheshorse. Sadly, even with Gaia's wide inventory, I still can't replicate a tenth of her outfits.

As for the idea of costume versus outfit matters on Gaia, I think it does matter. For some, the outfit is part of a persona that they've built up. For others, it may be just something they want to try, just the look, not the character behind it.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I tried to think about this but I got all confused-like. SO META.

What I can contribute is that Gaia makes everyday Halloween, so I don't dress up for the actual holiday on here.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Both of my avatars (this one and his wife - my main) are Dark Elf Faeries. They can morph into whatever form they choose but purrfuurrrr to morph into cats for very many reasons if they are not morphing into other Fae-forms. On some rarrrre occasion they might morph into dragons. They can even ghostify and even 'spiritize' themselves if they choose.

Everyday is a Holiday here on Gaia.

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
I never used to have a 'set' avatar.
Apathy and lack of interesting new items means I'm basically a troll 24/7 now.
emotion_dowant

anything else feels like a costume to me.

Stellar Succubus

Demonic succubus style is my normal.

If I'm not like that, it's a cosplay/costume. I'm dressing up. Like right now. This is VVhip, in costume.

She's a succubus though, so shapeshifting is pretty easy. That's how she can have different eyes/mouth/hair/skin ^_^

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
VVhip
Demonic succubus style is my normal.

If I'm not like that, it's a cosplay/costume. I'm dressing up. Like right now. This is VVhip, in costume.

She's a succubus though, so shapeshifting is pretty easy. That's how she can have different eyes/mouth/hair/skin ^_^

That having been said (quite literally mind you) you are right now reminding me of a version of a Will-O-the-Wisp. Very dangerous creatures to men.

To add to my own:
Lord Elwrind
sniped for simplicity

When I was growing up, it used to be witches most of the time. A few times it was a gypsy and a couple of times (at a time I was recovering from heart problems and a resulting surgery relating to it and thus had to stay home) it was a ghost. I could dress up as a ghost and sit in front of the door and wait for some trick-or-treaters so I could hand out candy.
Even having grown up, my favorite thing to dress up as is a witch (I had an obsession with a certain part of American History for so many years and then found out why while I was in my 30's). Still love to.
I don't dress up any more but still wear black these days. Kids don't come to our house because of dangerous traffic.
But I still love to come to Gaia and celebrate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff