Welcome to Gaia! ::

PinkieSwear
If people thought this whole site was 'just a bunch of pixels', then why would they even be here in the first place?

They're allured by pixels. surprised
So says my eleven-years-younger twin sister, so it must be true. biggrin
Sarteck
PinkieSwear
If people thought this whole site was 'just a bunch of pixels', then why would they even be here in the first place?

Exactly. surprised heart

We should throw a double-birthday party.
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear

Exactly. surprised heart

Heh... I would, but I bet that I'll forget it's our birthday until the day is almost over. ;p
Sarteck
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear

Exactly. surprised heart

Heh... I would, but I bet that I'll forget it's our birthday until the day is almost over. ;p

I'll remind you. ninja
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear

Exactly. surprised heart

I'll remind you. ninja
But how will YOU remember? O.o
Sarteck
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear
Sarteck
PinkieSwear

Exactly. surprised heart

I'll remind you. ninja
But how will YOU remember? O.o

Magic. And Post-it notes.
uhh i have no idea on what the leader is talking about
heart Hello, if you are tired of being alone, and want a gaian b/f or g/f then you should come to the "Dating Services"! Where you can meet sexy, hot singles! We host weddings, and give gifts to people!! It is alot of fun! So if your tired of the single life, come and join! heart
Here is the link:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8343275&bt=1118774258&start=1365

Familiar Friend

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I've used that arguement before, and I compare it to the ones I make in real life about materialistic things and how there are things far more precious and important than those designer jeans and $200 shoes. xd I can understand people being attached to such things online and off, and it's fine in my eyes so long as people don't start putting these objects with no thoughts and feelings above those that do.
Comparisons:

Dancingflames: And there we go...another Gino and Marie Helson masterpiece! n__n;

Random Gaian: Why do you even bother wasting your talent and efforts on just pixels? I mean, they are JUST pixels, so what's the point?

Dancingflames: That's sort of asking us, 'Why do we even try to enjoy life? We're all going to die someday, so what's the point?'

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,175 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
The way I see it is, Gaia is like my little alternate dimension. When I need a break from the real world I can come here and RP for a while and chat with some cool people. Sure at one point I thought, "Comptition for little pics of clothing items? gonk " But the more I played around and developed my character, I found that it was fun to quest for an item, to save up and get something you really like and then customize your character. Some people go a little too far, and I'd never knock myself out to get say a halo or something. But there is something satisfying when I look in my inventory and there's a Kitsune mask grinning at me.

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
All vision is pixels - your eyes can only recieve a set amount of light. To say a virtual world is just a pixel set can be used with a same comparison to the real world - You work hard to get something, and get mad when all your effort is wasted.

Quote:
Bill: Oh my god! I just lost millions in the stock market!
Jack: What are you getting worked up for? It's just a bunch of light.
yes, they are just a bunch of pixels.... but it's a bunch of pixels that I've put my 2-cents in, so it's important. It's like an alternate world that something's always goin on. It's like this: I have a friend on Gaia that is also my friend in real life (15 min. drive). We can Pm eachother or go to a RP, and have fun. Then go to his house and ring his doorbell and run the next day, and talk about whatever. Or, I can do the samething with a friend on Gaia that I may never see in real life. But whatever we're doin we're havin fun!
Dragon Warrior X
Well try telling foot ballers that its just a game or art fans that its just paint... ya cant say that these are just pixels cause there have been brought to life by the will and desires of the admins and users... this isnt just a web site its a community

coolest avatar I've ever seen (pg.1)
*summing up what she's gathered from the first page*
While Gaia may just be a pixellated world, every dedicated and respected Gaian has worked hard to get where they are.
While they may be just -a little too proud- of their items, those very pixels might hold memories for them like a stuffed animal or a locket in real life.
And, really, even though it's "just a bunch of pixels," we have memories of the good and bad times we've had on Gaia...
Plus, it's just so damn fun to dress up a little pixel girl! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces