Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Codger

Even if Gaia changed course at this point, would it even be possible to deflate the economy back to sane levels?

At this point, any gold sink, or other feature that would drain enough gold from the system to be meaningful would, I think, make people feel poor enough to encourage the purchase of more gold generators.

So I guess what I'm wondering is....

If Gaia keeps up with this rate of gold generators, would it even be possible for them to reverse inflation?

And even if they discontinued gold generators, would it be possible for them to reverse inflation?

I feel sick to my stomach at this point.... cry emotion_facepalm

Let Me Live's Significant Otter

Laureled Peacemaker

45,925 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Peacekeeper 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Raguel's Wings were down to 600mil. Now, they are at 4 BILLION. This is insane. I don't even. I can't. I know this isn't truly contributing to discussion, but I really can't process some of these numbers. I remembering questing for my Jacked Up Scarf for 20k and thinking it would be impossible. This is absolutely crazy. They definitely need something big, and I don't think the people that joined during the inflation will take deflation lightly because they won't understand that the market has been out of whack for a long time.

Time-traveling Senshi

They won't return to December 2012 numbers but they can make a huge dent and reverse the last four months of damage if they had massive gold sinks every month for the rest of the year with no gold generators and a lot of re-release bundles to force supply to increase drastically to the point where people are talking about dumping things to have a stash in pure again.

Phantom

It would require an astronomical gold sink to make things what they were even four months ago. I'm not certain how it would be implemented to be honest.

They won't ever discontinue them, they are taking in a ton of money. To me it looks like a lot of people just gave up and caved in to buying them after fighting against the inflation for so long. Gold generators in small doses might have been nice thing, perhaps three times a year to minimize the damage.

Be prepared for "aw ******** not this topic again" and people parroting each other with that though. It's a repeat thread somewhat but it is a pretty big issue... maybe the admins ought to make a sticky.
💋

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Smiling Crow
It would require an astronomical gold sink to make things what they were even four months ago. I'm not certain how it would be implemented to be honest.

They won't ever discontinue them, they are taking in a ton of money. To me it looks like a lot of people just gave up and caved in to buying them after fighting against the inflation for so long. Gold generators in small doses might have been nice thing, perhaps three times a year to minimize the damage.

Be prepared for "aw ******** not this topic again" and people parroting each other with that though. It's a repeat thread somewhat but it is a pretty big issue... maybe the admins ought to make a sticky.
💋

Oh they won't make a sticky. If they did, it would acknowledge the issue, which they refuse to do.

(If I'm wrong and they have discussed it, please send me a link.)

Phantom

armadillodreamer
Smiling Crow

💋

Oh they won't make a sticky. If they did, it would acknowledge the issue, which they refuse to do.

(If I'm wrong and they have discussed it, please send me a link.)
I wish that I knew of such an occurrence. 💋

Extreme Loiterer

24,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I don't think it will ever be stable! we will have periods of insane then back to livable ..I just bough most of the lower priced project Doll Bundles ...can't believe I did it ! hahaha but since its near impossible to find a buyer ( can't afford it now) had to try I have GC but not wasting it on these Gold generators ..pokes waiting for your Glowy halo and Bra emotion_kirakira

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Josey
Even if Gaia changed course at this point, would it even be possible to deflate the economy back to sane levels?

I actually think in might be possible if they do all of the following:

1) No more GG.
2) Do not disobey rule #1.
3) Add "higher" quality items in some sort of gold sink. (possibly do something with Loyal's Bazaar with gold) - or actually make D*C work... sweatdrop
4) Either up the mp fee or some sort of tax on those thrice damned mithril coins (yes- i realize that people wouldn't like this much, but it COULD be a stopgap method to help pull gold out for at least a while)
5) Focus on gold shop updates, particularly for animals.
6) Release ITEM GENERATORS if they are going to release them at all - this helps pull values down and people start buying more in the mp (which removes at least 2% of gold)

7) DO NOT RAISE GOLD CAP ANY MORE! People just sit on gold in the system rather than buy anything which I don't think is good for the economy either because then (some, not all) users list items at ridiculous prices and can afford to just sit and wait until some one is desperate or hoard a lot of a desirable item and then drive up their selling price ==> Particularly right now everyone knows what I'm referring to (maybe even who ninja )
cool CUT IT OUT WITH THE GG OF ANY SORT DAMMIT!
9) Put cheaper cash items (if they must) that will help put new items that ppl will shell out gold for in mp
10) Try, Gaia, actually try, to manage the gold influx. If you did GG once every 3 years we wouldn't be freaking out but it's WAY OVERDONE. You are compounding the problem evil

Friendly Lunatic

I must say I am so glad I already had certain items from WAAAAY back,
Because when I look at prices now its insane!!

I think there are definitively ways for gaia to turn this around,
for instance a GOLD based loyalsshop/pet shop.
But since those wouldn't make actual money for the site I sadly do not see this happening.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Reginald Orius
Raguel's Wings were down to 600mil. Now, they are at 4 BILLION. This is insane. I don't even. I can't. I know this isn't truly contributing to discussion, but I really can't process some of these numbers. I remembering questing for my Jacked Up Scarf for 20k and thinking it would be impossible. This is absolutely crazy. They definitely need something big, and I don't think the people that joined during the inflation will take deflation lightly because they won't understand that the market has been out of whack for a long time.
                      ᵑᵞᵐᵠᵸ ᶳᵅᵞᶳ

Haters gon' Hate. dramallama

Gaians are greedy now.
                      If they "fix" the market, everyone will be mad about something.. If they don't people are still mad..

This is why Gaia has it's head buried in the sand.

Intellectual Codger

Nymph of Spring
Reginald Orius
                      ᵑᵞᵐᵠᵸ ᶳᵅᵞᶳ

Haters gon' Hate. dramallama

Gaians are greedy now.
                      If they "fix" the market, everyone will be mad about something.. If they don't people are still mad..

This is why Gaia has it's head buried in the sand.

I've been on this site a long time. I don't think it would be accurate to analogize the current state of discontent with "traditional" discontent.

Handsome Man-Lover

The main problem is, that it would require Gaia to stop releasing gold generators.
Those things make them oodles of money apparently, so from a business point of view they'd be stupid to stop.

IRL Labtech

Reginald Orius

I bought Israfil's Wings for 185m about a month ago, and I thought THAT was stupidly inflated. I wanted them so bad that I paid that much.

I sold them a couple days ago. Made a thread in the Exchange, and had a really high Auto Buy, thinking no one would offer that.

I was wrong.

SO wrong.

Someone AB'd me in minutes. I'm still kind of dumbfounded.

On topic with thread:
    With the hoarding people are doing, it's going to be hard for things to go back to how it was before. Unless Gaia implements some kind of max or cap on how much an item can sell for in the marketplace (I'm NOT suggesting to do this, because people will go apeshit), I doubt anything like that can happen.

Let's look at Sainte Ciel: Agape, for example.
    Lowest Buy Price is currently sitting at 888m (I forget which gen). If Gaia put a cap on what it could be sold for, say, at 30m, the item would not be able to be sold at anything above that.

But people would go totally apeshit because then it wouldn't be "user-run" (and I agree to an extent that they shouldn't do this) anymore so I guess I'm just rambling aimlessly

Let Me Live's Significant Otter

Laureled Peacemaker

45,925 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Peacekeeper 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Shannon-Jeva

I bought Israfil's Wings for 185m about a month ago, and I thought THAT was stupidly inflated. I wanted them so bad that I paid that much.

I sold them a couple days ago. Made a thread in the Exchange, and had a really high Auto Buy, thinking no one would offer that.

I was wrong.

SO wrong.

Someone AB'd me in minutes. I'm still kind of dumbfounded.

On topic with thread:
    With the hoarding people are doing, it's going to be hard for things to go back to how it was before. Unless Gaia implements some kind of max or cap on how much an item can sell for in the marketplace (I'm NOT suggesting to do this, because people will go apeshit), I doubt anything like that can happen.

Let's look at Sainte Ciel: Agape, for example.
    Lowest Buy Price is currently sitting at 888m (I forget which gen). If Gaia put a cap on what it could be sold for, say, at 30m, the item would not be able to be sold at anything above that.

But people would go totally apeshit because then it wouldn't be "user-run" (and I agree to an extent that they shouldn't do this) anymore so I guess I'm just rambling aimlessly

Both gens are are 888mil.

IRL Labtech

Bowie-Spawan
The main problem is, that it would require Gaia to stop releasing gold generators.
Those things make them oodles of money apparently, so from a business point of view they'd be stupid to stop.

I feel like people that hate them and don't buy them are in the minority gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff