Welcome to Gaia! ::

I find questing to be a great way to teach people how to save money. *shrug* And anyway, if people didn't have quests to go on, what fun would it be to dress up your character?

And my quests are pretty straightforward, the essential four nitemare/angelic things, and "classic film noir" themed costumes.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
How much was the OMG when you quested?
And what did you do, exchanging for that? :3 It's easier when you start with enough capital in the beginning, of course, which I assume you have because of your join date.
started with zero gold blaugh
Then you need to write a "How To Quest And Not Suck" guide. xd
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
And what did you do, exchanging for that? :3 It's easier when you start with enough capital in the beginning, of course, which I assume you have because of your join date.
blaugh xd i would but... im not good with wrigting blaugh xd
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
eek who is this emmy in your sig. its creeping meout cause thats my nickname too, just spelt different xd
Emirie Katakana
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
eek who is this emmy in your sig. its creeping meout cause thats my nickname too, just spelt different xd
emerald star 19 blaugh my sweety ^^
Amarroo
Emirie Katakana
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
Amarroo
Aristeia
emerald star 19 blaugh my sweety ^^
awww heart
Gaia is a hobby just like any other. Its really not any more important to learn how to play an instument, or learn how to use a weapon. Chances are better than not you'll only use those skills for personal entertainment anyway. Just as people use Gaia for personal entertainment. I've never really understood the idea that if one person goes out to the mall and dicks around with their friends, and another person stays home and dicks around on the internet, the first person obviously was using their time more wisely. Either way it was just a basicly pointless way to use your time for your own entertainment.
Captain Wickit

Oh, and i dont think n00bs should be aloud to quest tell theyve been on for a month. Im tired of getting pms from people i dont know begging for money for a kiki cat and stuff, it drives me nuts.
I think you've mixed up 'n00bs' and 'newbies' there. I first quested when I'd been on Gaia three weeks, for my anklets. Anyway - how would you propose stopping them?
I admit that PMS from n00bs can be annoying, but direct them to a n00b rehab center. It's not quite as satisfying as beating them over the head with a shovel, but it makes them someone else's problem.

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
Questing is one of my favorite things to do on Gaia. I've been questing for only about a week and my friends have been generous enough to give me nearly 100k in items and gold, and I'm truly blessed. Also, though this takes a jump to my quest thread, here.

I learn more and more about using Photoshop every time I make a new banner (completely new for every item I get on this quest. the last one had a linear progression) and I am learning a great deal about the value of charity. Sure it's just pixels, and sure it's not real, but it's really affirming when somebody that you really don't know that well gives you 10,000g for no apparent reason. Just because they feel like it.

Questing is good. I met good Gaia friends like elthekay from my first quest, and I'll never forget that. And it's a good way to motivate yourself into making more innovative art and such. Even if you get woefully behind on where your banners should be. sweatdrop

It is annoying to get PMs from noobs, but just link them to a help thread and you're fine. You don't need to hate them for it, they just don't know any better. Help them find what they need and they can make a well-designed, well organized quest thread like the best of them.
Well...seeing as I'm only on Gaia when I'm at work...I acctually get paid for questing, so it all works out well for me!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff