Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you feel Gaia is loosing it's charm?

Yes 0.64757709251101 64.8% [ 147 ]
No 0.19383259911894 19.4% [ 44 ]
Indifferent 0.15859030837004 15.9% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 227 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I only ever roleplayed on Gaia, and occasionally bought stuff on the marketplace, so not much has changed for me over the years (I've been on and off since 2004). In that way I've noticed a decline in the amount of good writers in Barton Town, which is disappointing.

The economy is a crapshoot nowadays, There's also a ton of spam and adverts wherever I go on the site. It's a damn shame.

Tipsy Fatcat

10,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
They've got a new CEO, and he seems to not have a good grasp on economics and seems to be slightly money-hungry.
I just came back from a 2 year long break.
Probably going to leave the next time I close this tab.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Hardly, but I stay because I love it here. I want it to be better again. Gaia is lucky to have people like myself, those who are dedicated to what it used to be because we certainly wouldn't want to stay if we didn't have nostalgia this thick.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Loveparody
I've almost always been here for the avatars and the items. I love collecting pixels so it's fun for me. It's not fun when I'm poor, but having items is always nice.

It's very hard to socialize for me...online or off, I've always had trouble connecting with other people. People either bore me or I bore them with how little I have in common with someone.

I'm always willing to make a new friend, but they eventually leave me when they realize I don't know how to be one.

So the thing that was always here for me is the avatar I created on this site. She embodies the OC I've created and I am happy I can represent her.

I'm like that too. It's so easy for me to get bored with someone.

Feral Smoker

Nopers, it's just a habit. Nine more days until I can get into Loyal's and then I won't even have a reason to log in every day. neutral

Kawaii Shopper

30,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Full closet 200
While i do still enjoy making new avatar and exchanging I must say that gaia lost its charm after over a decade.

Victim

idk, a part of me really gets a kick out of hardcore complaining about something & hearing everyone else's complaints and comparing, it's just good for venting

and there's definitely been plenty of that on gaia recently lol

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm here to buy items, gcd, plot (what's left of it,) and slowly working on alchemy.
All these things pass the time and give me a break from tumblr.

Questionable Hero

11,000 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
I don't think I gonna quit entirely, but I certainly lowered my activities.
Also, Gaia won't make any profits from me anymore. I'll be one of those users getting constantly punched into the face with all the GC Updates in future lol

Ghost Buster

gaia has solely been about creating avatars for me for the past year and a half
i like collecting things and this site serves as a much needed creative outlet

so i guess it's fun enough for me

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Gaia's itself is more fun for me than interacting with the community itself is, currently.
Gaia releasing gold generators is bad, but GG haters make it so much worse. Someone on the outside looking in would have thought GGs were the equivalent of WMDs the way some people act towards them and their users.

That's not to say Gaia itself isn't becoming boring too.
Staff "fixed" the fishing captcha, but I'm reluctant to touch it 'cause apparently it's even WORSE than it was previously. How 'bout that?

Pretty much every update related to avatar items on this site caters to rich users, whether or not they purchase GC:

(1) Gold sinks are nice, but they're making LB updates consistently nothing but unaffordable s**t. And well, I was really looking forward to LB being the one place I didn't get screwed over and treated like crap 'cause I wasn't always sitting on millions or billions of gold. So much for that. The day a poor user can afford more things on the MP than in a gold shop is arriving. *le sigh*

(2) I could immerse myself in gaia's newer games, but they're not fun 'cause they're rigged for you to lose, they play awkwardly, and there's no point to them because "Pay-and-win-the-tournament-to-win" is a stupid model for a casual game. Whoever thought of it should be ashamed of themselves.

At least my avatar's still somewhat fun to dress up. *shrugs, and resumes writing*

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
It can be obnoxious, but when I need a chill down, I go read the item glitch report thread in the SF. Some of them are so ******** ridiculous it makes me smile.

This is my fav:

User Image

When I first read the post I cried laughing.

Feral Pumpkin

No, it's not fun for me anymore.
I used to check it out of habit, and today I was like, "Umm, I guess I /could/ check Gaia.."

I used to put a lot of thought into my avatars, try to look nice, put together, blahblah. Now I just threw on old nostalgic items, and called it a day.
I came on today and saw the new summer event I guess...? And the gold needed.. I can't even participate.. :/

I never was good at making friends here, so it's not like I have friendships to maintain. I just liked dressing up my avatar and talking about new events/items.. but I can't even participate in that stuff now without sounding repetitive probably about not being able to afford any of it.

-shrug-
It's a shame, but doesn't really make me sad anymore.
Can't feel sad about a place that's really gone to s**t in most areas.
Plus, after getting involved in a few other online communities, I've realized Gaia has a lot snobby bitches. xD

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Voted no. I meant yes. Your topic and question are backwards.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It's not fun anymore. The only thing to do here is play with the items I already have and then watch Gaia trainwreck further.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff