Welcome to Gaia! ::

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

Slick Southpaw

At first I thought you meant trolling as in a place to scrounge about for sex, not scriptkiddies and bored idiots yankin yer chain.

This is what I thought at first too LOL!..
But yes, Gaia is what you make of it. For me, it is mostly dress up and a place where I can actually escape from what I currently do and actually have some me time.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Different parts of Gaia really...

Shy Gaian

Lol depends on what forum you go into.

Wheezing Member

Slick Southpaw
..trolling as in a place to scrounge about for sex,

You like hookers workin under bridges? surprised

Slick Southpaw
not scriptkiddies and bored idiots yankin yer chain.

emotion_brofist

I hesitate to use the word "troll" to describe some of the things I see around this site....
Most of the people accused for being a troll actually come across more like this
than anything else. confused
I'm not going to argue what is and isn't considered a "troll"..
but the point is that Gaia, at worst, is a bunch of rowdy 12 year olds who learned what a swear word is.

Also Gaia would be considered a social site either way.
so there's that

Invisible Explorer

9,450 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Rogue 100
If i remember correctly Gaia was at first a forum site. Its very first name was "Go Go Gaia" I think. Then gaia become popular and started introducing hangouts such as rally, towns, hollywood, etc. Then people started to cyber on it, and troll. Before Gaia was an awesome friendly place...a bit. But now i just see a** holes everywhere and greedy people.
there will always be trolling on any sort of social networking site tho
just block them if u find them annoying lol

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| It's honestly a fair mix of both.
              You're never going to escape trolling as long as you're on the internet. If someone's bothering you, or bothering someone else and it bothers you, ignore that user. Gaia lets you block people.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Trash Vampire

i'll be real, it is nothing short of delusional to think there is any website on the internet where you won't encounter trolls. people get shitty when given anonymity, it's just a fact. does that mean its ok? no. but it doesnt make an entire site a ~trolling site~ or anything stupid like that. use the ignore feature. it makes life more pleasant.

Aged Hoarder

Is it bad that I feel trolled having read the OP? I feel instigated to defend my stance.
ehh its deviantart all over again gonk
btw im new here ^^

Fashionable Bookworm

AikoMiyoko
Slick Southpaw

At first I thought you meant trolling as in a place to scrounge about for sex, not scriptkiddies and bored idiots yankin yer chain.

This is what I thought at first too LOL!..
But yes, Gaia is what you make of it. For me, it is mostly dress up and a place where I can actually escape from what I currently do and actually have some me time.
I wasn't sure by the trolling myself but I agree with this. I use Gaia for me time. I do care about where it's headed but it's just a site and all sites have their good and their bad.

As others have said it's what you make of it. Any site created has trolls. Even the best of them have their trolls. I'm not sayign Gaia is the best site because it's gone down hill but no site is perfect.

Royal Librarian

16,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Master Librarian 500
It's both. Whenever you have a social site like Gaia or any forum site, you are bound to have a lot of trolls. Just happens.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
It's a little bit of both I guess.

Generous Ladykiller

8,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
GavianQGS
If i remember correctly Gaia was at first a forum site. Its very first name was "Go Go Gaia" I think. Then gaia become popular and started introducing hangouts such as rally, towns, hollywood, etc. Then people started to cyber on it, and troll. Before Gaia was an awesome friendly place...a bit. But now i just see a** holes everywhere and greedy people.

ill say i was here in 2005 Gaia was friendly okay sure cyber was just coming out the closet but was not big thing yet. was bit funny i was troll my self but not heavy duty ones, but yea Gaia was loads of fun now i do not bother anymore.

RabbitEXE's Waifu

Shy Bunny

Gaia is a social network just like Facebook, Twitter, etc etc... but you'll still run into trolls ALL over the Internet no matter what.
Even back in 03 Gaia had trolls, lololol... and actually back in the earlier days there was so much more trolls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff