Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cena Quest's Husband

Dangerous Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Like, I really don't see the big hullabaloo. Some dumbass posted a stupid picture in a survey. And people are apparently crying and killing themselves over both a mistake and a stupid joke?

I'm 6'8". I try to eat right and exercise, but I binge on pizza a lot and I'll relapse into Soda every few months, so I'm at around 260 lbs. According to the chart I'd be between builtfat (Lots of physical labor and pushups) and chubbyfat (Too much pizza). Am I offended? No. It just made me chuckle and consider upping my regiment.

Is there something I'm missing, or has the Gaia completely been taken over by Social Justice Warriors?

Loyal Spirit

14,550 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I'm not offended at all, I think it's an interesting survey. People are just being cry babies and not interacting with the society in other method outside of Gaia enough. If they have been on Tumblr, Youtube, 9Gag, or even FaceBook, they will only find the survey funny.

Nimble Bunny

8,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm not, gaians can be so thin skinned. Its basically an excuse to call for blood on gaia over the tension with sale after sale and inflation

Familiar Informer

People have sensitivity issues and also like to forget the fact that they, themselves are assholes on a regular basis.

It's like a kid throwing a tantrum because another kid said their hair was stupid.

Cena Quest's Husband

Dangerous Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Et Ada
I'm not, gaians can be so thin skinned. Its basically an excuse to call for blood on gaia over the tension with sale after sale and inflation

This is what I feel. I'm actually more upset with Gaia charging so damn much for items. Seriously? 490 dollars for some virtual wings?
And the inflation made me a millionaire. Seriously. 25 Flynn's booties for 5 bucks? I've bought every item I've ever wanted and have 5 mil left over to spend when they release new rigs.

bkc555's Fav

Toxic Seraph

13,975 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I missed the survey so I really have no idea what the big deal is.

Unbeatable Capitalist

I completely ignored the survey when it popped up.
The way our dear Narumi described it, I was begging to believe it had been something horrifying, possibly nearing sexual (?) harassment.

If it was a prank survey calling people fat I honestly don't think we should start having people fired.

I'm hoping someone took a picture of said survey, for posterity?

Wistful Dreamer

I agree! I'm not offended actually.

I only saw the pic of the body types. the font choice is horrible and the body types are obviously inaccurate and I was almost uncomfortable because of all the bikinis and naked male torsos, ew, and the joke was NOT funny. I laughed because of these things, oddly enough.

I did not feel particularly offended because i don't have a problem with my body image. granted, i've always been skinny and i have a boyfriend who loves my body even if i don't have curves for days ha.

but wow... the outrage was shocking to me. I didn't realize this was that bad. sure, the survey had nothing to do with gaia, and it was not something one expects from a site that tries to be decent and professional, but......

i'm just like........okay.........this could be worth an awkward chuckle. I did not expect the people raging about it. i'm more awkwarded out by the people's reactions than the actual image of the quiz ._____.;;

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I used to be anorexic for three years and I didn't feel offended.
But I also have seen those photos millions of times.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I was a bit surprised by the survey, but I wasn't offended.

Nimble Bunny

8,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PH Goonka
Et Ada

This is what I feel. I'm actually more upset with Gaia charging so damn much for items. Seriously? 490 dollars for some virtual wings?
And the inflation made me a millionaire. Seriously. 25 Flynn's booties for 5 bucks? I've bought every item I've ever wanted and have 5 mil left over to spend when they release new rigs.

I usually dont care what gaia does but with sale after sale even I was like "gaia, cut down on the gaia cash crack pls"
There is no way in hell people are angry only over an image you see everywhere and that is mild compared to what the internet machine vomits out daily. Its much deeper then that, and if its not these people do need to grow a thicker skin.

Cena Quest's Husband

Dangerous Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Boss Ghoul
I completely ignored the survey when it popped up.
The way our dear Narumi described it, I was begging to believe it had been something horrifying, possibly nearing sexual (?) harassment.

If it was a prank survey calling people fat I honestly don't think we should start having people fired.

I'm hoping someone took a picture of said survey, for posterity?

Nice avatar btw, Boss. ANyways, this topic has the image in question.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I think my body chose to get possible food poisoning on maybe a good night?

Edit:
In looking at the pictures I do understand why some people were upset, but I'm sure there are people like me out there who would agree that it's offensive but also not worth me time. I don't need some little survey to make it known that I'm a Fatty (though I am slowly becoming more curvy/chubby and damn it I like my body curvy). I know that I'm a Fatty as a side effect of a medication I was on for three years called Abilify.

----

I very much agree that it is just done at the exact wrong moment. Gaia has been asking for our real life money so much that now when they do something like this it wouldn't be seen so much as a goof-up or mistake. Gaia is attempting to present itself as a profitable COMPANY so it really shouldn't be making errors like this. I'm not really as annoyed about the pictures as I am that anything can happen on this site. Thank god they didn't make fun of race or sexuality. Oh and if they had made fun of religion I think we all would be hiding (I'm spiritual but not of a religion)

Friendly Friend

Well, on top of all the sales and changes and complaints on AtA, this kinda seems like a big "******** you"...but that's just me.

Unbeatable Capitalist

PH Goonka
Nice avatar btw, Boss. Anyways, this topic has the image in question.

Thank you kindly.
Both for the link and the compliment.

I can see now how some people would be offended but clearly people overreacted.

Might be for the best. I don't like surveys I guess we won't be seeing one soon now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff