Welcome to Gaia! ::

fxxkin demon

A Madness Most Discreet
sometimesalways
I organize my inventory every couple of weeks depending on the amount of new stuff I get. I do it by type of item. Better for when I am dressing my avatar. All the button up shirts are here, top hats there and so forth.

Here's a happy screen shot: Inventory

What's really driving me nuts right now is the fact I have all this stuff and I can't put together an avatar.

This is what I'm currently working on, hopefully it will work out well.

Once you get it set up maintaining it is a snap.

Mississippi Black Velvet

Have at it.
http://www.tektek.org/dream/dream.php?avatar=52465104

Mega Bit

I have started to organize my inventory just recently. I don't have many items, just about one full page, so I feel that it will be not so difficult a task.
I plan to organize by color -> EI -> MC -> RIG -> CS -> commons. Though I also want to keep like birthstone sets together, so may those will go at the very bottom.
I think for me it will be helpful to organize by color since it's not like I have loads and loads of junk.

Dapper Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Partygoer 500
I never bother, I don't really have that many items to begin with where I would need to. I usually just dump all the event/trash items into my storage once in a while so I don't have to look at them

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

I've always kept my inventory organised, but I'd never be able to sort it by colour!

Mine is sorted by:

Animated Items - Rather Expensive Items - EIs - MCs - Hats - Hair Accessories - Wigs - Necklaces - Tops - Belts - Bottoms - Socks/Stockings - Shoes - Animals/Companions - Gaia Event Items - Seasonal Items (Halloween, Christmas etc. ) - Sponsor Items - Housing - Alchemy - Fishing - Inks - Bugs - Aquarium - zOMG

...Ghads I have a lot of sections. @_@ I usually check it every couple of days or so to put new things in their rightful place, it's not too tricky since my full invo is only about 4 pages. Having it arranged just feels so right. <3

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
I'm one of those people who need organization or I'll forget what I have.

I organize by putting all multi-pose items (not the handhelds only like swords, but MCs and EIs and the like) at the top, loosely organized by color and type (hats together, tops together, items together, etc.). What sometimes helps is if I use the storage chest to put all the junk from the bottom and then scroll to the top to add it back into the places I want them.

Good luck! Happy Hunting!

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Funny enough I just finally, finally got around to organizing my inventory just a few weeks ago, for the first time since I joined Gaia 5 years ago. You have no idea.... burning_eyes

When I first did it, it was a little hard to find things, because I was so use to the way it was before, but it's working out pretty good now, just takes a bit of time to get use to. I organized by the color of the icons actually not by what the item is, like a CI or a gold shop item.

First page of my invo looks like this.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Inventory woes?
More like Storage Locker woes, in my world. I hoard event items.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
Organization is a word not in my dictionary.

Not really, I do have SOME kind of order to my inventory haha, but for the most part I just have it ordered the way I acquire items. Newest ones will be last, older ones will be first. It's just easier for me to remember where everything is that way. I've definitely had those moments where I sell an item higher up in the list then everything is just thrown into chaos and I can't find anything lol. I had to rearrange them (or buy a filler item) just to get it right enough for me.

Other than that, I just put like items and sets together, like all those new recolors they just had in the gold shops, or the Ciel's and other REI and their recolors. It's easier for me to remember I have both if they're next to each other lol.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I start organizing my items way long before it became a problem. Whenever I get a new line of items (say, about a dozen or so new items), I'll go for a short quick organize session. Sure, I may be able to find a specific item when looking for it, but when it comes to any non-specific item that might fall under a certain color category (while dressing up my avatar), I usually find myself stuck for a while. This is why I admire those who organize their inventory by color and equip type. I can't stand organizing it that way since I organize by item type (MC, EI, CI, Holiday, Gold-shop, etc) and then sub-organize them in alphabetical order. Sometime I order by year too, but that's limited to holiday/event only items though. I don't remember items by its color, I remember them by where they originated from.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Ambiverted
I have started to organize my inventory just recently. I don't have many items, just about one full page, so I feel that it will be not so difficult a task.
I plan to organize by color -> EI -> MC -> RIG -> CS -> commons. Though I also want to keep like birthstone sets together, so may those will go at the very bottom.
I think for me it will be helpful to organize by color since it's not like I have loads and loads of junk.

Better to figure it out before you have multiple pages.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
lovely sweet dream
Inventory woes?
More like Storage Locker woes, in my world. I hoard event items.

I keep my storage locker fairly organized, year and then event within that year.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I organize by color. I find it fairly easy to find things that way. I'd love to organize within the colors by item type, but that just seems like too much work to bother with. Every once in a while I forget where I put an item, and the inventory search option comes in handy then. Doesn't happen often though.

Hallowed Prophet

I managed to organize my invo early on, so now, even years and years later, it's still organized and easy to search. I tend to make mono/duo-chrome avis, so organizing by color has worked well for me.

Sometimes, though, after I play a few RIG bundles, it can get pretty messy looking.
I tried to do by color to but no, it didn't work for me. I ended up organizing by origin (eg. MC, EI, REI, CI, etc.) and then by alphabet.

Fashionable Gaian

My inventory doesn't even reach 1 page full.
No, not even a half page @__@"
My friend has like over 15 pages full and its so messy I don't even know how people can live with that xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff