Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I have never had that problem.

Intergalactic Recruit

Shove everything you never/rarely use into Storage.

Seriously, it's there for a reason and I get the feeling based on what other people have said, that people rarely use the Storage Locker. Maybe because it is easy to forget about because it's not blunt in your face to even find. I mean you have to click on word links that are out of the way, TWICE, to even find the damn thing. As if Gaia is trying to hide it from you.

I can't stand when my main inventory starts to "scroll", so yeah, into the storage locker it goes where I have some things color categorized and some just based on being MCs or EIs or whatever.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
jettisoned corpse

Seriously, it's there for a reason and I get the feeling based on what other people have said, that people rarely use the Storage Locker. Maybe because it is easy to forget about because it's not blunt in your face to even find. I mean you have to click on word links that are out of the way, TWICE, to even find the damn thing. As if Gaia is trying to hide it from you.

I can't stand when my main inventory starts to "scroll", so yeah, into the storage locker it goes where I have some things color categorized and some just based on being MCs or EIs or whatever.

I keep event items and freebies in storage, any good items that I don't semi-regularly get sold.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I decided forever ago to organize items by color. Which sounds nifty and helpful at first, until you realize there can be two main colors on some items (like an equal amount of red and black), so I try to organize by more predominant color (black) then by transitional colors (equal parts black and red) and the next dominant color (red).

I do that when it's possible. And if an item has different colors in different poses, I go with what's on the default pose since that's likely what I'm going to see first. It helps in searching for what item I need very quickly. It was a massive undertaking that is still ongoing: once a week I organize what new items I may have acquired and organize them properly. In the end, it makes things SUPER FAST to find.

Heroic Mage

My inventory is organized by color and place on the body.

I don't think I've ever had trouble finding anything, unless I forgot that I put it in storage instead.

I can't just leave my inventory alone, it must have some form of organization that makes sense to me.

Intergalactic Recruit

A Madness Most Discreet
jettisoned corpse

I keep event items and freebies in storage, any good items that I don't semi-regularly get sold.

I jump around a lot with interests and styles, so I tend to keep all the good stuff even if I don't wear them for a long time since I probably will again sometime down the road.

I've seen a lot of people really regret selling things and wanting them back later, and I don't wanna end up in the same boat.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I never organize my inventory, since it's already organized chronologically from when I got it. Sure I don't use a lot of items from the top of my invo anymore, but if I'm looking for a particular EI or MC I know where in the list it is. The only items I have trouble finding are mood bubbles, for reasons I have no idea on.

Trying to do it any other way is just insane given the amount of items that come out every month, you would have to reorganize every time you got a new item.
I can't say that I have organized my inventory and found it unusable. For that to happen I would have actually had to have succeeded in organizing in the first place. I think every time I've tried the organization thing I've given up after around ten minutes if that.

Stubborn Gifter

I organize my inventory based by what type of clothing/stuff they are (ei: shirts, pants, aquarium, etc.) In fact, I even organize my Home (which I kinda use it as my second storage) based by what type of items they are. Only the Storage that I kinda give up of organizing. >>; Well.... It is somewhat organized, just not neatly organized as my inventory. sweatdrop

And sorry, I have no tip of how to help you organize. However, the only advice I can give is don't sort it by colors since... Well, you've already figured that out. sweatdrop However, if you are still using color-coded as your main index, I suggest you can also use another type as your secondary index. For example, use colors as the main while what type of time as second (ei: red RIG/CI, red goldshop items, blue RIG/CI, blue goldshop items.) Perhaps that will help.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The only things I put in Storage are extras I don't want to sell right away -- usually this is just holiday items I want to save for the following holiday.

Alien Sex Symbol

A Madness Most Discreet

do you have any tips on getting a large hard to manage inventory?
I always seem to sell everything for the next avatar.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Ophelias Flower
A Madness Most Discreet

I've been here since '04 and I tend to hold onto things I think I will use in the future, I don't generally see my inventory as a way of getting gold for items. I have tons of things that if I had sold to make new avis when I was in need of gold I would seriously regret now because they are worth so much more now. Booty Grab is a great way to earn gold and if you don't want to let your items go and don't want to spend actual cash then it's the best way to make gold imo.

Alien Sex Symbol

A Madness Most Discreet
Ophelias Flower
A Madness Most Discreet

I've been here since '04 and I tend to hold onto things I think I will use in the future, I don't generally see my inventory as a way of getting gold for items. I have tons of things that if I had sold to make new avis when I was in need of gold I would seriously regret now because they are worth so much more now. Booty Grab is a great way to earn gold and if you don't want to let your items go and don't want to spend actual cash then it's the best way to make gold imo.

I have been around since 05, but I was mostly here for the forums and super poor. Didn't start angling towards dynamic avatars until around last year.

ALL OF THE REGRETS.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Ophelias Flower

I have been around since 05, but I was mostly here for the forums and super poor. Didn't start angling towards dynamic avatars until around last year.

ALL OF THE REGRETS.

That is seriously shitty sad

Play booty grab, and work the market and you'll end up with a frustratingly large inventory. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff