Welcome to Gaia! ::

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I have just spent hours, AGONIZING hours organizing my inventory. It has gotten so large and out of control, I figured that categorizing things by color would be an easy way to find what I want when I want it.

I WAS WRONG.

After finally, FINALLY, getting everything in order I found that I can't find anything. I feel lost in my own inventory. Where as before it may have looked chaotic, but at least I could find everything I needed. Now I' m trying to work up the energy to re-disorganize things, but I know it will never be the same.

So tell me, have you ever organized your inventory only to find it unusable?
Any tips on easy ways to index a ridiculously large (I'm not a hoarder, I'm not a hoarder, I'm not a hoarder) inventory?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've given up trying to organize anything. if i can't find stuff i'll just use tektek to find the item name.

i had 50 of these in my inventory once (that i collected for alchemy....which i never used).

at that point you just give up trying to implement order and let the chaos take over.

Tipsy Reindeer

Thus is why I've never "organized" my inventory. I like having it set up chronologically, with newest acquisitions at the bottom- where they are easy to find. After all I'm the kind that likes playing with new toys. I play with my avatar enough that I remember where stuff is to the point that if I sell an older item, it messes everything up and I need to get a cheap "filler" item to go in that spot- just to retain my sanity.

I'm also at the point that if I were to attempt to organize my inventory in any way, it would take HOURS. I'd rather spend my time making avatars, so I won't bother.

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Existential Existence
I've given up trying to organize anything. if i can't find stuff i'll just use tektek to find the item name.

i had 50 of these in my inventory once (that i collected for alchemy....which i never used).

at that point you just give up trying to implement order and let the chaos take over.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize just how vital tektek is for my inventory. I should have left my chaos in place. emo

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
ninja-no-ryu
Thus is why I've never "organized" my inventory. I like having it set up chronologically, with newest acquisitions at the bottom- where they are easy to find. After all I'm the kind that likes playing with new toys. I play with my avatar enough that I remember where stuff is to the point that if I sell an older item, it messes everything up and I need to get a cheap "filler" item to go in that spot- just to retain my sanity.

I'm also at the point that if I were to attempt to organize my inventory in any way, it would take HOURS. I'd rather spend my time making avatars, so I won't bother.

Organizing took WAY longer than I anticipated. I don't know what I was thinking.

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

As you cry, I wanna lie

I have like 3 of every REI and all the gold shop clothes in all colors.
I tried to order everything by sets they came in. And I forget All the things I have sometimes

Say I love you so, Darlin' even though I dont

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
That's funny, because I felt the same way recently.
I reached my third page and thought: Okay, lets organize after colors.
Also, premium items and gold shop items are separated.
I have a friggin rainbow now as a inventory, but can't find anything anymore between the skittles.

How much do I wish they'd give us a better organizer, gnnnnn

Hardcore Muse

I'm like you in that I've tried unsuccessfully numerous times to organize my inventory but I get to the point where I'm so use to where an item should be that when I go ahead and rearrange everything it just throws me through a loop.

I was actually considering trying to rearrange my inventory again but screw it why fix it if it isn't broke? I'm hoping when the Gaia Staff does finally get around to updating our Inventory Arranger it'll be a lot smoother and easier to organize things you want.

/Fingers crossed/

Assimilated Survivor

I must be one the few people who has never thought of organizing by color lol. I usually sort it out by type. Like head, torso, legs, shoes, accessories, misc. And I usually sort it with MCs and cash shops items first, then gold shop. I dunno, seems to work for me. I don't have a gargantuan inventory though either lol

Mysterious Trickster

I've kept my inventory organized since day one. However, there are times when I let some items just sit were they are until I organize them into place. It can be a daunting task, but a fruitful one in the end.

OP; you avatar is very pretty!

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I'd never find anything if I tried organizing by color. Mine is all sorted by where it came from. Sponsor items are first, then event items (sorted by holiday, and then year; so for instance all the Halloween items are together starting with 2003 and ending with 2012). I only sort of organized RIG items. I started sorting by RIG but I get them so rarely that I kinda didn't bother after a while and they're just all lumped together. Gold shop items are in the order they appear in the shops.

I have 15 pages of items and the inventory search broke, so organization is vital or I'd never have any hope of finding anything.

fxxkin demon

I organize my inventory every couple of weeks depending on the amount of new stuff I get. I do it by type of item. Better for when I am dressing my avatar. All the button up shirts are here, top hats there and so forth.

Here's a happy screen shot: Inventory

What's really driving me nuts right now is the fact I have all this stuff and I can't put together an avatar.

Sparkly Genius

It's funny that you mention this, considering that I was going through my own inventory recently, and noticed the header on my tabs said, "The REALLY REALLY OLD Inventory Arranger." So, in some sense, I guess the devs are addressing the situation, albeit rather nonchalantly??

But, until this goes from being a humorous reminder to an actual workhorse, I try to organize by the type of item it is, and then list everything alphabetically. Items go first, followed by head-to-toe equipping positions. Next comes Aquarium items, followed by House stuff. Game stuff goes last, according to what it's used for. It's not exactly the most OCD system, but it helps me for when junk starts to build up at the bottom of the last pages, and I can easily lump like items together and move them (sloooooowly) up and down the list. gonk

Punctual Assailant

18,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
sometimesalways
I organize my inventory every couple of weeks depending on the amount of new stuff I get. I do it by type of item. Better for when I am dressing my avatar. All the button up shirts are here, top hats there and so forth.

What's really driving me nuts right now is the fact I have all this stuff and I can't put together an avatar.

This is what I'm currently working on, hopefully it will work out well.

Hardcore Muse

sometimesalways

Let me dress you.
emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas