Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Hobo

The current inventory system is a** balls terrible, but I work with it anyway, because 2000+ items unorganized would be hell on earth. =_= I don't rearrange stuff every time I buy an item, but about once a month. Usually at the same time I cycle my seasonal s**t through my storage.

I have things organized by type, because organizing by color for me would be an exercise in futility. Since I can't see in my arranger what tabs things will end up in when I'm in dress-up, it's still an adventure to find things sometimes. God bless the search function.

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
gum disease
I tried to organise mine by colour several years ago. Now I simply can't be arsed, it's too long-winded for me and I just use the inventory search if I need something.
Out of sight, out of mind works well for me, I guess. sweatdrop

Maybe I should try that technique. sweatdrop
If I don't care, it won't be a problem! But It irks me to have something disorganized! Why is Gaia life hard?!

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
The current inventory system is a** balls terrible, but I work with it anyway, because 2000+ items unorganized would be hell on earth. =_= I don't rearrange stuff every time I buy an item, but about once a month. Usually at the same time I cycle my seasonal s**t through my storage.

I have things organized by type, because organizing by color for me would be an exercise in futility. Since I can't see in my arranger what tabs things will end up in when I'm in dress-up, it's still an adventure to find things sometimes. God bless the search function.

What I usually do is open two tabs, one inventory organizer and the other is the customize avatar tab. Then I go through and organize by tab by switching over to the customize avatar tab to see if I'm right or not.
Either way, the current system of doing things isn't easy!
I don't organize my inventory by color but by what it is. I have all my shirts, pants, dresses, etc in a specific order and it's usually by the type/style. Like, shorts go with other shorts, pants with other pants, and so on and so forth. I did that a few years ago when I realized I couldn't find half the things I wanted to use, now whenever I get something new, I put it in it's place.

The only things that are really out of place, is the collectables I have -- those go up at the very top, so that I can keep an eye on them. Just in case. >.<

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
I tried a couple times, but the arranger is SUCH a pain to use. ;w;
the only things I like to keep together are sets, like I have all the colors in a few shoe sets, and I organized them to be in rainbow order.

really, I just remember where everything is. And if I don't, I have invo search. neutral
Are you wanting a Inventory Organizer update?
Yes, Our inventory organizer is a real pain. It's not user friendly IMHO.
Do you actually take time to organize your inventory, or just leave it cluttered?
I have all my aquarium items, EI's/and REI's organized in alphabetical order. My other items are organized starting from head going down to shoes.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Col Lengo Battuto
gum disease
I tried to organise mine by colour several years ago. Now I simply can't be arsed, it's too long-winded for me and I just use the inventory search if I need something.

If I don't care, it won't be a problem! But It irks me to have something disorganized! Why is Gaia life hard?!

I used to be pedantic about that kind of stuff, but I find the current organiser too finicky to mesh well with my laziness.
I am very impressed when people post pics of the inventories arranged by colour, usually in a rainbow fashion because it's something I'd never even attempt to do.

Just looking at my room right now supports the notion that I am destined to be disorganised. PAPERS/BOOKS EVERYWHERE. sweatdrop

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Armina Qi Saxton
I don't organize my inventory by color but by what it is. I have all my shirts, pants, dresses, etc in a specific order and it's usually by the type/style. Like, shorts go with other shorts, pants with other pants, and so on and so forth. I did that a few years ago when I realized I couldn't find half the things I wanted to use, now whenever I get something new, I put it in it's place.

The only things that are really out of place, is the collectables I have -- those go up at the very top, so that I can keep an eye on them. Just in case. >.<

I tried to organize by type of clothing too, but I confused myself at times because the type doesn't match up with the tab in the avatar customize. crying

Slumbering Tengu

I think the thing I hate the most about the current invo arranger
is that sometimes after you arrange things how you want them
a little hell-spawn of a troll* comes in and messes everything up
and you have to go in and re-arrange everything all over again
and nothing is where you put it, so it's a game of hide and seek
before you can even arrange things

FREAKING TROLL classified_fu

*what I've began thinking it is to help me cope with how much I hate it

I organize my inventory a lot
every time I get something new
it's straight to the invo arranger
or things start to pile and that's no fun

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
gum disease
Col Lengo Battuto
gum disease

I used to be pedantic about that kind of stuff, but I find the current organiser too finicky to mesh well with my laziness.
I am very impressed when people post pics of the inventories arranged by colour, usually in a rainbow fashion because it's something I'd never even attempt to do.

Just looking at my room right now supports the notion that I am destined to be disorganised. PAPERS/BOOKS EVERYWHERE. sweatdrop

My room is kind of the same way honestly. I have stuff organized, but in piles. Though whenever I actually organize my inventory how I want it, it feel like I just cleaned my room. I guess having a organized inventory is a pride of mine?
Maybe I should just give up for now and keep complaining praying for a inventory arranger update.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Oh yeah, I used to organize my inventory, but then I sold almost everything, so I'm down to bits and pieces of items.

Now that it's down to random dregs, it looks unorganized no matter what I do, which is extremely irritating to me! The tops don't look like all the same icons, the accessories are all over the place, and don't get me started on companion/animal type things. I try to line them up, but they still look weird to me.

I try not to look at it anymore. XD

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Konan Tatsuhiko
I think the thing I hate the most about the current invo arranger
is that sometimes after you arrange things how you want them
a little hell-spawn of a troll* comes in and messes everything up
and you have to go in and re-arrange everything all over again

FREAKING TROLL classified_fu

*what I've began thinking it is to help me cope with how much I hate it

I organize my inventory a lot
every time I get something new
it's straight to the invo arranger
or things start to pile and that's no fun

I HATE THAT TOO. One time that happened to me and I just screamed out loud at my computer. My housemates looked at me funny afterwards...

I'm probably going to stick with updating as much as I kind from now on. Doing it monthly is starting to become tedious (and painful!)

Decorated Nerd

My first two pages are beautifully arranged by color, and within each color via cash item> hats> face items> neck items > tops > waist > hands > legs > feet
The second two pages are a completely unruly mess. I gave up, I don't feel like it's worth my time when I can just inventory search whatever I need.

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Battery Acid Included
Oh yeah, I used to organize my inventory, but then I sold almost everything, so I'm down to bits and pieces of items.

Now that it's down to random dregs, it looks unorganized no matter what I do, which is extremely irritating to me! The tops don't look like all the same icons, the accessories are all over the place, and don't get me started on companion/animal type things. I try to line them up, but they still look weird to me.

I try not to look at it anymore. XD

When things start to not look right, I just put it in alphabetical order. That way I know it's in some kind of order.

Slumbering Tengu

Col Lengo Battuto
I HATE THAT TOO. One time that happened to me and I just screamed out loud at my computer. My housemates looked at me funny afterwards...

I'm probably going to stick with updating as much as I kind from now on. Doing it monthly is starting to become tedious (and painful!)

Yeah there comes a time when you just have to throw your hands up and go
"THAT'S IT! I'M DONE!" and walk away for a while

Oh man I couldn't imagine any more then like a week let alone a month gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out