Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
So GCD, it's been a while since I've made a thread.

As my signature says, I'm on a quest to obtain every Gold Shop item. But with that comes with a really messy inventory. I hate having messy inventories so I often find myself spending hours organizing everything just the way I want it. With the current drag and drop system we have, it can prove to be quite painful on the fingers if done on a trackpad, like I have to do.
I know Winter Hue made a thread in the Spring Cleaning proposal forum for the inventory organizer update, but so far, I haven't seen anything about it being actually put in the works.

So, spoons:
gaia_spoons Are you wanting a Inventory Organizer update? Or do you actually like the current system?
gaia_spoons Do you actually take time to organize your inventory, or just leave it cluttered?
gaia_spoons Was there any word on an update and I just missed it?

Did I make this thread well? I really hope I did. Forgive me.

Chital's Husband

Noob

I hate the current inventory organizer.
Yes I do organize my inventory...every single time I buy something. gonk

Sparkly Shapeshifter

You can select multiple items by holding down the control button.

I always move whatever new item I get into its appropriate spot immediately after I get it. Saves me the hassle in the long run.

Angelic Nitemare

Honestly, i would love the main invo screen to have a view all option, as well as a drag option, like our wishlists do.

By view all, I mean, not the all tab, but some users have multi page invos.

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
The Master of Dragons

I always move whatever new item I get into its appropriate spot immediately after I get it. Saves me the hassle in the long run.

And if you're on a Mac, it's Command~! 3nodding
I tend to buy in bulk for my quest. Shop>Select item>Buy>Okay>Repeat till I run out of funds. I should probably try your system though. It's kinda hard to keep the finger pressed down on a trackpad when trying to drag a hat item from the bottom of your inventory to the top though.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Col Lengo Battuto
The Master of Dragons

I tend to buy in bulk for my quest. Shop>Select item>Buy>Okay>Repeat till I run out of funds. I should probably try your system though. It's kinda hard to keep the finger pressed down on a trackpad when trying to drag a hat item from the bottom of your inventory to the top though.

Yeah, I can see how that can be a pain.

Gaia is aware that the inventory arranger screen is in massive need of an update by the page's title. It's not soon enough in my opinion.

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Ridley Starsmore
Honestly, i would love the main invo screen to have a view all option, as well as a drag option, like our wishlists do.

Welp. Today I learned that you can move stuff around in your wishlist! I always thought that you couldn't do that! sweatdrop

Angelic Nitemare

Col Lengo Battuto
Ridley Starsmore

Welp. Today I learned that you can move stuff around in your wishlist! I always thought that you couldn't do that! sweatdrop

it's a pretty recent addition. (Like, I wanna say the last 6 months.)

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
The Master of Dragons
Col Lengo Battuto
The Master of Dragons

Yeah, I can see how that can be a pain.

Gaia is aware that the inventory arranger screen is in massive need of an update by the page's title. It's not soon enough in my opinion.

I really hope it's soon! At least they admit that it's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY old.

Ridley Starsmore
Col Lengo Battuto
Ridley Starsmore

it's a pretty recent addition. (Like, I wanna say the last 6 months.)

That's actually really handy. It always bugged me that I couldn't group the same kind of item with each other in wishlists.

Sparkling Supporter

My invo is organized by color, though only loosely.
I can live with the system because I organized through the oranges before learning about the icon page, so it got immensely easier. Now that it's organized I just add the new items in once there's a couple. I organized my invo when it was about a age long so it wasn't so much of a hassle.
That being said updates on organization would be nice.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Col Lengo Battuto
Ridley Starsmore

Wait, seriously?!

eek

When did this happen?! Dang. I would have liked to have known that sooner.

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Starzel
My invo is organized by color, though only loosely.
I can live with the system because I organized through the oranges before learning about the icon page, so it got immensely easier. Now that it's organized I just add the new items in once there's a couple. I organized my invo when it was about a age long so it wasn't so much of a hassle.
That being said updates on organization would be nice.

emotion_jawdrop You organize your invo by color?! That must take a lot of work!
I would love them to keep the icon view. It's easier to work with then list view.

Angelic Nitemare

The Master of Dragons
Col Lengo Battuto
Ridley Starsmore

Wait, seriously?!

eek

When did this happen?! Dang. I would have liked to have known that sooner.

hehehe...I HAVE EDUCATED THE MASSES!

Demonic Citizen

User Image

Heh, I know that pain well. I would have a nice neat inventory... If it wasn't such a pain in the butt to organise. Though I do try to organise my EI/REIs and SDplus dolls, but that's really it. orz I get far too fustrated if I try anything else.

User Image

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I tried to organise mine by colour several years ago. Now I simply can't be arsed, it's too long-winded for me and I just use the inventory search if I need something. Out of sight, out of mind works well for me, I guess. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff