Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm beginning to see that this entire forum is going down the wrong road. Can I do anything to effect it? Not really, I can only make my own topics, but other than that people will still do something about it.

I'm getting sick of Prommies, I think they can just go die in a fire. Mainly because they can say what they want and people will go ahead and agree. I think thats partly why we deal with so much hostility.
Coyotecom
Strawberry-Bunny Rose
Personally, I wish that there were more recourse for those that feel like it's getting piled on them. I know I'm pissed off. and I don't care if they feel they've "won" or not.

I've emptied out my account, transferred my guild away, and am so very, yery close to being gone.
It's sad to say, but my love for Gaia is gone.
When it brings tears to your eyes on a daily basis, what can you do?
Learn to cope? I have no real clue.

Miss Shirahime: I took my trolling like a champ, but I'm not as sensitive as others.

Of course, once they started in with the daily seizures in my inbox, things did get a little lousy. neutral
but why should I have to learn to cope when all gaia does is wreck my emotions?
I just try to do my best, be true to myself, and talk to my friends... and yet when someone drives you to the point of tears, why bother?

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
<~Why let them drive you to tears?

You control yourself...and I won't continue because i don't want to sound mean.~>
Strawberry-Bunny Rose
Coyotecom
Strawberry-Bunny Rose
Personally, I wish that there were more recourse for those that feel like it's getting piled on them. I know I'm pissed off. and I don't care if they feel they've "won" or not.

I've emptied out my account, transferred my guild away, and am so very, yery close to being gone.

Miss Shirahime: I took my trolling like a champ, but I'm not as sensitive as others.

Of course, once they started in with the daily seizures in my inbox, things did get a little lousy. neutral
I just try to do my best, be true to myself, and talk to my friends... and yet when someone drives you to the point of tears, why bother?
I find lately that I am myself unsure of the advice I give, so I must bow out, and ask you to ask someone else. I have no clues.

Ignore any and all that attack you, and talk to friends.
[ Admiral Suzie ]
Pompetti
[ Admiral Suzie ]
EDIT: Next time someone says this is a phase and it's going to go away soon doesn't know what they're talking about. The GCD you once knew and loved is gone.

-shrug- Expecting that the GCD will stay like this forever without change is pretty unrealistic. It's been through prommie-wannabe fests and flame wars before, and it has been out of it too. It's not a GCD habit, it's a fact of life. Nothing is ever constant. I really can't see that people would be complaining and acting the same way today as they will three months from now.

Especially around Christmas time. That's when everyone gets all together, lovey-dovey and gift-giving and stuff. >>;
We shouldn't have to wait for Christmas for that feeling to be here, that's the problem. Somehow users have gotten the idea that it's ok to be a d**k, when it's not.

But I look at 4chan, and I don't see the hostility, like I do here. Even though it's much larger than Gaia. I dunno why there's such a difference but if Gaia ever became like 4chan then I probably wouldn't mind so much.

I don't mean the bad things about 4chan, any one who opens their eyes can see the good of that website.

I'm not saying that because these phases happen people are allowed to be jerkfaces. But you can't expect people to be happy all the time either. Sometimes it seems like GCD is going through a lot of hostility right now because a number of individuals are being real pissy and meanies. I'm not saying it isn't, but because there are a lot of people being real jerks right now, doesn't mean that everyone should get an attitude change.

And I'm not saying we have to wait until Christmas to be nice. It was just an example that the GCD isn't like this all the time.

And you can try to compare the hostilities in Gaia with hostilities in other sites like 4chan, but it's not fair to say 4channers are nicer than Gaians because the two websites are very different in their own way, which may have contributed to the hostilities within their own community. I can make a guess that part of the reason why Gaians are so hostile are because of our avatars. Unlike most other forum communities, we have an avatar that represents our monetary e-wealth, making users compare their e-wealth with others and using that as a base for elitism and whatnot. But that's just an observation.

It's just like life. People are jerks for no reason, and they think it's okay. Sometimes it feels like there are more jerks in the world than usual, sometimes it doesn't. It's the reason why we have bad days/weeks/months/whatnots. If jerkfaces exist in the real world, I don't see how it's a surprise they exist in Gaia too.
Strawberry-Bunny Rose
Coyotecom
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

You can do whatever you want Strawberry-Bunny Rose, no one should force you to stay on Gaia when you have been treated so rudely with a lack of respect and courtesy from your fellow Gaia members.

I can understand why certain people dislike others, but some of behavior that was acted upon you by other people are really uncalled for and extremely cruel from what I have seen. It is your choice how you want to take this experience though. You can stay on and try to be above all the hostility directed towards you, and make an image of yourself that you can prevail and strongarm the hardships set upon you. Or you can leave and better spend your time doing something else, much more worthier of your time, than wasting your time hanging around with a bunch of uncivilized people who won't take the time to understand your feelings.
Coyotecom
[ Admiral Suzie ]
Pompetti
[ Admiral Suzie ]
EDIT: Next time someone says this is a phase and it's going to go away soon doesn't know what they're talking about. The GCD you once knew and loved is gone.

-shrug- Expecting that the GCD will stay like this forever without change is pretty unrealistic. It's been through prommie-wannabe fests and flame wars before, and it has been out of it too. It's not a GCD habit, it's a fact of life. Nothing is ever constant. I really can't see that people would be complaining and acting the same way today as they will three months from now.

Especially around Christmas time. That's when everyone gets all together, lovey-dovey and gift-giving and stuff. >>;
We shouldn't have to wait for Christmas for that feeling to be here, that's the problem. Somehow users have gotten the idea that it's ok to be a d**k, when it's not.

But I look at 4chan, and I don't see the hostility, like I do here. Even though it's much larger than Gaia. I dunno why there's such a difference but if Gaia ever became like 4chan then I probably wouldn't mind so much.

I don't mean the bad things about 4chan, any one who opens their eyes can see the good of that website.
It's sad when I have a better time on AN INTERNET HATE MACHINE. rofl

I'm sorry about the sealeds, I've been having technical difficulties getting a job. Namely, I have a p***s, and that's frowned upon here.
sad Aw, maybe you're looking in the wrong places?

Pompetti -- I know I know, but maybe I'm still trying to get over the fact that this forum was known for it's kindness, and now it's changing. Also I live in a small town so I'm not quite used to this kind of hostility and drama.
People suck.

I think that's the root of the problem.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Tara Incognita
People suck.

I think that's the root of the problem.
you are so wise!

O.G. Gaian

Strawberry-Bunny Rose

1) Grow some balls (in the metaphorical sense).
2) Realize a site isn't worth crying over.
3) Leave.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Spencer Kun
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

3) Leave.

People like yourself that have no compassion and decency are at the root of the problem. you crudely comment to "grow some balls" ... but people are hard-wired in different ways, some may be insensitive pricks, while others are people with real emotions and feelings, and to bluntly display your hatred by saying "leave" like that?
That's just the height of being cruel.
BerryIchigo
Spencer Kun
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

3) Leave.

People like yourself that have no compassion and decency are at the root of the problem. you crudely comment to "grow some balls" ... but people are hard-wired in different ways, some may be insensitive pricks, while others are people with real emotions and feelings, and to bluntly display your hatred by saying "leave" like that?
Actually Berry, I think that he is statingthe options we all have when faced with the problem. Grow stronger than it, be less sensitive about things that strangers say, or leave it behind.

Spencer has actually done some work contributing to making the GCD a "snugglier" place. I don't think he meant any offense.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Coyotecom
BerryIchigo
Spencer Kun
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

3) Leave.

Actually Berry, I think that he is statingthe options we all have when faced with the problem. Grow stronger than it, be less sensitive about things that strangers say, or leave it behind.

Spencer has actually done some work contributing to making the GCD a "snugglier" place. I don't think he meant any offense.
Sounded more like personal dislike to me, I know there is some history there from what I've heard.
BerryIchigo
Coyotecom
BerryIchigo
Spencer Kun
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

3) Leave.

Sounded more like personal dislike to me, I know there is some history there from what I've heard.
I find it better to assume that they didn't intend to sound as mean as they do, as tone can be misconstrued online.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Coyotecom
BerryIchigo
Coyotecom
BerryIchigo
Spencer Kun
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

3) Leave.

I find it better to assume that they didn't intend to sound as mean as they do, as tone can be misconstrued online.
Perhaps, but I don't think so in this case.

Anyhow. back on topic, shall we?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces