Welcome to Gaia! ::

The rampant hostility on Gaia, and in GCD is unbelievable.
Hate topics, people mocking and flaming and harassing, it's hit an all time high.
I know certain members have quit Gaia due to hostilities, and I personally know a well known and controversial user is considering leaving for good.

Why are people like that, do you think?
Why are people such jerks lately?

Has it gotten to the point where people feel they can't be safe from stalking, or harassment?
Has it gotten so bad that people feel they must drive out other users and bully them?
What ever happened to live and let live?
Can't we all just at least cook up some civility and be kind to people?

Please discuss your opinions and your thoughts.

Thank you.
Oh, waiiiiiii.

It's funny how annoying you guys can be.

First you complain.

Then you complain about complaining.

I refuse to give peace a chance. I will, however, give it a swift kick to the groin. So it can b***h at me and then complain about Gaia's layout.
Doesn't seem more than usual to me. Occasionally I see GCD go through very generous phases, and very flaming phases. It's a cycle that goes around over and over again. Why are there more hostilities around? I can assume it's because of the summer, people are bored with the lack of events and storyline updates. Also, this huge hype about elitism, prommies and guilds. But I guess it's to be expected. It won't stay like this forever. Give it a month or two, the hostilities will die down.
Uggh I saw a forum like this before! gonk but this ones presented a bit better...but I would have to agree with you and Il Monstro.
Pompetti
Doesn't seem more than usual to me. Occasionally I see GCD go through very generous phases, and very flaming phases. It's a cycle that goes around over and over again. Why are there more hostilities around? I can assume it's because of the summer, people are bored with the lack of events and storyline updates. Also, this huge hype about elitism, prommies and guilds. But I guess it's to be expected. It won't stay like this forever. Give it a month or two, the hostilities will die down.
I'm agreeing with you, not just because you are also a turtle, but because what you say makes sense. I think it's the heat really, everyone gettng hot headed and sensitive and bitchy and some people take it out on others and some are very sensitive.

Il Monstro: Who the ******** said anything at all about the layout? This is about users not being nice to each other to the point where Gaia isn't a very fun place to be.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It's been getting worse as time has gone on, people just lack something to do, so they play their little games and mob the obvious targets.

O.G. Noob

6,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
It does go through a cycle. Unfortunately the periods of niceness only last a few hours, while bitchiness goes on for months. People get bored and decide that, since they're on the internet and have anonymity on their side, they can create their own drama. *shrug*
Coyotecom
Pompetti
I'm agreeing with you, not just because you are also a turtle, but because what you say makes sense. I think it's the heat really, everyone gettng hot headed and sensitive and bitchy and some people take it out on others and some are very sensitive.

lol. Yeah, I would agree. Plus, school is starting soon, which is making everyone a bit antsy. I guess some people are trying to complain/flame/cry/post as much as they can to make up for time lost after school begins. XP
The name of the game is to not be a target, and if you think you will be, dont say anything that would bring attention to yourself, if you're that sensitive to it.

I think if people were to follow that idea, there wouldnt be flaming, I suppose. Or there would be, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal. XD
BerryIchigo
It's been getting worse as time has gone on, people just lack something to do, so they play their little games and mob the obvious targets.
That's why I like it sometimes that I am mostly below the radar. I also try to be friends with as many as possible, but some are just straight ******** and don't deserve my friendship, or oxygen in my opinion.

But that is just my signal to leave it all alone. I don't understand how someone can have so much free time that they'd actually make organized harassments against others.
Purple Purr
It does go through a cycle. Unfortunately the periods of niceness only last a few hours, while bitchiness goes on for months. People get bored and decide that, since they're on the internet and have anonymity on their side, they can create their own drama. *shrug*
Gabe's Advanced Internet theory. Normal person+Anonymity+Audience=Total ********]
I see GDer behavior here and its bothering me. I came to this forum to escape it.

Which I find to be hilarious in a sick, ironic way, considering how this forum is supposed to hate the other. So, why emulate them? lol

The GCD is full of scummy people. I don't like the conclusion that I came to but its the truth. This forum is just as bad, if not worse than the other.

And shut up about how you don't fit into my generalization, its obvious I'm not talking about you, so don't make it about you. You're only feeding the drama wars that make people like me leave.

EDIT: Next time someone says this is a phase and it's going to go away soon doesn't know what they're talking about. The GCD you once knew and loved is gone.

Moonlight Streaker

13,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Coyotecom
BerryIchigo
That's why I like it sometimes that I am mostly below the radar. I also try to be friends with as many as possible, but some are just straight ******** and don't deserve my friendship, or oxygen in my opinion.

But that is just my signal to leave it all alone. I don't understand how someone can have so much free time that they'd actually make organized harassments against others.
Unfortunately not everyone is able to fly below the radar, as it were.
Is it a sad statement when people have to fear being noticed?

O.G. Noob

6,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
Coyotecom
Purple Purr
Gabe's Advanced Internet theory. Normal person+Anonymity+Audience=Total ********]
Yoda: Much wisdom in webcomics there is. xd

Admiral Suzie: No, it won't really ever go away. But every once in a while it does die out for a short time. Unfortunately it comes right back again. cry
Purple Purr
Coyotecom
Purple Purr
Yoda: Much wisdom in webcomics there is. xd

Admiral Suzie: No, it won't really ever go away. But every once in a while it does die out for a short time. Unfortunately it comes right back again. cry
Yeah. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong once school starts up again but I don't think that's going to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff