Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coyotecom
Pompetti
Doesn't seem more than usual to me. Occasionally I see GCD go through very generous phases, and very flaming phases. It's a cycle that goes around over and over again. Why are there more hostilities around? I can assume it's because of the summer, people are bored with the lack of events and storyline updates. Also, this huge hype about elitism, prommies and guilds. But I guess it's to be expected. It won't stay like this forever. Give it a month or two, the hostilities will die down.
I'm agreeing with you, not just because you are also a turtle, but because what you say makes sense. I think it's the heat really, everyone gettng hot headed and sensitive and bitchy and some people take it out on others and some are very sensitive.

Il Monstro: Who the ******** said anything at all about the layout? This is about users not being nice to each other to the point where Gaia isn't a very fun place to be.

I'm just giving at example of how the GCD is. We're mean to each other and then we disrespect the site. It's essentially not that big of a deal. People unleash their wrath on those they never feel obligated to apologize to in the end. I'd rather someone b***h me out here then penting it up and taking it out on someone in the real world.
[ Admiral Suzie ]
I see GDer behavior here and its bothering me. I came to this forum to escape it.

Which I find to be hilarious in a sick, ironic way, considering how this forum is supposed to hate the other. So, why emulate them? lol

The GCD is full of scummy people. I don't like the conclusion that I came to but its the truth. This forum is just as bad, if not worse than the other.

And shut up about how you don't fit into my generalization, its obvious I'm not talking about you, so don't make it about you. You're only feeding the drama wars that make people like me leave.

EDIT: Next time someone says this is a phase and it's going to go away soon doesn't know what they're talking about. The GCD you once knew and loved is gone.
Where can you go from here? I'm slowly migrating back to the GD and Battle.

Versatile Businesswoman

The whole internet is like that. sweatdrop Even Gaia can't escape it.
Coyotecom
[ Admiral Suzie ]
I see GDer behavior here and its bothering me. I came to this forum to escape it.

Which I find to be hilarious in a sick, ironic way, considering how this forum is supposed to hate the other. So, why emulate them? lol

The GCD is full of scummy people. I don't like the conclusion that I came to but its the truth. This forum is just as bad, if not worse than the other.

And shut up about how you don't fit into my generalization, its obvious I'm not talking about you, so don't make it about you. You're only feeding the drama wars that make people like me leave.

EDIT: Next time someone says this is a phase and it's going to go away soon doesn't know what they're talking about. The GCD you once knew and loved is gone.
I dunno. Thankfully I have a job now, so I'm not on Gaia so much anymore. I kinda drift back and forth between the two forums now.

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
<~I really don't see these hostilities that you speak of.~>
Personally, I wish that there were more recourse for those that feel like it's getting piled on them. I know I'm pissed off. and I don't care if they feel they've "won" or not.

I've emptied out my account, transferred my guild away, and am so very, yery close to being gone.
It's sad to say, but my love for Gaia is gone.
When it brings tears to your eyes on a daily basis, what can you do?
[ Admiral Suzie ]

-shrug- Expecting that the GCD will stay like this forever without change is pretty unrealistic. It's been through prommie-wannabe fests and flame wars before, and it has been out of it too. It's not a GCD habit, it's a fact of life. Nothing is ever constant. I really can't see that people would be complaining and acting the same way today as they will three months from now.

Especially around Christmas time. That's when everyone gets all together, lovey-dovey and gift-giving and stuff. >>;
Pompetti
[ Admiral Suzie ]

-shrug- Expecting that the GCD will stay like this forever without change is pretty unrealistic. It's been through prommie-wannabe fests and flame wars before, and it has been out of it too. It's not a GCD habit, it's a fact of life. Nothing is ever constant. I really can't see that people would be complaining and acting the same way today as they will three months from now.

Especially around Christmas time. That's when everyone gets all together, lovey-dovey and gift-giving and stuff. >>;
We shouldn't have to wait for Christmas for that feeling to be here, that's the problem. Somehow users have gotten the idea that it's ok to be a d**k, when it's not.

But I look at 4chan, and I don't see the hostility, like I do here. Even though it's much larger than Gaia. I dunno why there's such a difference but if Gaia ever became like 4chan then I probably wouldn't mind so much.

I don't mean the bad things about 4chan, any one who opens their eyes can see the good of that website.
[ Admiral Suzie ]
Coyotecom
[ Admiral Suzie ]

I dunno. Thankfully I have a job now, so I'm not on Gaia so much anymore. I kinda drift back and forth between the two forums now.
Be my sugar momma? heart

Miss Shirahime: You've never pissed all over an elitist's ideas. I used to do it daily when I was a helper, and they can get prissy about it. rofl

Rose: It's a bad thing when a sight like Gaia gets to the point where you don't want to be here. I've felt lie that a few times myself, but I have so many friends...
To me, it seems like a cycle, but people seem to be donating more often in the GCD now?

Loads of people want the new MCs and loads of other people are donating letters to the people who want them.
Coyotecom
[ Admiral Suzie ]
Coyotecom
[ Admiral Suzie ]

Be my sugar momma? heart

Miss Shirahime: You've never pissed all over an elitist's ideas. I used to do it daily when I was a helper, and they can get prissy about it. rofl

Rose: It's a bad thing when a sight like Gaia gets to the point where you don't want to be here. I've felt lie that a few times myself, but I have so many friends...
You told me that you'd be a sealed supplier a year ago. scream

(I actually just got my debit card, and I don't make much money so I'm really only expecting to buy 3 letters a month. I need to save up for other things, and sealeds aren't very tangible.)

Adorable Trash

Strawberry-Bunny Rose
Personally, I wish that there were more recourse for those that feel like it's getting piled on them. I know I'm pissed off. and I don't care if they feel they've "won" or not.

I've emptied out my account, transferred my guild away, and am so very, yery close to being gone.

I'll tell you what I told Maymaymay. Just take a break. ILU Rose (even if we don't always see eye-to-eye on things,) and certainly don't want to see you gone. heart
[ Admiral Suzie ]
Pompetti
[ Admiral Suzie ]

We shouldn't have to wait for Christmas for that feeling to be here, that's the problem. Somehow users have gotten the idea that it's ok to be a d**k, when it's not.

But I look at 4chan, and I don't see the hostility, like I do here. Even though it's much larger than Gaia. I dunno why there's such a difference but if Gaia ever became like 4chan then I probably wouldn't mind so much.

I don't mean the bad things about 4chan, any one who opens their eyes can see the good of that website.
It's sad when I have a better time on AN INTERNET HATE MACHINE. rofl

I'm sorry about the sealeds, I've been having technical difficulties getting a job. Namely, I have a p***s, and that's frowned upon here.

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Coyotecom
Be my sugar momma? heart

<~Well, you can pee and still be nice.
If you can't fight your battles and stay in a virtual world...how can you fight your battles and stay in a real world?~>
Strawberry-Bunny Rose

Learn to cope? I have no real clue.

Miss Shirahime: I took my trolling like a champ, but I'm not as sensitive as others.

Of course, once they started in with the daily seizures in my inbox, things did get a little lousy. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff