Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

Ive been having to raise prices on my pony art shop too. Ive been content selling them cheaply, (since I think there's more of a market for humans drawn than ponies xD) but Ive had to raise prices at least twice and make backgrounds bribes offers only since inflation is just too wild. Ive had users willingly pay more for them, but I hate the fact of raising prices. I still consider my new prices reasonable in this day and age, but I still dont like that this inflation had forced me to do so.

Commander in Chief

Nocturneous
Ive been having to raise prices on my pony art shop too. Ive been content selling them cheaply, (since I think there's more of a market for humans drawn than ponies xD) but Ive had to raise prices at least twice and make backgrounds bribes offers only since inflation is just too wild. Ive had users willingly pay more for them, but I hate the fact of raising prices. I still consider my new prices reasonable in this day and age, but I still dont like that this inflation had forced me to do so.
Today is my birthday and it is also April Fools and it is also a day that is not in March? Let's have cake! Bye bye!
solorn
Yeah.
And if you want to do RLC don't work for pittance. Better work for free, practice more or for virtual currency, that way nobody can tell you what to do and how to do it while you slave yourself away.

I'm sad that this inflation ruined my fun on marketplace. I used to hunt for best prices. Now I have no idea what best prices are.

I do agree that artists shouldn't underprice too severely, but I am quickly approaching that point where I'm thinking of doing discounted RLCs to drum up some business, just because that's at least stable. I mean, as much as I enjoy both Gaia and art (and doing art on Gaia), gg and items don't pay for my bills.

Haha, same for me. ^^ I've gotten some great deals, and other times not so much due to the RIGs and in general, re-releases. Now, if I want something then I'll try to catch it when it's around ABP or only a little higher. Otherwise I'll have to really consider how much I want it.

havockitty
I am an artists to and one on the low end of pricing , but when i see littelry scribble headshots going for 800K to a millions is boggles my mind. The autions are jsut to inflated to keep up with anymore.

Well, even sketching takes some time though, and a million now is probably equivalent to 10k a few years ago. Maybe even less, with so many gold generators in the last couple months.

I agree that the inflation is hard to keep up with, but as bad as it is, 1mil is starting to be seriously cheap for any art.

Commander in Chief

Kurienze
solorn
Yeah.
And if you want to do RLC don't work for pittance. Better work for free, practice more or for virtual currency, that way nobody can tell you what to do and how to do it while you slave yourself away.

I'm sad that this inflation ruined my fun on marketplace. I used to hunt for best prices. Now I have no idea what best prices are.

I do agree that artists shouldn't underprice too severely, but I am quickly approaching that point where I'm thinking of doing discounted RLCs to drum up some business, just because that's at least stable. I mean, as much as I enjoy both Gaia and art (and doing art on Gaia), gg and items don't pay for my bills.

Haha, same for me. ^^ I've gotten some great deals, and other times not so much due to the RIGs and in general, re-releases. Now, if I want something then I'll try to catch it when it's around ABP or only a little higher. Otherwise I'll have to really consider how much I want it.

havockitty
I am an artists to and one on the low end of pricing , but when i see littelry scribble headshots going for 800K to a millions is boggles my mind. The autions are jsut to inflated to keep up with anymore.

Well, even sketching takes some time though, and a million now is probably equivalent to 10k a few years ago. Maybe even less, with so many gold generators in the last couple months.

I agree that the inflation is hard to keep up with, but as bad as it is, 1mil is starting to be seriously cheap for any art.
Did you know that there used to be an instrument called the katzenklavier in which cats are caged and then hit with nails to meow out a tune? That sounds bad, especially for Rufus! Poor Rufus, have some cake!
until this super-inflation has gone down, I kinda just stop buying item cash...I reuse to give real to a site that can't get there priorities straight. This is real sad how item that were about 3mil are not like 100bil or more..*sighs*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff