Hello.

Good Evening 0.24 24.0% [ 18 ]
Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Tipsy Pirate

If I was a mod I'd start monday night flame derbies between two singled out GCDers randomly selected. The thread would just be them posting against eachother in a flame contest seeing what embarrassing bs the other pulls up to harass the opponent. It would be a messy brawl of words and wit, and gold would be gambled. The following tuesday debts would be collected and those who dont follow through would be bant from the forum for the week. It would be a real horrorshow, I tell you wat. pirate

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
After seeing the amount of s**t mod get from users, I don't think I could be a mod. I mean I applied for a position and got accepted into training a few years ago, but I never went through with it (mostly because I was busy). Now I'd much rather be a forum assistant since my only job then would be to move threads.

Magic Hobo

I'd be the most power-mad, petty, vindictive asswipe mod you ever saw.

Exactly what the GCD needs, in other words.

Unfortunately, I'll never be eligible because that would require going out of my way to file reports without actually being in a position of power yet. All the work and none of the reward? Tchyeah.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Honestly, you don't know what kind of mod you are going to be till you become one.
There is alot more that happens behind the scenes that users aren't aware of and when you become involved with that sort of stuff your perception of the whole site changes xP

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
If I were a mod, I'd probably disappear from the site at large. I wouldn't have much time socializing because of all the friggin' oversized signatures and misplaced threads I see everywhere. It would eat up my time just trying to correct things.

Alien Invader

I would be so mean. xd I used to moderate years ago on what was once the 2nd largest Tolkien fansite (omg dork) and I was the youngest and strictest. Moving threads, deleting, banning, banning, banning.
You banned.
You banned.
You warned.
Damn, you banned.

I'd probably go full mod nazi on Gaia because this website has about 1,000% more trolling on a regular basis. So, I've never applied. xD
I think it would depend on the forums I moderate but if it were trashier forums then probably not...

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

If I was a mod, I'd get booted off the team within two months.

Oh wait, that already happened. emotion_awesome

Dedicated Conventioneer

>.>

Back in the times of yore long before I became Queen of Whlte-- I was in fact a mod.

I specifically chose forums I didn't participate in to remain unbiased. It gave me a new appreciation for chatterbox actually. I quite like chatterbox users now.

I was a laid back mod. I answered reports and looked for threads with "adult content"... a lot of role playing threads were culprits back then. Twas quite disturbing.

Then I moved across country and took a hiatus. When I returned to Gaia, I realized I liked being able to stroll into towns without people screaming "HEY> HEY> WHY IS UR NAME GREEN!" and "UR A SCRIPTER! REPORTed!!11one"

Thus I return here. Being Queen is a far less demanding position. wink

Star Champion

i would want to hide my mod status becUse ill get shamed from my forum
and i dont want to hangout w u losers

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
I was an awesome mod. cool Balanced everything pretty nicely, was never afraid to post anything but knew when I shouldn't, and never turned into a yes man for staff. I just lost interest over time. Seven years isn't a bad run though I'd think. whee The work itself isn't too hard. It's having the right personality and attitude about it that snags people up.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I would want to moderate zOMG for cyber, spamming and people shouting foul language around the place

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Mermaid Eater
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

rofl

@OP:

I'd be laid back, and I'd try to be as social as possible on the forum I'm assigned to.
I'm a firm believer that mods should at least be some-what social (Of course, if at all possible)
Laid back, but I'd still make sure everyone follows rules.
Oh gosh, that would be so awesome! But I don't think I'd be a very good one since I'm so used to ignoring some posts, that I'd neglect reporting them. sweatdrop

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i'd like to be a mod if i had time but i'm too busy. emotion_8c

i'd like to still be as social and laid-back as i am now but i'd probably avoid towns and other flash spaces, since it's already bad enough as an FA having people ask me about their bans and hackings all the time when i don't even deal with those. sweatdrop and the "IT'S A MOD, ATTACK IT"/"OH NO A MOD IS HERE, NOW WE CAN'T HAVE ANY FUN" attitudes kind of make me sad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff