Hello.

Good Evening 0.24 24.0% [ 18 ]
Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Stellar Succubus

Having thought on it more, I realise I'm poor mod material because I still make stuff ups. I do like to help in Q&A, but answering questions in there makes me realise how little I actually really understand some of our rules.

I am sure training would help, but I still don't know how mods cope with the extra attention their name gives them... gotta have a much thicker skin than I have.

Shadowy Gaian

14,375 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
Crystal Sparda

Can't remember offhand where, but I have heard that
    using the spoiler tag isn't a loophole to get around the restrictions.
    The images in signatures load, regardless of whether they're in a spoiler tag or not.
    If the image is over 100k bytes or 500x500 pixels,
    it is still over the restricted limit, so thus it is still a violation.
    I feel awkward being the first colored name in here. >w>;

Aww dang. I can't get it smaller on my ipod though. Ill try and ask someone. Thanks for the help.

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
What I think I would do and what I would actually do are two different things. I usually try to base my behaviour and reactions case-by-case. If I could be a little loose, great. But there are times when, as a mod, you would need to be strict.

Being professional and fair would be what I would strive for I think. Making sure I don't favour, and letting some users slip while giving others the third degree.

I don't know much about moving of the topics because I'm fairly new to the forums. So I have no comments on how I would do things there. I myself have probably posted topics in the wrong forum.....

As for having a normal Gaian life while being in a mod position... Is it even possible? And what would be considered a normal life? I would certainly do all the things I did before, but there would be a new element of keeping everyone else in line. So if that was my new life, then I guess that would be the new norm.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Honestly, I think i’d be a pretty fair yet tough mod. I’d be sure to do my job as well as I could and remove all the rule breaking and misplaced threads . I would socalize some in the forums, but not where I moderate.

Its not about being given the chance, but I’d apply myself If I had the time . Honestly I’d rather be a mod than a forum assistant.

Smitten Kitten

I was a mod for 6+ years.
I was fairly tough. sweatdrop I socialized in the forums that I modded - mainly Music, Entertainment, and the Q&A.
I attempted to have a normal life on Gaia but honestly, most of my time was spent doing mod things. It was no cake walk but an experience that I enjoyed. 3nodding

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

I would remove/move all the missplaced threads!!!
scream

Perfect Pumpkin

keikie namo
Ridley Starsmore
Already applied, just waiting to hear back.

Cant we get a vote on this? You're kinda unfit to be a mod in my book ('specially after witnessing that fiasco in the copy-cat thread)
You don't really need to worry about taking a vote. Not up to you to make that decision.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I would probably be an unfit mod. Not because I cause drama or don't know the rules. I just don't like that kind of pressure or have the amount of time it takes to do a proper job at it. I'd be paranoid that I made the wrong decision by being too light or too harsh on someone and then getting called on it later.

Plus I probably have one too many warnings. lol I haven't had one in years though.

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
Being a Mod is quite a lot of responsibility to bear. I don't think I'll ever be qualified for that sort of a job. cat_sweatdrop

Besides, adventuring is a much better job for me. I love adventures! cat_biggrin
I don't think I'd ever apply to be a mod. I feel like it'd be something like a second part time job. And just thinking about it, I feel like there wouldn't be a very equal job work load to work satisfaction. But that's just me. It's a job that someone has to do.

Liberal Fatcat

The GD would both hiss and shiver in their boots at the very utterance of my name. twisted

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
dreamsk
I would probably be an unfit mod. Not because I cause drama or don't know the rules. I just don't like that kind of pressure or have the amount of time it takes to do a proper job at it. I'd be paranoid that I made the wrong decision by being too light or too harsh on someone and then getting called on it later.

Plus I probably have one too many warnings. lol I haven't had one in years though.
A few hours later I go onto a different forum site I frequent and go, "...well this looks different." I got a message from the admin that from reporting 350 topics in the past two days, he appointed me honorary mod so he wouldn't receive anymore messages on his phone about spam. lol It's not too active of a forum, but occasionally there's a few spammers that want to sell drugs to the community. I still fear for my life that I'll do something incorrect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff