Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Mysterious Trickster

OddBird

yeah man they enforce the signature limits
but because you can immediately re-enable a signature its not always readily apparent to a reporter
heck ive even slipped up once when i was taking a break and another mod disabled my signature, good mods are impartial 3nodding

Perhaps something can be done about that. Instead of a gold limit, why not a day limit? 5-day disabled signature? If the offense happens again, it' 10 days. It continues until there is a 30 day disabled signature, after that, it's disabled for good. As a mod (are you taking a break, or not doing it anymore?), how do you feel about something like that?

Kawaii Carnivore

I think I would only accept to be a mod for the Wg if Myin ( such a good Mod and Wger °w°b) ever had to quit , because I know all the regulars there and because , well, we have nearly none misplaced threads . It ' s a quiet and discreet sub-forum .We might have been put under the CB this year ( why ? I really wonder , we have nothing in common , and CBers rarely come to pay us a visit anyway ) .

Everyone ' s a sweetheart over there . Yes , I would be aiming for a peaceful and uneventful Mod life <3.

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

VVhip
If I were a mod, I'd be utterly s**t at the job. I modded in a guild and kept accidentally editing other people's posts.

I'd probably be the same. On an old art forum I used to mod the administrator wasn't on that much and we had a massive bot problem, so she gave me the password to her admin account for emergencies. I ended up IP banning myself. sweatdrop

Anxious Gaian

11,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I'd most likely forget that I was a mod and lurk as usual.

Shadowy Gaian

14,375 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
I would be a terrible MOD. I get scared by thinking 'i should report them but ...' *cringes and hides*

In otherwords i don't like confrontation. Althought i dislike mods who arent consistent! I posted a CB post one day and had 1 (yes ONE) spelling mistake and got an absolute bolloking for it. Yet many other posts are all 'i brigns teh bouyzzz too the yadrs.' And worse.

Also past Mods, can i get some confirmation on signatures? Do 'spoiler' buttons count as a way to get round the size issues? I got a warning for it being too large, but am unable to make it smaller.

Tricky Cat

Kain-Senpai
Aprinn
500px 500px signatures would be enforced.
I'd even remove my own, to make the point further.

I would be your best friend, then. 90% of my reports are based on signatures. I've reported a Staff signature twice because it broke the limits.

If I were a mod, I would be strict. Mods are the police. Police uphold the laws. Mods uphold the rules. No one is above them. Users would hate me, but I wouldn't care. I'm there to do a job. Don't like it, don't break the rules.

500px by 500px aren't technically allowed, one day I was lurking, I reported anything AT or above 500px and got a mod message me sayin
Darien S.
Hey there, I want to talk to you about a few recent reports you've made against signature. In your reports you stated:

Quote:
According to the signature update page, signatures are to be less than 500px by 500px.

Not "less than or equal to 500px"

This signature is 500px in height, therefore breaking the rule.

While I do see where you're coming from with how the signature page is worded, we do allow images in signatures as long as they do not exceed 500 pixels height and/or width. So if an image (or combination of images) are exactly 500 pixels tall and/or wide then it's fine. ^^ Same goes for the 100,000 byte limit, if an image (or combination of images) are exactly 100,000 bytes then it's fine to use. 3nodding

Thanks!

Gaia Online Site Moderator

Which bothers me.
the rules need to be rewritten or mods need to accept 500px isnt allowed.

Big Bunny

✦ wouldnt want to be a mod but if i got paid id be chill

Perfect Pumpkin

Aprinn
Kain-Senpai
Aprinn

I would be your best friend, then. 90% of my reports are based on signatures. I've reported a Staff signature twice because it broke the limits.

If I were a mod, I would be strict. Mods are the police. Police uphold the laws. Mods uphold the rules. No one is above them. Users would hate me, but I wouldn't care. I'm there to do a job. Don't like it, don't break the rules.

500px by 500px aren't technically allowed, one day I was lurking, I reported anything AT or above 500px and got a mod message me sayin
Darien S.
Hey there, I want to talk to you about a few recent reports you've made against signature. In your reports you stated:

Quote:
According to the signature update page, signatures are to be less than 500px by 500px.

While I do see where you're coming from with how the signature page is worded, we do allow images in signatures as long as they do not exceed 500 pixels height and/or width. So if an image (or combination of images) are exactly 500 pixels tall and/or wide then it's fine. ^^ Same goes for the 100,000 byte limit, if an image (or combination of images) are exactly 100,000 bytes then it's fine to use. 3nodding

Thanks!

Which bothers me.
I totally agree with you. There are a lot of posted rules that don't fit with what is accepted. There needs to be someone assigned with sitting down and reviewing all of the rules and guidlines for the entire site.

Tricky Cat

J 4 C K
Aprinn
Kain-Senpai
Aprinn

Darien S.

Quote:

Thanks!

Which bothers me.
I totally agree with you. There are a lot of posted rules that don't fit with what is accepted. There needs to be someone assigned with sitting down and reviewing all of the rules and guidlines for the entire site.

Metaphorical tip

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

TazzyC123
Also past Mods, can i get some confirmation on signatures? Do 'spoiler' buttons count as a way to get round the size issues? I got a warning for it being too large, but am unable to make it smaller.

███ W E'V E G O T S T O R Y ██████
XXand XXI'm XXabout XXto XXchange XXthe XXending. . .
      ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Can't remember offhand where, but I have heard that
        using the spoiler tag isn't a loophole to get around the restrictions.
        The images in signatures load, regardless of whether they're in a spoiler tag or not.
        If the image is over 100k bytes or 500x500 pixels,
        it is still over the restricted limit, so thus it is still a violation.
        I feel awkward being the first colored name in here. >w>;

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
XXXXXXXXXXBaby, XXXXXXXXwill XXXXbe
████ Y O U R E V E R Y T H I N G ██████

Ladykiller

I know I'd be a horrible mod. -0- I sign onto Gaia to fart around, not to have any real responsibility. So maybe if I were a mod I'd respond to all complaints with reactions gifs. xD

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Kain-Senpai
OddBird

but because you can immediately re-enable a signature its not always readily apparent to a reporter
heck ive even slipped up once when i was taking a break and another mod disabled my signature, good mods are impartial 3nodding

Perhaps something can be done about that. Instead of a gold limit, why not a day limit? 5-day disabled signature? If the offense happens again, it' 10 days. It continues until there is a 30 day disabled signature, after that, it's disabled for good. As a mod (are you taking a break, or not doing it anymore?), how do you feel about something like that?
nah, i stepped down from modding to join the navy - i could go back but there would be no point given how my availability will be moving forward

a system like that would be good but only for certain content - like sexual stuff or password phishing links, etc

they dont really want to be harsh on people over something as insignificant as signature filesize anyway, and the system as it is works really well - the fees just increase indefinitely so if you are intentionally violating the rules you'll have to start shoring up da big gold

Mysterious Trickster

OddBird
Kain-Senpai
OddBird

nah, i stepped down from modding to join the navy - i could go back but there would be no point given how my availability will be moving forward

a system like that would be good but only for certain content - like sexual stuff or password phishing links, etc

they dont really want to be harsh on people over something as insignificant as signature filesize anyway, and the system as it is works really well - the fees just increase indefinitely so if you are intentionally violating the rules you'll have to start shoring up da big gold

::wants to shake your hand personally:: Since I can't do that, I will say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! heart

Hm... I'll take your suggestions. I'll think more about this before putting it up in SF.

Questionable Mage

I'm too shy + lazy; I barely get myself to post as a user with no responsibility.

Korean Onee's Waifu

I've participated in moderator / administrative roles on various sites before.

The kind of moderator that I would be is one that enforces the rules, but in a manner that doesn't come off as a negative to the community. I would like to pose as an ideal role model for many individuals so my actions would have to be carefully thought over.

At this time, I don't think I would participate as a mod. It's nice being able to see how well they contribute to making the community a better place, and from past experiences, I've discovered that it really wasn't for me.

I'd socialize regardless. However, it really depends on what the higher up ranks prefer. If not, then I'd just hop on another mule/account and chat away.

My Gaia life would pretty much be the same! ( Just with mod duties attached! ) I'd first make sure to do my mod duties and then take some time to balance out my duties with whatever it is I prefer to do during my extra hours.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff