Hello.

Good Evening 0.24 24.0% [ 18 ]
Good Morning 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Good Night 0.18666666666667 18.7% [ 14 ]
Meow. 0.38666666666667 38.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 75 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Friendly Regular

What kind of Moderator do you think you would be?

I saw a thread in the GD about a mod, and the question just kinda popped up in my own little mind.
If you had the chance, and the time, would you apply to be a mod?
Would you be a really tough mod, or would you be laid back?
Would you socialize in the forums you also moderate?
Would you try to have a normal Gaia life even though you have duties to perform?

I know there are a lot of mods who post in forums, and I know there are several in the GCD too.
EDIT: I guess I should maybe add Forum Asstistant.
Would you rather be one or the other?

Also, I really like your answers. (:
Keep it up!

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I'd be the banginest mod that ever banged.

I probably wouldn't socialize a whole lot, but it would depend on which of my accounts held the mod status.

I'd be fairly laid back.
Unless you were trolling/harassing/flaming.
Then I'd be strict as balls biggrin

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
~~If I were a mod~~

I'd prolly piss everyone off when I s**t on them for posting in misplaced threads.

I'm a bit of a queen b***h when it comes to the GCD. Babby needs a diaper change.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I was a Mod. I guess I was sorta social and slightly more laid back. Not a whole lot of serious offenses in the Manga subforum. Just lots of spam and low content threads.

Nice just being a regular user again. I can lurk without feeling like should be policing behavior.
If I were a Mod I'd probably hella abuse my power and ban all the losers who link to tumblrs full of over-PG13 material. I wouldn't give a damn if it was as minor as smutty roleplaying to as serious as a tumblr full of nothing but hardcore pr0nographic noodz (which I encountered recently hjfghfjlhvgfhy Dx).

Honestly, if I had my way, I'd probably ban tumblr from Gaia entirely. But it'd be unfair of me to take my hatred for that site out on people who don't use theirs for nasty crap. o;

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If i were a mod I'd be as robot-y as I could get and give robot answers to every disciplinary action just to make people think i was a bot and not a real person, so they wouldn't bother or stalk me later on. i would also use an account i rarely log onto unless to do mod duties because i wouldn't want anyone knowing it was me because the reality is that once you become a mod people will act differently towards you, because most people on gaia are teenagers and teenagers respond a certain way to what they perceive are authority figures.

in the end, all would amount to nothing significant to my life goals because ultimately i would be spending time essentially doing free unpaid labor, feel bitter about it, ask myself what the ******** i am doing with my time, and do a half-assed job and eventually get 'fired' from the volunteer work because users will complain about my robot answers once they figure out that no, i am not a bot.

bleep boop beep

Cluttered Champion

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

Stellar Succubus

If I were a mod, I'd be utterly s**t at the job. I modded in a guild and kept accidentally editing other people's posts.

That'd be what I'd end up doing. Stupid s**t without thinking. I think I've had a couple of formal warnings so modship is out for me anyway.

I wouldn't mind being an FA if it meant all I had to do was move topics to where they belong, but even then, I'd second guess what belonged where.

But I really give no crap about eFame, so I wouldn't want that attention a green name could bring.
GDragoness

What kind of Moderator do you think you would be?

I saw a thread in the GD about a mod, and the question just kinda popped up in my own little mind.
If you had the chance, and the time, would you apply to be a mod?
Would you be a really tough mod, or would you be laid back?
Would you socialize in the forums you also moderate?
Would you try to have a normal Gaia life even though you have duties to perform?

I know there are a lot of mods who post in forums, and I know there are several in the GCD too.

I would ban EVERYONE!!!!!

Tricky Cat

500px 500px signatures would be enforced.
I'd even remove my own, to make the point further.

I'd delete redundant threads in the GCD (read as: RIG ITEM LIST, RIG ART LIST, RIG HOW TO GET LIST, and the RIG, Y/N? Threads) and PM them to collaborate with other users to make a megathread.

I'd start removing spam on sight, since I lurk so god damned much (read as : I post, but lurk in far more abundance)

Mermaid Eater
YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN, YOU GET A PERMA BAN

ERRBODY GET A PERMA BAN

Id ban this ***** for public nudity.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
you can't be a normal gaian if you are a mod c'est impossible
and i'd never want to be a mod again you think you know you have no idea like no idea

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
A super lazy one.

Angelic Nitemare

Already applied, just waiting to hear back.

Sparkling Transmutator

Aprinn
I'd delete redundant threads in the GCD (read as: RIG ITEM LIST, RIG ART LIST, RIG HOW TO GET LIST, and the RIG, Y/N? Threads) and PM them to collaborate with other users to make a megathread.

Such a collaboration would be near impossible right after the release. Plus if such threads were deleted, I doubt each one of the thread makers would want to start back from scratch and collaborate with the others at the same time. You ask too much, you ask too much~

Also they aren't redundant considering they are taking and featuring different aspects of the RIG. It is like saying it is redundant for science to have different fields because science should all be discussed at once and be written about in only one book and be taught by only one professor in only one college. Subcategories are important. Or by your collaboration example, taught by 4-5 professors all teaching at once while using the same chalk board.

Plus if said subcategories (aka the RIG threads) are each enjoyed and fit within the bounds of the rules, I don't see an issue. ;3

If I were a mod I would overturn your modding. XD
This of course is coming from a list maker who doesn't understand all the fuss.

Tricky Cat

Winter Hue

The original posts could easily be squeezed down to one post per section.
One post for the art.
One post for the item list.
One post for the tallying of what came from what.
OP for "Heres where you go!"

Could function like a collaboration art shop. Each list helper grabs a section, reserves and works on it.

And they really are redundant, they all end up with the same conversations in them. Even this month there were two? Maybe three? MC threads. Same discussions in each.

If there were more indepth conversations in the threads, I wouldnt mind, but they all seem to be repetitions of "I dont like this item because REASON HERE." or "OMG I LOVE THE EYES IN THIS ITAM" or even "lol good art!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff