Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Yes, ranting oldbies. Their all over this forum. And who would blame them, we have repeat topic after repeat topic after repeat topic, missplaced threads, and no rules or guidelines for this forum. We need a sticky with what is acceptable in this forum, and what is not.

Becuase if I see another 'gambino or van helson' poll, I will SPEW.

Seriously, yes this does cover a lot, I understand, but we only need ONE gambino army, Only ONE "why we love gambino/vh" only ONE "I dont support war" and only ONE "omg the npc matchups". Sticky the WAAAAY common topics!

Please. Some guidelines, I beg of you.
True, the ranting oldbies are annoying. (rather like OAPs), but people should be able to voice there beleifs be that in Gambino or Von Helson, in as many armys as they want.

Ice Heart's Queen

If they were readible and not [Message Not Viewable] thing there is rules--they just dont go against repeat topics from my memory.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6392197

Also if you read one of Jakobo's jounrels the admins are purposely letting this forum have free form to develop so that then rules can be inplaced around what is already acceptable and non acceptable

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
*sighs*

People have been saying that since this Forum started.

And of course the same reply is, "It's new, we have to let it grow into itself".

Fark that s**t, that's just an excuse to be lazy ********.

And I know of one Forum-Helper who wanted to move stuff but was told not to, all based on that same stupid reason, "The forum is new".

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
and the ranting oldbie remark=note I am one too ^^
I posted the same thing when GCD was still young and flooded with Liam Official (the irony of this "Official" wink Fanthreads, but nobody took me serious.

I mean it, we must watch out before it turns out to be a new Chatterbox and the admins decide to close it, just like they did with the Personals.

I support you, Deandriea. You go, girl.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Y'see, the easiest way out of this problem would be to do what the Final Fantasy subforum has done.

Because the "Who is your favourite character?" threads were repeated over and over again, they made a sticky just for discussing your favourite character. I think the same has happened for other repeat topics in there, like the new movies and things.

All we need in this forum is a sticky titled something along the lines of: "Gambino or Von Helson!?". People who want to discuss the rivalry can without making needless threads, and the repeat topics can be moved to the recycle bin for not looking at the stickies. ninja

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
DrusillaRaintree
I posted the same thing when GCD was still young and flooded with Liam Official (the irony of this "Official" wink Fanthreads, but nobody took me serious.

I mean it, we must watch out before it turns out to be a new Chatterbox and the admins decide to close it, just like they did with the Personals.

I support you, Deandriea. You go, girl.
thanks, lets get tighter reign in here
@seth: YES thats what we need.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Deandriea

Of course, it's making the assumption that people actually read stickies. sweatdrop

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Seth Darkheart
Deandriea

Of course, it's making the assumption that people actually read stickies. sweatdrop
which is a no there..but it woudlcut back SOME f the spam...hopefully..possibly..maybe..

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Seth Darkheart
Deandriea

ALOT actually don't read them.

I sometimes don't, but then again, I've been around a long time, I still read them tho.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Deandriea
which is a no there..but it woudlcut back SOME f the spam...hopefully..possibly..maybe..

Well, it'd give helpers permission to move Gambino Vs Von Helson threads, and things.

If they stickied the longest-running Gambino thread, and whichever thread is the longest-running Von Helson thread, then we wouldn't have to worry about the "Let's start an army!" threads, either.

I know it'd be harder for the moderators to control, but I'm sure that after people had been directed to the stickies once or twice the threads would eventually die out. Well, hopefully.

Seyli: Mmhmm. It's a shame, really. But then if something is laid out in a sticky and isn't adhered to, then they can still move the topics to the recycle bin, regardless of whether the creator read the sticky or not. xd
but no one reads stickies, or rants.
kaykeyser
but no one reads stickies, or rants.

They should _force_ people then.
If all the Gambino armies banded together and all the Von Helson armies banded together... well, it would be quite scary, except that many people are probably already in multiple armies, hehehe. Even so, putting all those rabid fans in the same room... *points to sign below, hehe*

Seriously though, that's a pretty decent idea. A few stickies, or maybe a sub-forum, would help clear out some glut, not to mention it might solve some of the problem of competition for the first page of topics, since I'd assume most of the threads, once they get dropped past the first few pages, don't get seen anymore unless they get bumped. With fewer excess threads, other unique stuff would have a better chance to shine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff