Welcome to Gaia! ::

Estaith's Queen

Bashful Browser

So it's quite obvious at this point that GC keeps Gaia afloat and greases the gears of the website. Back when GC was first introduced, the prices and methods to buy GC were totally fine. After all, who would ever need $100 worth of GC?

Well, times have changed, and yet the GC system has not. You can still only buy in increments of $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100, and really nothing has changed except for the fact that there are near-constant sales on cash.

You still cannot gift Gaia Cash to someone else. Which is ridiculous, in my opinion. At this point, there SHOULD be an option to be able to buy GC and give it to someone else. This would allow the non-GC-buying users to be able to obtain GC from someone who DOES buy it. You could buy gifts for friends without having to know exactly what they want from the cash shop. Artists could finally ask for GC in payment for their art and receive it safely from Gaia. Non-GC buying users could receive GC as gifts and save up!

Pretty much every other site that has "normal" and "premium" currency allows it to be traded the same way as any other item or currency.

So why not Gaia?

Gold is basically useless at this point, and artists have to ask for billions for it to be anywhere near worth their time and effort. GC should be able to be bought for other users, or traded, in my honest opinion.

Besides that, the old increments are not working anymore. Gaia frequently puts up items at the weirdest amounts possible. Who wants to buy $25 worth of GC when the item you want is $15 and you want two? You have to go through the process twice to buy the extra $5 worth.

I shudder to think of someone who wants to buy an item that's priced at 99,999 GC just for how many times they have to go through the process of buying cash to be able to get it.

So, what do you think, my fellow GCDers?

gaia_spoons Doesn't the cash system need an update badly, especially if Gaia depends on it sooooooo much? (much like everything else that needs an update on the site?)
gaia_spoons How would you change the system?
gaia_spoons Do you think cash should be giftable or tradeable or both?

Werewolf

I agree that they should change the system, but I have no doubt that they benefit from offering limited GC options. Most people would rather choose the $25 option once than the $10 twice if they want an item worth $20. Of course, since barely anything is worth exactly $5, they'll end up buying another $5, be stuck with some leftover GC...and so on.

iBalentay's Senpai

Anxious Gaian

I like the idea of being able to trade or gift GC. People could do the free offers and get paid in gold to jump through those often frustrating hoops, much like people who are hired to mass buy from shops.

I agree that the cash system could really use an update- If they're going to charge 1000 dollars for a halo, then why make it so inaccessible to people who can afford it?

Aged Bunny

Your ideas are great, and would really improve the GC system!
Personally, I'd like to see a system where you could click on a GC item and buy just enough cash for that item, so you don't end up with weird extra amounts of GC floating around.
*stares at my 25 gc*

Sadly, doing things like that requires time and a lot of coding and I don't think Gaia is really willing to put the money into it. Its making them money as it is, and I think that's what they care about at this point. sweatdrop

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Xanitrix
Personally, I'd like to see a system where you could click on a GC item and buy just enough cash for that item, so you don't end up with weird extra amounts of GC floating around.
*stares at my 25 gc*

Sadly, doing things like that requires time and a lot of coding and I don't think Gaia is really willing to put the money into it. Its making them money as it is, and I think that's what they care about at this point. sweatdrop

Those extra few cents can be used in the gold shops.

I'd like to be able to combine the free GC I earn on my mules.

Aged Bunny

armadillodreamer
Xanitrix
*stares at my 25 gc*

But that's anther thing that's outdated... in the shops a 1.5k item is the equivalent of 33 GC.
Since 99 GC buys 1 GG and they sell for about 250 mil a pop at the moment, 33 GC really has a lot more worth than the stores think it does!

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Xanitrix
armadillodreamer
Xanitrix
*stares at my 25 gc*

But that's anther thing that's outdated... in the shops a 1.5k item is the equivalent of 33 GC.
Since 99 GC buys 1 GG and they sell for about 250 mil a pop at the moment, 33 GC really has a lot more worth than the stores think it does!

Well that's certainly true!! But they're not going to recalibrate the system every time they release a gold gen.
armadillodreamer
Xanitrix
*stares at my 25 gc*

I think that is the main reason any trading won't be implemented. Should you be able to trade GC evryone could simply register few mules, do some offers on each of them significantly increasing the total amount of GC earned. Just doing a round would easily get you expensive items without the need to purchase GC fo money, it simply wouldn't be profitable.
Not that I wouldn't like that either, my mule has some cash from times when you could watch ten bideos daile, not enough to buy anything sadly.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
armadillodreamer
Xanitrix
*stares at my 25 gc*

This is one of the reasons why we cannot trade GC. It is against ToS to pool GC or ggold to benefit any one account.
The other reason is... GC is bought with actual money. There are a lot of problems dealing with legal things. This site is not like those sites that allow it.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
i would like the whole gifting cash

Tiny Alchemist

I think the cash gifting thing could work if it was in the form of a virtual gift card that you buy, that could be in denominations of $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100. You couldn't just trade the cash you have bought for your account, but you could gift people the cash gift cards through a system, kinda like "creddits" on reddit.

I think setting it up so you can buy a specific amount of cash would help Gaia too. People think a lot harder on buying $25 worth of stuff once more than buying $4.99 five times. Lots of mini purchases add up, plus it would be more convenient for users who want an odd number of monthly collectibles for example.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

I'd like to buy an exact amount

No I don't wanna spend 999 for a 799 item

emotion_donotwant

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
God I was just talking about this with a friend. We were talking about how it would be great Christmas presents to online friends since most of the items are inflated as ********.

But seriously, I do think it's a little odd we can't gift people GC. I mean it should be nothing like trading gold, I can see this more as a giftcard type deal. Where you pay for X sum of money and it sends GC to the desired person. Pretty damn sure a s**t ton of people would use this during holidays. I know I would.
netamii
armadillodreamer
Xanitrix
*stares at my 25 gc*

I think that is the main reason any trading won't be implemented. Should you be able to trade GC evryone could simply register few mules, do some offers on each of them significantly increasing the total amount of GC earned. Just doing a round would easily get you expensive items without the need to purchase GC fo money, it simply wouldn't be profitable.
Not that I wouldn't like that either, my mule has some cash from times when you could watch ten bideos daile, not enough to buy anything sadly.

Why wouldn't it be profitable?:O
It's not like Gaia is the one sponsoring the video offers. They are actually getting money for all the gcash you get from offers from the sponsors (so they already got the money, it's just that you haven't spent the associated gcash). All this system would do is consolidate it and enable people to actually spend the gcash they earned.

And yeah I'd love to have some way of trading gcash. Or even to buy an exact gcash amount since y'know... they always sell it to us eg 1000. But all the items are priced as 999. So there's always some lonely gcash floating around being useless. A custom amount option at the bottom of our existing options would be nice. Not sure if there would be any restrictions like a minimum purchase though.

Generous Giver

You can use the old link to buy GC and change the amounts: http://www.gaiaonline.com/shop/?from=gpass

The problems with the old system, though, is that you aren't entitled to discounts. I was forced to use the old system even when there were big discounts because the current page didn't work for me. I probably lost about $20, but it's too late to go cry about it now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff