Welcome to Gaia! ::

Red Xes
i bid 6k at in the last 2 sec. (close one.) and it expired with me as the winner.
Then I would assume that it's a new glitch, not a scam. If the auction had already expired, there is no way the seller could have cancelled.

Domremy-kun's Waifu

Quotable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Red Xes
CeryusOfDarkness
Red Xes
CeryusOfDarkness
Update:

Someone else is trying to sell a Nov '04 letter for 850,000...

GEN Database

Name: Thank You Letter for Nov 2004
Sellback Price: 1,000 Gold
Estimated Value: 3,900-4,600? Gold
Equip: None (Useable item)
Comment: Contains choice between BTK Hat and the Ice Gauntlet

I hate stupid people... stare
I guess i'd better leave.

You haven't done anything I've seen to warrant such a title. It's a large portion of people in the market that make me want to smash my head several times in to a thick, sturdy wall... stare
I have a brick. ::hands to you:: have fun with it.

Nah, bricks are more useful for hurting that person at fault. Nice spray effect with each hit 3nodding
Sirail
Red Xes
i bid 6k at in the last 2 sec. (close one.) and it expired with me as the winner.
Then I would assume that it's a new glitch, not a scam. If the auction had already expired, there is no way the seller could have cancelled.
its happened to me before.

Domremy-kun's Waifu

Quotable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Woohoo! Somebody's trying to sell a Dec '04 letter for 545,000!

Hooray for idiocy! [/sarcasm] stare
Red Xes
Sirail
Red Xes
stressed That doesn't change the fact that it's impossible for a seller to cancel a sale after it's expired. It's a glitch.
Sirail
Red Xes
Sirail
Red Xes
stressed That doesn't change the fact that it's impossible for a seller to cancel a sale after it's expired. It's a glitch.
calm down. i never put an item up for bid but autobuy and i thought you could cancel.
<center> If your bidding on one of the items he is selling how come you keep trying? Just ignore him. confused </center>

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
That's sick and stupid. neutral

Domremy-kun's Waifu

Quotable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Wooh! Here's more examples of stupidy in the Market!

User Image
Recently, some guy on the marketplace spent atleast 200k for three 04' letter that contain omfg which he saw as a 03'. I don't know the specifics, and if you know him, no offense.. but he made a thread on how fed up he was and how frustrated he was that he got scammed when he was alittle dull in the first place. I mean, you have to be a bit blind with greed to bid on the wrong letter because you see its only got 5 mins left, a buy price of 500k and you bidding half that. no?

Edit: my point is.. the selfish people selling the letters are idiots; but so are the ones buying them when its obvious that it the wrong price for an 04 letter.

Domremy-kun's Waifu

Quotable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
morde me
Recently, some guy on the marketplace spent atleast 200k for three 04' letter that contain omfg which he saw as a 03'. I don't know the specifics, and if you know him, no offense.. but he made a thread on how fed up he was and how frustrated he was that he got scammed when he was alittle dull in the first place. I mean, you have to be a bit blind with greed to bid on the wrong letter because you see its only got 5 mins left, a buy price of 500k and you bidding half that. no?

Sounds like the guy. I mean, how do you miss that? I always check what a letter contains before bidding. It's not a scam if the buyer is at fault...
CeryusOfDarkness
morde me

Sounds like the guy. I mean, how do you miss that? I always check what a letter contains before bidding. It's not a scam if the buyer is at fault...
Me too, even on the exchange; i always check what i am buying before i post.. most of the time. This guy even had people offering him items to comfort him for his loss. Though, i think the only thing lost was his pride. And Exactly, he should have sucked it up and gone on; it was his fault for bidding in the first place. Nonetheless, it would be nice if sellers didn't put prices so high in the first place.
Sometimes people in the marketplace really overprice things. Do they think people will actually pay that much?
Suzume Agathe
Sometimes people in the marketplace really overprice things. Do they think people will actually pay that much?

I guess they hope some rich guy will come along and buy it. Or they could just have made a mistake (thinking an '04 letter was an '03 in the Price Guides). I accidentally put up store items for more than their worth sometimes, but I fix them.

It annoys me when I'm looking for gloves and the lowest price is over the store price. [See Morgana's, Felicia's Gloves]

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
bluecelebi
Sadly, it's only for the hammi/bammi hat which are now really worth 10,000.
when did they even get THAT high?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces