Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think this would be a more effective method of hosting Gaia Cash sales?

Yes 0.95054945054945 95.1% [ 173 ]
No 0.016483516483516 1.6% [ 3 ]
Other/Neutral 0.032967032967033 3.3% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 182 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Perfect Saint

Almost Gaia, almost...

Not good enough. sad
Volvaran the Dragon
Pemba
Great, now we have an annoying, sparkling, fizzing and popping Jet in the banner...I hope you're happy with yourselves! yum_pie
The jet is very subtle imo. The problem is that they didn't get rid of the announcements. sad

Jet is a little bit too subtle for me. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Myrielle
Almost Gaia, almost...

Not good enough. sad

They always do something to ******** it up x- x

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Volvaran the Dragon
diet otaku
except it's not really a win for gaia because shoving it in your face is how they get you to buy when you wouldn't normally. like retail stores don't just quietly hold a sale so that people who happen to wander in save some money, they make a big hullabaloo and hang signs and take out ads and run 8 million commercials about it to tell all the people who AREN'T in the store and AREN'T planning to go shopping that they need to get up and go shopping RIGHT NOW OR THEY'LL MISS THE BIG SALE! sales are all about the sense of urgency, making you feel like you have to buy NOW or you'll miss your chance at such a great deal. if the people who are already planning on buying get a great discount and the people who aren't are like "oh, was my cash sale icon blinking? i didn't notice, oh well," then gaia loses out.
If they felt it necessary, they could display the message in the header without mousing over it. That would probably get even more people to look at it than announcements because it's there all the time and many people ignore announcements because of the sheer number of them. There are even many people who have stopped buying gaia cash because of how far they have gone with being annoying. And clearly not hosting sales isn't helping them because the cash shop items are selling out quite noticeably slower or most not selling out at all. Yes your point is true for most sales in general, but I believe that it doesn't entirely work with Gaia' s community in our current situation. Most people who support gaia are regular customers and their loyal customers are angry with the way they are going about business. This would please them.

i hate to say i told you so, but... i told you so. now we have a sparkly header gif pointing us to the 3-day-long cash sale AND announcements every few hours reminding us about it. you're never going to get the announcements to stop unless the sale stops. marketing just doesn't work that way.

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

diet otaku
Volvaran the Dragon
diet otaku
except it's not really a win for gaia because shoving it in your face is how they get you to buy when you wouldn't normally. like retail stores don't just quietly hold a sale so that people who happen to wander in save some money, they make a big hullabaloo and hang signs and take out ads and run 8 million commercials about it to tell all the people who AREN'T in the store and AREN'T planning to go shopping that they need to get up and go shopping RIGHT NOW OR THEY'LL MISS THE BIG SALE! sales are all about the sense of urgency, making you feel like you have to buy NOW or you'll miss your chance at such a great deal. if the people who are already planning on buying get a great discount and the people who aren't are like "oh, was my cash sale icon blinking? i didn't notice, oh well," then gaia loses out.
If they felt it necessary, they could display the message in the header without mousing over it. That would probably get even more people to look at it than announcements because it's there all the time and many people ignore announcements because of the sheer number of them. There are even many people who have stopped buying gaia cash because of how far they have gone with being annoying. And clearly not hosting sales isn't helping them because the cash shop items are selling out quite noticeably slower or most not selling out at all. Yes your point is true for most sales in general, but I believe that it doesn't entirely work with Gaia' s community in our current situation. Most people who support gaia are regular customers and their loyal customers are angry with the way they are going about business. This would please them.

i hate to say i told you so, but... i told you so. now we have a sparkly header gif pointing us to the 3-day-long cash sale AND announcements every few hours reminding us about it. you're never going to get the announcements to stop unless the sale stops. marketing just doesn't work that way.
What they did is not what my idea was. I can't say I even expected them to do it my way. We all know gaia likes to make the most un-userfriendly decisions possible. You have no place to brag.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Volvaran the Dragon
diet otaku
Volvaran the Dragon

What they did is not what my idea was. I can't say I even expected them to do it my way. We all know gaia likes to make the most un-userfriendly decisions possible. You have no place to brag.

bolded the relevant part for you. your idea was to replace the announcements with something in the header. what they did was put something in the header in addition to the announcements. if you never expected them to scrap the announcements, why suggest it in the first place? i think you're just grumpy at seeing proof that it's not about what would please the users, it's about what is effective in getting the users to spend money. and this is what works.

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

diet otaku
Volvaran the Dragon
diet otaku
Volvaran the Dragon

bolded the relevant part for you. your idea was to replace the announcements with something in the header. what they did was put something in the header in addition to the announcements. if you never expected them to scrap the announcements, why suggest it in the first place? i think you're just grumpy at seeing proof that it's not about what would please the users, it's about what is effective in getting the users to spend money. and this is what works.
So you're saying that when a company makes a lot of bad decisions, you should not make any good suggestions just because they more than likely won't listen? Mmm. K.
Obviously we disagree and all there is to do is leave it at that. Thanks for your opinion.

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Volvaran the Dragon
So you're saying that when a company makes a lot of bad decisions, you should not make any good suggestions just because they more than likely won't listen? Mmm. K.
Obviously we disagree and all there is to do is leave it at that. Thanks for your opinion.

actually i'm saying that the decisions they've made aren't bad at all, because they make sense from a marketing perspective. i am saying it would be a bad decision for them to hold sales and not make a lot of noise about them because then few people would be aware of or feel pressured to take part in the sale. however, yes, if you feel a company has been making bad decisions for years, in spite of good suggestions from its customers, and you expect that they will continue to ignore those good suggestions and make bad decisions, then it is a waste of your effort to continue making good suggestions. the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

HD LCD's Wife

Eloquent Lunatic

diet otaku
Volvaran the Dragon

actually i'm saying that the decisions they've made aren't bad at all, because they make sense from a marketing perspective. i am saying it would be a bad decision for them to hold sales and not make a lot of noise about them because then few people would be aware of or feel pressured to take part in the sale. however, yes, if you feel a company has been making bad decisions for years, in spite of good suggestions from its customers, and you expect that they will continue to ignore those good suggestions and make bad decisions, then it is a waste of your effort to continue making good suggestions. the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Again, thanks for the opinion.

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
this is a brilliant idea, i wonder why it wasn't thought of before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff