Why i look like a whore in all the pictures? *gonk*

You are a mudkip D< 1 100.0% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

(|__/)
(+'.'+)
(" wink _(" wink KisamexItachi: Canon Love <3

Lol Hay GCD! ♥

Sometimes I lurk @ you and Poppie wonders...
Do you really do what you're doing, by HEART?
Do you really believe in your choices?
I see lots of people having an avatar like 'that' because all cool GCDers have one like 'that', writing non stop repeated threads with repeated post styles all over again. If someone bitches, then they have to follow: 07 MCs suck, the old Gaia was better, the cool people are gone? Let's all *nodnod* in agreement.
And the creepiest thing is adding the same friends to create a GCD trend o__o
Maybe I'm just too imaginative but it looks like people are not doing things for themselves anymore. All their avatars and threads are made just like for avatar arena, they may be perfect and 'snobby' or we don't like it, especially in other timezones..

Poppie's bitching? NO WAI D: -goes hiding-

+ Are you yourself? Be honest!
+ Do you create avatars/threads for yourself? Be honest!
+ Do you follow trends? Be honest!
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
LeexPoppie: Candy Love <3 (" wink _(" wink
+ Are you yourself? Be honest! Yep.. i think Dx
+ Do you create avatars/threads for yourself? Be honest! Yep. That's why i never won the avatar arena.
+ Do you follow trends? Be honest! Yep.
Maybe these people are doing these for themselves because they feel it's the best way for them to feel included and belonged. I don't the problem here is an identity crisis, but rather setting one's priorities straight - deciding which is more important than the other.

However, this is a life lesson that we must all learn whether it's through the GCD or real life. Of course it's going to take some time for people to realize it. The sooner the better though, so you can quickly go do what you are meant to do, instead of following in someone else's shadow.
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

@ Pompetti: I still get shocked to see how many 'clones' there are in here o__o
And Poppie was just shocked when in the 'avatar you love to hate' everyone said the same things, admitting to love items only because they're rare/rated high in Arenas.
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
In order:
Yes. I dress this way because I like it.
On rare occasions I create a thread and they are made by myself.
The Summoning Tome trend and the Gwee trend are the only ones I have followed. I would still have my Gwee, but the account it was on got banned. And both times I ended up in the trend was simply because I like the item.
I act as myself. Honestly, the bitchyness of the GCD makes me wanna go elsewhere sometimes, because I'm the sort of person that just... can't deal with it. I always be as nice as possible, because I'm scared of conflict.

My avatar changes at least twice a day. I don't have the gold for older items, so I'm fine with my 'n00by' MCs =)

To be honest, I do follow a few trends. Fitting in is hard
=|
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

I follow some trends as 'gimmick' one and so on, but I don't do things just to become like someone else >_< the 'Aquatica/07 MCs' hate' is the cherry on the top! Actually I think they are way prettier than 04ers but..cool kids and AT hates them so..it's such a trend to agree ♥

I don't know why I'm so hating this morning gonk
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
Angelic Popsicle
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

And Poppie was just shocked when in the 'avatar you love to hate' everyone said the same things, admitting to love items only because they're rare/rated high in Arenas.
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

That's what happens once everyone goes into the mainstream way of thinking! But each to his or her own I guess. We're born with the gift of adaptation, we take in everything we learn around us and apply it to ourselves in order to make decisions. Maybe some people truly do believe in the things they say. Maybe some people think they believe in the things they say because everyone else believes them, and being part of the majority gives them this sense of community and belonging. *shrug*

People do these type of stuff to fit in. No one likes to be alone and left out.
hahahahahahaha
Pompetti
Angelic Popsicle
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

(|__/)
(+'.'+)

That's what happens once everyone goes into the mainstream way of thinking! But each to his or her own I guess. We're born with the gift of adaptation, we take in everything we learn around us and apply it to ourselves in order to make decisions. Maybe some people truly do believe in the things they say. Maybe some people think they believe in the things they say because everyone else believes them, and being part of the majority gives them this sense of community and belonging. *shrug*

People do these type of stuff to fit in. No one likes to be alone and left out.
Speak for yourself. I hate being bothered by people. I'm anti social and the only time I can be gotten to talk to someone other then my family is on gaia. There is a lot less ignorance talking to the people on gaia then the people where I live.
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

Maybe it's just Poppie but I'd rather see a person stand her own ground, instead of mindless tidy clones. It's so 'high school'.
I don't know..maybe I grew up a different way but it's kinda pathetic >_<
(|__/)
(+'.'+)
Im myself on Gaia just like I am IRL, no joke. I never really created Threads about myself, I dont see a point really. XD;
` L u n e
Im myself on Gaia just like I am IRL, no joke. I never really created Threads about myself, I dont see a point really. XD;
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

For yourself, not about yourself.
Threads because you have ideas, not to make GCD stare at you.

(|__/)
(+'.'+)
Angelic Popsicle
(|__/)
(+'.'+)

For yourself, not about yourself.
Threads because you have ideas, not to make GCD stare at you.

(|__/)
(+'.'+)

Ah, then yeah I've made a Thread once here in the GCD, I cant remember what it was about though since it was a few months ago. Havnt been in the GCD for awhile though. :c

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I haven't seen this kind of "dressing the same" trend yet, though I haven't been online much lately. I do have noticed the repeated thread thing. Some people have the need to make multiple threads per day so eventually they start to make repeated threads over the same topics. I think that's one of the reasons why I don't bother coming to the forums so much lately.

In such large community like GCD it's really just matter of time when people start to form groups, just like in high school. People feel safer when they have "similar" people around them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff