Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I guess that was sorta how it went down with my infatuation with the Thief doll mouth... I was obsessed with the stupid overpriced thing until I found the smirk in Dappy Dandy, an item that I'd previously not cared a bit about. It's not exactly the same, but it doesn't run into the masquerade nose and it gives your avatar a cheeky expression so it's good enough for me.

I actually really dislike both the Wendy eyes and the new Ciel eyes, and I sort of dislike them equally. XD;; They're some of the items that I'll never quite understand the demand for.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't typically lust after items I can't afford, but if I can find a good, cheaper replacement for something, I'll go for it.
i've never. i am always having to sell items to get other ones i want. it seems impossible to get '04s that i love or '03s that are untouchables, without giving up items. i mean, who wouldn't want a devil tail, but i guess the wed to darkness is good enough.

i just wish items from '03 or '04 became accessible. i don't see the problem in making them.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I am wanting the new Sainte Ciel for dat hair jeezus so good.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

rococobro
processing data . . .
I have to say I've been fortunate enough to lust after items that haven't been in such high demand. No need for substituting parts here.
But I can sympathize. going after an sdplus doll can be very very tough--they inflate and deflate inconsistently in my experience. Good luck!

emotion_brofist Agreed, Robolady! Gaia be lacking in the hairy dude and snake department, so it's not really an issue for me.

Cept that damn SDPlus Thief.

Srsly, i think I won it by the skin of my teeth in the MP auction for like...2 something mill. Most expensive ******** I ever bought. And damn did that price fluctuate. Still does.

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
I also really want the Wendy eyes, but I also want the new Ciel eyes... I just want everything... so there are no cheap alternatives for me. I want both the cheap one AND the expensive one. But usually, I don't end up getting either one. Cause I'm too lazy to make money. ;P

Single Divorcee

Eruravenne
I also really want the Wendy eyes, but I also want the new Ciel eyes... I just want everything... so there are no cheap alternatives for me. I want both the cheap one AND the expensive one. But usually, I don't end up getting either one. Cause I'm too lazy to make money. ;P

I want them both, but its not likely I will ever get the Wendy doll. So the SC:S might be something I blow my quest failure gold on.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Hm.. those eyes are.. meh.

As for buying alternatives to expensive items. I don't really do that.
It's pretty easy for me to gain any gold back that I waste so I just go
with the thing I wanted more.

But yeah, even if you have the funds, it can be hard to part with
the money. I can't imagine wasting a certain amount of gold without
reaching a set minimum for myself first. And I really can't ever see
myself buy something and then have like 1k left.

Maybe eyes that look similar will come out that don't cost an arm and
a leg. But in this day and age I wouldn't hold my breath. xd

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Sleeb

I wanted the closed eyes from Compass of Seidh, but found Lumiere Noire and since I often had a skin on, I liked it because it gave me the closed eyes and white skin c:

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Ridley Starsmore
DC-Chan
Usually I just end up buying the item I want when I want it, regardless of the price, which is kinda bad now that I think about it...

And I didn't even know what the Wendy eyes looked like...and I want them now, curses. scream

And that's why you should change your name to "Deep Pockets"

I know a lot of folks were really happy when the heavenly drapes came out, because it gave a kind-of different option to the way an angelic sash layers.

Ditto.

I have given up on all but one of my over a mil quests.

Because, god damn. I haz no moneys.

Leaf

combo the SC eyes with a masqurade or two

Rare

Nope. If I want an item, I want that specific item and no other item will do. I wish I could be distracted by cheaper items. It'd make things a lot easier for me.

Champion

I'm rarely in that quandary as questing isn't too bad for me. Generally when replacements come out, they just don't appeal to me as the original as the original item was chosen because of something it had that other items didn't. (Leg mod, lips, a certain color on it, etc.)

SDPlus Wendy does look nicer to me than Sainte Ciel: Storge but Sainte Ciel: Storge has 100x more utility with all of its poses and extras.

Dapper Darling

Destrius
I'm rarely in that quandary as questing isn't too bad for me. Generally when replacements come out, they just don't appeal to me as the original as the original item was chosen because of something it had that other items didn't. (Leg mod, lips, a certain color on it, etc.)
      Quandary. Delicious words, so good.

As for me, I too am choosy -- to a ridiculous degree. If it doesn't perfectly align with my specifications, I don't want it. Therefore, knockoffs/near-twins very rarely distract me. Meanwhile, I don't have difficulty making gold for what I want, mostly because I disdain the O3/O4s the majority of users desire.

I can see a resemblance between Wendy & SC:S, but the latter reminds me more of the Majoko Doll eyes. Which are now hovering at +14m, at least.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff