Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Nerd

But alas, there is none.
First off, I'm disappointed by the lack of advertisements for the LoK :/
Second, how do hot topics get chosen? Do admins see what is most popular amongst Chatterboxians or something and make a forum so all those topics can be in one place?

Would you have liked a LoK hot topic forum? I feel like this series needs more publicizing and love >:[
Nickelodeon you disappoint me.

Also, how would you like a LoK RIG sponsor?! Or even just a Last Airbender sponsor RIG (even though the series is over...I would still LOVE water tribe, earth nation, or fire nation clothes!)
Am I right am I right?

For those of you who don't know what The Legend of Korra is (I don't blame you), it's the 'sequel' to Avatar: The Last Airbender.

SUCCESS! They added Korra and (as some people suggested) MLP into the Hot Topics!

So what series/thing/book/whatevs do you think there should be a hot topic thread for?
I'm not sure how the hot topics are chosen, but I'd wager that it isn't via observation of the Chatterbox. There would be an entirely different genre of hot topic forums, if that was where the inspiration came from. Dear goodness. o_o;;

As for the rest, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some related RIGs, but I wouldn't be overly thrilled with the idea. Nothing about Avatar ever came off as very aesthetically pleasing to me, for one. I feel like the items would tend to look sort of.. boring. BUT then again, I feel that exact same way about Adventure Time, and that sponsor was ridiculously popular, so.. *shrugs*

Mysterious Trickster

Since when was Avatar, The Last Airbender called The Last Air Bender: The Legend of Aang? o.O That's new to me.

I wouldn't mind a Hot Topic for Avatar, just it may have to be expanded to talk more than just Korra (since Korra has officially aired today).

Rare

I'm still not sure why people are obsessing over this show.

Hot topics are mostly irrelevant anyway, so I'm not sure why one would want one for anything really.

Tipsy Lunatic

I think hot topics are chosen via the forum tags?
Maybe? Or at least that might have SOMETHING to do with it. That's how they do it on twitter and tumblr and such. Not that Gaia ever adopts sensible features. *coughvotingcough*

Also things like recent events and sponsored stuff has something to do with it.

Tipsy Lunatic

Kain-Senpai
Since when was Avatar, The Last Airbender called The Last Air Bender: The Legend of Aang? o.O That's new to me.

That title was adopted sometime after the live action movie came out.

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Sir Black Tea
I'm still not sure why people are obsessing over this show.

Hot topics are mostly irrelevant anyway, so I'm not sure why one would want one for anything really.

This.

As for how they choose...probably how often they see people talking about it. I've seen dozens and dozens of people talk about Pokèmon, Adventure Time, The Walking Dead when they were coming out.

But only an odd couple of people talking about LOK

Mysterious Trickster

The Drunken Jester
Kain-Senpai

Well, that's a terrible adoption. No wonder I didn't pick on it. That movie isn't a movie. It's an hour and a half season 1 trailer. lawls. It was soooooo bad. D:

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

20,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Gender Swap 100
this does need a hot topic forum seriously its avatar!! >8U plus its a realy good series :<

Butterfly Prince

Frankly, I'm getting rather bored with all the topics regarding it popping up in every other forum but where they should be.

It's left a rather sour taste in my mouth and pushed me further away from wanting to watch it.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Avatar: The Last Airbender "The Legend of Aang". Is that a fanon thing or something?

Anyway, I think Hot Topics are largely chosen if there are a bajillion topics about a particular thing taking over a forum. So if a bunch of Legend of Korra threads start running over the TV forum it might happen.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I was hoping for one too!

Astral Sage

44,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Kain-Senpai
The Drunken Jester
Kain-Senpai

Well, that's a terrible adoption. No wonder I didn't pick on it. That movie isn't a movie. It's an hour and a half season 1 trailer. lawls. It was soooooo bad. D:

In both Nick and the creators' defense, they would do anything to avoid being associated with the Live-action movie if it weren't because James Cameron's Trademarking Stunt prevents them to use "Avatar" as part of any product title in North-American markets...

Now, seriously this thread got me wondering what's with the lack of Korra being a Hot Topic...

Demonic Citizen

User Image

Hot topics are usually something event wise, something sponsor wise or something that is currently being widely talked about.
I've seen three people mention the show in question. One of which; you. Doesn't really scream 'hot topic' material to me, I'm afraid.
(And am I missing something here? Sorry to say but I really don't like that Avatar show, and this Korra sounds even less interesting.)

User Image

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
Nickelodeon id too busy promoting live-action shows about bad singers razz

I would have liked one, Avatar is one of my most favorite shows of all time!
But honestly, I've never seen anyone on Gaia say anything about the Legend of Korra and it isn't as main-stream as other things that end up there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff