Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
I think this discussion is particularly relevant, based on what's been happening with DDoSing in the past few days.

Indeed! I'm not sure how many people are aware that this has been happening though... ninja

They've been passing around misinformation about Gaia being hacked not DDoS'd and some people are asking for him to do it again.

Omg, I know right?? I've seen some people even hero-worshipping him, like he's some arbiter of vigilante justice.

Even though his reasons for doing this are explicitly selfish. It's not because Gaia has become unfair, it's not in fighting against corruption and gamification, it's because he was banned for credit card fraud and Gaia stuck to their guns this time. lol

Time-traveling Senshi

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
I think this discussion is particularly relevant, based on what's been happening with DDoSing in the past few days.

Indeed! I'm not sure how many people are aware that this has been happening though... ninja

They've been passing around misinformation about Gaia being hacked not DDoS'd and some people are asking for him to do it again.

Omg, I know right?? I've seen some people even hero-worshipping him, like he's some arbiter of vigilante justice.

Even though his reasons for doing this are explicitly selfish. It's not because Gaia has become unfair, it's not in fighting against corruption and gamification, it's because he was banned for credit card fraud and Gaia stuck to their guns this time. lol

Oh and at one point he was all "I'll stop the attacks if you show me your tits" to one chick over her Facebook messenger. It was written into his Linux and Mac based attack codes.

Enduring Sex Symbol

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

I'd hope so, but some people are misunderstanding/misrepresenting the situation entirely. Calling it a "hacking", treating the person like they're a hero, etc.

A DDOS is a security breach, sure. But seeing as DDOS attacks do not require internal access to any servers to work effectively, I would agree, it is NOT a "hacking."

Enduring Sex Symbol

Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

It had all the signs of a simple DDOS in my opinion.

Basically, flood a website's servers with ICPM "ping" requests so that it overloads the server and shuts it down.

Anyone who can type "ping" from a linux command line can attempt a DDOS attack.

DDOS == hacking.

Time-traveling Senshi

1-800-OMG-STFU
Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Basically, flood a website's servers with ICPM "ping" requests so that it overloads the server and shuts it down.

DDOS == hacking.

Here's the funny and disturbing part of it that lead people to know it was some kind of Linux and Mac centered attack. There was a thread posted in the CB from a gal who got contacted by him on Facebook. He sent her a screen grab of his code at the time and one line called her out by name and said he wouldn't stop with the DDoSing until she sent him her naked tits. So yeah this was someone with messed up priorities and looking for attention because at one point, according to word on the GCD, in his Tiny Chat he said he was really doing it to avenge zOMG and people fell for it when he's said this was in retaliation for his account being banned.

Impassioned Misfit

Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Oh and at one point he was all "I'll stop the attacks if you show me your tits" to one chick over her Facebook messenger. It was written into his Linux and Mac based attack codes.

Holy s**t, really???????

Time-traveling Senshi

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

Holy s**t, really???????

Yeah someone linked to the thread on the Gaia Facebook page during the discussion on this. I think someone even said they saw a line in the code where he said he was out of condoms now. So yeah, he's got issues.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo

Holy s**t, really???????

Yeah someone linked to the thread on the Gaia Facebook page during the discussion on this. I think someone even said they saw a line in the code where he said he was out of condoms now. So yeah, he's got issues.

He hasn't been turned over to the police for this? *frustration*
A sysadmin in some freezing windowless basement probably just smiled a little.

Time-traveling Senshi

Lord Elwrind
Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Chibi Halo

Holy s**t, really???????

He hasn't been turned over to the police for this? *frustration*

Honestly, other than that somewhat huge sexual predators thing Gaia along with THQ helped New York police catch some sexual offender we might not know if they called the FBI's Frisco branch for help. They had to delay a pretty major sale because of the mess. At least the guy who was due to get a bunch of copies of some Ticket items is cool about it.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
Chibi Halo
1-800-OMG-STFU
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X

DDOS == hacking.

Here's the funny and disturbing part of it that lead people to know it was some kind of Linux and Mac centered attack. There was a thread posted in the CB from a gal who got contacted by him on Facebook. He sent her a screen grab of his code at the time and one line called her out by name and said he wouldn't stop with the DDoSing until she sent him her naked tits. So yeah this was someone with messed up priorities and looking for attention because at one point, according to word on the GCD, in his Tiny Chat he said he was really doing it to avenge zOMG and people fell for it when he's said this was in retaliation for his account being banned.

Some people just want to be seen as a kind of hero I guess, so he has some reason to want to hide his true motive.

But... His real motive was discovered and, for those of us willing to question it, it is available.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Getso
A sysadmin in some freezing windowless basement probably just smiled a little.

Actually, server rooms can get pretty damn hot because of all of the heat large servers can put off, and if you've got a ton of 'em in one facility...

But yeah, they probably did. emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces