Welcome to Gaia! ::

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
...who "He" is now. It has to be that deity/demon/evil whatever the heck it is thing that The Don was talking to during the Loyalty manga. It may not be unleashed upon us yet, but if it can scare the holiday deities into hiding during one of their respective holidays when they'd be at the peak of their power, then this guy has to be one powerful dude, and you do not want him unleashed on the land of Gaia. I mean really, he is making The Don systematically kill every demigod for reasons we still don't know yet. And he's not even here yet. No wonder the holiday spirits were shaking in their shoes.

And what is The Don thinking he's going to get out of this anyway? His mommy back? Godly powers? A tremendous growth spurt?
Thoughts, Gaians?

Sparkling Witch

16,950 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
I'd soil my britches if "He" were Him.

User Image

The Don's wants? Eh, revenge, power over enemies, the right to rule.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Salt Witch
I'd soil my britches if "He" were Him.

User Image

The Don's wants? Eh, revenge, power over enemies, the right to rule.

If only, if only.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
If he got a growth spurt I think I'd be sad emotion_facepalm I bet he wants his mommy back. Poor baby ; o;

Shade

Whoever he is, I wonder just what extent of influence and on the hierarchical caste exactly he sits among the gods.

Though, I'm certain once gods catch a whiff of some influences, they'll know their end is near.

Not all gods are equal, after all.

Some exist outside of what we call reality.

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
It's just getting depressing really....the plot is in such an emotionally bad place right now...

I don't like the idea that the staff would make us choose between two sides (well, not make us but you know...) where either one could be destructive and potentially morally rectifying.

It's just like, jeez...you could feel bad for choosing either side?

You've got one side of defectors trying to convince you to believe their giving their loyalty to a leader they in the past betrayed and just up and left, so they are potentially dangerous and undermining.

Then you've got the other side that comes at you with this sob story of oppression and yet is responsible for mass murder of innocents.

I mean, really?

Where's the neutral third party, that only represents good, those people affected by all of this who just want to stop it all? No matter what side you choose you're only escalating the conflict.

Green Gaian

Tremendous growth spurt... I can see it now. Battle, curse is broken, growth, Timmy 2.0.

Shade

I do so enjoy that people would call someone as old as him a mere child simply because of stature.

Especially now since they're taking back those words.

Trash Witch

Here's hoping it's the 'He', at least — if only to finally see loose ends tied together. It's startling, though, that we've had this mishmash of various deities of seemingly independent status, like the holiday icons, and now seem to be moving towards some mysterious pantheon of powers. Or a once-pantheon, anyway. It seems everything has kind of fallen apart and branched out into smaller factions. Maybe in part it had to do with G-Corp and the human Gaians becoming a power force, though that would imply that the elves know so much more that we do. : <

Supposing that this year's Halloween is a further escalation and not a closing of the current story arc, I'm getting increasingly comfortable in the position of foretelling a tie-in of Lovecraftian elements into the plot. I'ä!
Malomy
And what is The Don thinking he's going to get out of this anyway? His mommy back? Godly powers? A tremendous growth spurt?
As someone who's played his fair share of Final Fantasy games, I wouldn't be too surprised if all three of those speculations were to be true.

[EDIT, because one of these days I'll learn to read through the thread before I reply to it and not the other way around]:
Azavezel
Whoever he is, I wonder just what extent of influence and on the hierarchical caste exactly he sits among the gods.
My first point would be made with concordance to this one. It's a difficult thing to tackle, the involvement of supreme power; and while Greek-inspired myth is potentially very interesting adn entertaining, dragging in too capable entities in a story tends to limit the possibilities of dynamic narration. I'll admit I'm actually very appealed by the idea of Gaia's divinities having gone from a powerful force of order to a broken remnant with more toned-down branches into holidayism and so on. I'll be intrigued to see where it's taken from here. It might still hit a dead wall and the godlike factions just end up subduing all else. Would suck.
Azavezel
Some exist outside of what we call reality.
Until the stars are right . . .

Fashionable Streaker

13,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Azavezel
I do so enjoy that people would call someone as old as him a mere child simply because of stature.

Depends on how long ones race lives and what rules are applied to them in a story. For a near immortal and the immortal immortal (heh sounds redundant but since there are so many ways to kill "immortals" now you have to have it) he is a bit of a child only being 800 years old.

Shade

Darth Vron
Azavezel

Depends on how long ones race lives and what rules are applied to them in a story. For a near immortal and the immortal immortal (heh sounds redundant but since there are so many ways to kill "immortals" now you have to have it) he is a bit of a child only being 800 years old.

800 years is more than plenty of time for maturity and then some.

But granted immortals who think that much time is merely "an infant not worth much thought or influence" are clearly not within their mental capacities anymore.

They'll learn in this war just how childish they truly are.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I find it amusing that the holiday people hid for a while and then apparently just sort of came back out and did their holiday jobs and didn't say anything about it any more.

Fashionable Streaker

13,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Azavezel
Darth Vron
Azavezel

But granted immortals who think that much time is merely "an infant not worth much thought or influence" are clearly not within their mental capacities anymore.

Meh Vron had typed out a reply but he honestly dos not care that much *shrugs* though one thing Vron dos have to say out of his reply that he was going to put is war dos not show how mature or mentally stable one is.

Shade

Darth Vron
Azavezel
Darth Vron
Azavezel

Meh Vron had typed out a reply but he honestly dos not care that much *shrugs* though one thing Vron dos have to say out of his reply that he was going to put is war dos not show how mature or mentally stable one is.

Sometimes, war is necessary.

An adult knows this.

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500
I definetely think that the spirit that Don is talking to is "He".

Also if vlad is the vampire servant I'm going to punch a few nuns.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff