Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kunai Jones
Temujuin
Herr Totenkopf
Tranquiliser darts don't go through the body and out the other side like a normal bullet, they embed themselves in the body.
oh wow incorparate real life things in an anime ALSO notice there was no blood, gold isnt a relatively hard metal knowing Gambino he'd have 24K gold which is soft so there fore anything couldve gone though it! no blood? why? Tranqs 3nodding
Gold is soft, but not that soft. Tranquilizer darts don't have tear-power. As in tear-through-things power. They have a good dart tip that embeds itself into the target, and then the momentum of the shot carries the poison from the body of the dart into the target. A tranquilizer dart could never go through the front of a watch, then the lens crystal (probably not normal glass for Gambino), then the face, then all of the gears (likely steel or some other precisely machinable metal) then the back of the watch and THEN his flesh. A tranq dart just wouldn't do that. It would -TINK- right off the watch.
Then why did he fall backwards? Im pretty sure a huge guy like G man could take a shot to the gut! Maybe he broke the watch himself! And I have doubts a sniper bullet can look up and shoot through a couple of land marks and his target directly! So if thats unrealistic how come a tranq dart cant be powerful?
Temujuin
Kunai Jones
Temujuin
Herr Totenkopf
Tranquiliser darts don't go through the body and out the other side like a normal bullet, they embed themselves in the body.
oh wow incorparate real life things in an anime ALSO notice there was no blood, gold isnt a relatively hard metal knowing Gambino he'd have 24K gold which is soft so there fore anything couldve gone though it! no blood? why? Tranqs 3nodding
Gold is soft, but not that soft. Tranquilizer darts don't have tear-power. As in tear-through-things power. They have a good dart tip that embeds itself into the target, and then the momentum of the shot carries the poison from the body of the dart into the target. A tranquilizer dart could never go through the front of a watch, then the lens crystal (probably not normal glass for Gambino), then the face, then all of the gears (likely steel or some other precisely machinable metal) then the back of the watch and THEN his flesh. A tranq dart just wouldn't do that. It would -TINK- right off the watch.
Then why did he fall backwards? Im pretty sure a huge guy like G man could take a shot to the gut! Maybe he broke the watch himself! And I have doubts a sniper bullet can look up and shoot through a couple of land marks and his target directly! So if thats unrealistic how come a tranq dart cant be powerful?

Tranquiliser darts are not meant to be powerful because they're designed to incapacitate, not kill.

Dapper Lunatic

Gambino was not shot! His pocket watch was shot. pocket watch =/= body
Herr Totenkopf
Temujuin
Kunai Jones
Temujuin
Herr Totenkopf

Tranquiliser darts are not meant to be powerful because they're designed to incapacitate, not kill.
Overdose man think of it! And a sniper can aim up a couple of miles and shoot a dude directly from a tower! I really think this is unrealistic! Maybe this one was!
Trancs are designed to hold only so much ~_~ and they can't travel too far either, to my understanding, but then I'm not up on guns so I wouldn't know much...I just know about meds and such.
Dante..Sparda
Then why did he fall it should have absorbed most of the power shouldnt it?
Temujuin
Dante..Sparda
Gino coulda shot him O_o; I thought that for a bit, s'possibility but then I got bombarded with Gino fangirlies and then I told them 'wouldn't he be a hot dictator?' o.O; some people..
~~Cheshire~~Cat~~
Temujuin
Dante..Sparda
Gino coulda shot him O_o; I thought that for a bit, s'possibility but then I got bombarded with Gino fangirlies and then I told them 'wouldn't he be a hot dictator?' o.O; some people..
Even after that heartwarming incident where he remembered his memories oh wait......they were bad ones. sweatdrop
my point exactly

Dapper Lunatic

Temujuin
Dante..Sparda
He was standing on the edge of the ******** cliff. A gun that can hit someone from that far away would be extremely powerful. The pocket watch absorb a lot of the blow, but the surface area is too small to absorb it all.

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
Temujuin
Dante..Sparda
Even if something stops the major momentum of a bullet, the force of the bullet is still going to hit your body very hard.

Let's say for example that a bullet hits a body at, I don't know, 1000psi (pounds per square inch). This is a number that I'm pulling out of my hat here, so just substitute the real number if you know it.

A sniper bullet probably has a surface area of no more than 70-80mm, or around 1/3 of an inch. So that would bullet would hit with the force of 3000 psi at impact. Quite a force, plenty to plow it through flesh and bone. But if it hits something large, like say, a pocket watch, the number goes down considerably.

In an anatomical consideration, Gambino's pocketwatch would appear to be quite large, possibly up to 5 inches across. But we'll go with four. So the surface area of one face of his watch is pi x r ^ 2. So pi times 2 (the radius of a pocketwatch 4 inches across) squared is around 12.6 square inches of space. When the bullet hits that, the force will be redistributed into that area, making the pressure at impact around 80-90 pounds per square inch. It's not going to push the watch through Gambino like the bullet would have done, but it's going to leave a really nasty welt and possibly some broken or bruised ribs. So Gambino would stagger back from this impact, falling off the building.
These two words will put an end to all arguements surrounding the shooting of Gambino and the collapse of his tower on the Von Helsons:

"Plot. Device."
Maybe it's a robot we haven't seen before from Akea

Cookie's Husband

Ok.... I just had to say this..... What kind of crackpot logic is that? A tranquilizer to cause an overdose!? What assassin in their right mind would use a tranquilizer to kill somebody? That's just absurd! You need to go to bed... when ideas that are this illogical come out... you know people are too damn tired. ...tranquilizers... *shakes head* What next, people gonna suggest the shots came from Neopets?
Noble
Ok.... I just had to say this..... What kind of crackpot logic is that? A tranquilizer to cause an overdose!? What assassin in their right mind would use a tranquilizer to kill somebody? That's just absurd! You need to go to bed... when ideas that are this illogical come out... you know people are too damn tired. ...tranquilizers... *shakes head* What next, people gonna suggest the shots came from Neopets?

You never know. Damn Neopets bastards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces