Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Take what you can...

Oh, any of the 03's would be very nice to win. I already have a Wii so I'd be much happier with any of those other prizes.

...Give nothing back

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Mooniewitch
Anabaena
Me too, or the red devil wings.. Make that free 175-450 mil come my way, baby!

Also, I doubt they'll send a wii to the netherlands.. Too much of a hassle..
Even if they did we'd have to import all our games, which would get expensive very fast. Though I guess you could sell it on marktplaats... that'd be kinda mean though.

You would? Don't the EU and NA use the same coding?
Mistypaw

...uh...sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not a halo - it's mini wings. lol

Anyway, about the entire argument (because I think a couple of people replied to me here last night): I still think that the Wii is - overall - a better deal, because of its RL utility. I mean, I get the point about it being a Gaia contest - so Gaia prizes are likely more useful...

...but the analogy I'd use would be if GameStop ran a contest and first prize was a trip to E3 and the second prize were a $2000 shopping spree. The latter is probably a bit more valuable in terms of money, but the first just seems better all-around - it's a new experience.

Or as someone said in one of these threads: Everyone here must be rich IRL and poor online. lol

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Unholy Lightbringer

40,590 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
User Image
What kind of contest do you want to see Gaia have, and what do you want to be the prize?

I don't care for these contests, because I've already accepted that I won't win long before the contest even came into existence cat_neutral

Additionally, what the F' would I do with an Sept. '03 letter? Or Mini Devil Wings? cat_confused Ja, Exchangers huff and puff about how they could drop the pure for those items, but they can't and they don't... I've been there... Ugh... cat_stressed I'd probably have to resort to donating the G_D(dess)damn things because I'd feel like a horrible person if I just let them rot in my inventory cat_gonk (yes, it is very true that I do not like any of the mini wings, because I don't like how they layer, I don't like how they look, and, honestly, I wish Gaia would give us the Devilish counterpart to the Angelic/Nightmare headbands, because that might be something I'd actually use) cat_stare

Feral Man-Lover

I share the same sentiment since I already have a Wii. Hell, I'd settle for 100k. X3

Edit: Almost forgot- I really like seeing the item design contests since it means new items. emotion_dowant Thank goodness for Stein's new store!

Lavish Lunatic

Mooniewitch
Oh I didn't mean 'mean' like that, more that some sucker will get stuck with a US Wii in Europe XD But yeah, I think it says somewhere the sponsor can decide which price you get, so we'd get the gaia cash. Which is nice as well, but then I'd ask if I could trade with the 3rd price winner...

Wait, would that actually make a difference? As in, you can't play on an american wii in europe?
Seriously? Why? confused

Dedicated Hellraiser

Anabaena
Mooniewitch
Oh I didn't mean 'mean' like that, more that some sucker will get stuck with a US Wii in Europe XD But yeah, I think it says somewhere the sponsor can decide which price you get, so we'd get the gaia cash. Which is nice as well, but then I'd ask if I could trade with the 3rd price winner...

Wait, would that actually make a difference? As in, you can't play on an american wii in europe?
Seriously? Why? confused
After googling I'm getting conflicting results. I think the Wii is region-locked, which means you can only play games from the region you bought it from. On a US Wii you could only play US games, not European ones, which means we would have to import them. Another issue seems to be the difference in TV signals, so even if you have a power converter and a US game, it still might not work... but I don't know too much about that, sorry.

TL;DR Yeah you probably can't play.

Sex Symbol

I guess this is sort of a test of my addiction, or lack thereof.

Since I'd rather have the wii (despite already owning one), I guess I'm doing better than I had thought.

Lavish Lunatic

Mooniewitch
After googling I'm getting conflicting results. I think the Wii is region-locked, which means you can only play games from the region you bought it from. On a US Wii you could only play US games, not European ones, which means we would have to import them. Another issue seems to be the difference in TV signals, so even if you have a power converter and a US game, it still might not work... but I don't know too much about that, sorry.

Oh right, the power plug is also different.. xd

Talking to americans on the site makes it feel pretty close, but there are some big differences.. wink

Dedicated Hellraiser

Anabaena
Mooniewitch

Oh right, the power plug is also different.. xd

Talking to americans on the site makes it feel pretty close, but there are some big differences.. wink
I know right? That is, until we talk healthcare and politics XD

9,375 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
gaia_star
I don't have a Wii, but since it's about to become obsolete with the release of the Wii U, there's no point to one. I'd much rather take the '03 or super expensive equivalent. Then I can be part of the Gaian 1% emotion_dowant
that is until I get bored of getting everything I want so easily and start donating s**t left and right

Devout Senshi

Angel minis, you say? emotion_kirakira
lol I've wanted those ever since I joined I wish I was more gaia savvy back in the day. D:
I'd rather have the Wii. I'd take real-life items over Gaia stuff. Even if I didn't want to use it, I would sell it. I need money pretty bad.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Aren't you just automatically entered in when you log in each day in May?

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
battlescar
I'd rather have the Wii. I'd take real-life items over Gaia stuff. Even if I didn't want to use it, I would sell it. I need money pretty bad.

^ This

Makes me wonder how long it'll take some kids on this site to learn the real value of things when they would rather have some pixels instead of hundred or so dollars.

And, ya, you could sell the letter to some desperate, pathetic neck-beard for a lot more then the Wii could fetch but I'd rather have a sure thing than the possibility of my pay pal account getting frozen indefinitely.

Decorated Nerd

i think I'd take the wii ! I want to play bowling with my grandma ...or something. IDK I've only played on wii like twice before, I think it would be nice to have. If I won minis they'd just sit in my invo cause I wouldn't want to give them up for a pile of gold anyways.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff