Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

I find him adorable cute~

Although some of the previous posters have a point.
He and his ilk have rather taken over the main stage on Gaia these past few events. >>; Basically they have almost wiped out every single piece of seriousness left in these events.

XD Though I love that one panel where it goes: "I have just made another one" OH EM CABBAGES!!!

The expression on its' face TAT Ugh. So cute and perverted at the same time! It speaks to me somehow.

Supreme Demigod

16,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Full closet 200
Yorugami

I find him adorable cute~

Although some of the previous posters have a point.
He and his ilk have rather taken over the main stage on Gaia these past few events. >>; Basically they have almost wiped out every single piece of seriousness left in these events.

XD Though I love that one panel where it goes: "I have just made another one" OH EM CABBAGES!!!

The expression on its' face TAT Ugh. So cute and perverted at the same time! It speaks to me somehow.

not only past few events, more like 2 years of Diedrich madness rofl but I do like Diedrich. I partly agree with what Artificial Shadows has said, but somebody does like Diedrich and Pikachu.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Koohii Monsutaa
Agreed 100%

There's also a petition to get rid of him.

And I said there:
Quote:
I never liked him.
Ugly and obnoxious and ridiculous.
I want the old cute silent grunnies back!/quote]

I'm #37 on that list.
User Image

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I love him. /shot

He is a troll, an adorable green fuzz-ball that regurgitates fact like it's nobody's business.
I can't articulate a reason for why I like him as a character so much other than the fact that I have a propensity to like cute things.

The mini-comic, good god - his expressions were just awesome. HE LOOKS SO FRIENDLY AND CUTE, OMG JUST LOVE HIM PEOPLE. scream
All of his expressions since he's gotten chubby have been of the "U MAD?" nature which sorta fits perfectly with the amount of hate he's been getting.

The original grunnies kicked butt, that's incontrovertible (IMO), but it's nice to see another version of them.
I wouldn't want the originals to be replaced or forgotten however, since they were so heavily involved in the plot.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
diedrich is great because secretly he's going to kill us all
he's watching

Blessed Waffles

I think he is cute, and I will always love fourth wall-breakage.

In fact, I am upset that instead of being able to equip my Diebabies, I instead have to collect 80 billion of them in order to obtain a Flock. I don't have the time to obtain that many and no one is selling them in the marketplace ever.

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
gum disease
The mini-comic, good god - his expressions were just awesome. HE LOOKS SO FRIENDLY AND CUTE, OMG JUST LOVE HIM PEOPLE. scream

That's exactly the reason WHY we're bitching about him right now, though. sweatdrop

I think that the major issue a lot of people have with Died is not the fact that he's [********] or cute or all that...it feels like he's absolutely ubiquitous! And Gaia expects us to shower him with adoration because LOOK AT THE CUTE GREEN FAILED SCIENCE EXPERIMENT EVERYONE. At some point, it feels like Diedrich - and by extension, Gaia - is begging for our affection, and that's probably the fastest way to get rid of it.

Plus, certain of us just piss vinegar and like to complain about EVERYTHING.

While I totally do NOT endorse EB's "euthanasia" program (which would probably make Ingrid Newkirk simultaneously proud and sick in horror), he almost comes off as more reflective of how at least GCD feels about the damn grunny. Stick him in a blender (or at least his clones) and get rid of him.

Garbage Trash

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*taunt* *taunt*

Tiny Alchemist

I figure he's a result of some other G-Corp experiment. Probably the Glompie one, considering the skin tone, personality, and the fact he doesn't seem to spread the virus around. But animals always need some form of reproduction, and somehow it caused him to be auto sexual. He's always been reproducing, as we could tell from the first Easter event he was in, as well as the second, just not at the alarming rate he has been lately. This could be quite fascinating, considering by Halloween, all those "brainless babies" will be all grown up.

I just love him. I love his facts, I love how he's actually affected by what we do in the events, and talks to us sometimes. I love how creepy he is. I find it hilarious that the two most bunny like NPCs in Gaia can't stand him. I love how no matter how you turn your computer screen, he's always staring directly at you...

I understand he's annoying you guys though, and I wish there was a way to send him off peacefully, without him disappearing forever. Maybe sending him off to his own little island. He gets an island, and we get some peace.

I'm sorry I'm not a good GCDer, if you want I can complain about shop updates and alchemy.
xcrimsonlegendx

I understand where you're coming from, the original Grunnies have been forgotten and I don't think they will ever make a return. The only thing that keeps them alive are the views of nostalgic Gaians.
That being said, I do like Diedrich. Possibly, in a similar manner to you where I enjoy his antics and strange behaviour but, I don't see him as a Grunny. More like an evolved created or a new species itself.

Golden Gawker

>>>: And he certainly doesn't have the same color as the grunnies!
He's a.. Limegrunny! D< An annoying, baby-pooping blobby sub-spiece!

I mean, I don't really hate him, I think he's quite funny actually,
but not a real grunny. Grunnies to me are monsters, not know-it-alls with ties.
Many Gaians don't like him because they think he is the reason why there are no awesome events or plot. Sorry to tell you guys, but he isn't holding Gaia back. If he wasn't there the events would still be as shallow and the plot as non existent. Be thankful at least he isn't a cat.

Shirtless Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I understand where you're coming from.

when he was first introduced, he was cute and quirky, now they've written him as a jerk, and they keep putting him into every. damn. plot.

I'm sick of his overexposure and false grunnydom.

Intergalactic Recruit

Damn OP, I guess I didn't really think of him as a Grunny either. I mean.. yeah he resembles a Grunny in a sort of freakish way, but when you put it that way, it makes me more annoyed about Diedrich then I already was.

My reasoning for disliking him is pretty stupid. I can feel the hate from the community towards him and it wavers my opinion, but also because I disliked a newer character being loved by the newer users and at the same time, replacing all the characters I actually liked. The old characters.

Every event Diedrich is present in, he keeps being the one character that has the most votes.. and why? Cause he is a goofy "cute" little rabbit that is used for humor? It's like you want to rebel against Diedrich for some honor in being an older member. I mean I never really gave a s**t one way or another about the robo Easter bunny, but now I wanna side with him (aside for being a robot), just because he is not only not Diedrich, but because he equally hates Diedrich.

Gaia even knows this. The Easter Bunny represents all the older users in all our glory, while Diedrich is a cheap gimmick that represents the mindset of the average new user or user who doesn't give a s**t about Gaia for Gaia.

Diedrich is easy to enjoy and that's why so many like him and hate him.

Cygnus Fangirl

User Image

i really don't care either way because he is a fictional character on the internet, and i have better things to worry about on this site than whether he's in an event or not.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces