Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beau

Happens all over Gaia. You post a topic in some forum or simply post your thoughts.
Next thing you know you have users either jumping on you or leaving rude little childish remarks.

Guess one should apologize to the users who think they are special. Think what you say should
be cleared by them first before you start saying anything. Below are just a few examples.

You post about how Gaia is now or along the lines of it.
Oh like there aren't a million topics like this one.
What does it matter now. Shut up and get over it.
Here we go again with another one of THESE topics.

You post how there should be more of a certain color or type of item.
Gaia is a business and needs money. They sell what sells well.
Isn't going to happen so get over it.
[insert long a** business bull crap that makes the one saying it feel smarter] That's my two cents.

You post or say something and some user then makes it all about them. (compliments of Kid Jak)
Meh create your own examples.

The real problem however is how it all gets said. Okay yes so much stuff gets repeated and
before long is a broken record. What though gives some users the idea that they can come into a topic
or conversation, post their snarky or superior post, and then act like oh discussion over.

Once they post their opinion then BOOM. Topic over, door's closed, everyone shut up, and blah blah blah.
Think like how parents handle their kids. "I'm the adult and what i say goes so end of discussion!"

gaia_spoons
Have you ever made a topic or shared an opinion only to have another try to just shut you down?
Have you ever made a topic or shared an opinion and someone was a rude little smart a** about it?
Have you ever made a topic or shared an opinion then another made you feel like what you said was worthless?
If you see it happening to someone else how do you handle it?
When you have people coming at you in that way how do you handle them?

Not necessary to follow those spoons just do keep some form of discussion.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Generally if I can't add anything positive I just say nothing.

this leads to a LOT of lurking

but I also consider making stupid jokes to help break tension positive so I most of the time just come off as a silly fish guy

and so

-Poot-

Insert Fart joke of your own this time.

Beau

Kid Jak
Generally if I can't add anything positive I just say nothing.

this leads to a LOT of lurking

but I also consider making stupid jokes to help break tension positive so I most of the time just come off as a silly fish guy

and so

-Poot-

Insert Fart joke of your own this time.

Insert my own joke? Why leave the hard work for me!
Bad fish!

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I suppose it takes a lot more effort NOT to post anything rather than post in repeat threads/topics that 'offends' them. lol

I think, those who create threads here ought to be ready for snarky people. They could be having a rotten day irl, and making someone else miserable, even if it's online, makes them feel better? surprised

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
There's a certain form of stubbornness to some people. They believe what they believe to be right and cannot be swayed. Sometimes this can be admirable! Sometimes it is not. This is not exclusive to Gaia. I've had some of these people who've I talked to and while I can calmly point out why some things might be the way they are, they refuse to change their minds either to skepticism or plain stubbornness. Sometimes I worry that people are too cynical and that'll reflect into the community too much.

While I'll agree to disagree at some point usually, I have plenty of experience with the Gaia community to know this is not everyone's approach. I also know we still have plenty of people who don't let this kind of negativity bring themselves or others down.

Special Snowflake

I only post to sound off my own opinion... sometimes I see things that recur so much that I have the urge to just post and say I don't agree with the general consensus sweatdrop

Not to say that I don't bother to read what the other person has said, it's just painfully obvious when they're not going to change their mind, or don't even address what you've pointed out only to repeat exactly what they've said before.

I used to be afraid about what others thought of me, or of being attacked, etc, but now I've come to realise that there are even more abrasive people on Gaia than me, so anything I say doesn't really matter in comparison emotion_awesome

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

cut cause i don't want it to take up space o A o

for the 2 examples, the first one i think it's alright, as long as those replying aren't being rude. there is way too much of those topics going on, and honestly it's as cluttered as it is, we don't need more

second example, anyone who keeps defending gaia in "making items that's the usual boring stuff most of the time cause they sell best" needs to step the hell down. some people desperately needs stuff that's not the usual dress and sexy stuff. that's like fighting for a right and you've got people who are privileged to shut you down cause they don't understand what is going on lmao

i get into arguments sometimes, i think. but honestly i don't like looking for a fight unless i really cannot understand how is a person so unable to understand something that's going on that has nothing to do with them, but will still try to give their opinion and think they're right

generally i prefer ignoring them because either they've already gotten a whack by others or i don't like talking to people that much, even less to someone who has such a usless opinion, but there are times i can't hold back because i take the issue too seriously emotion_facepalm

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nathan Shepard

Bad fish!

Great question!

The reason i am leaving the hard work for you is because I am currently working on my own series of Comics based on Gaia these are short 4 panel Koma style Comics poking fun at some of the things that go on around the site. Setting these up has been a good bit more work then I thought but I am enjoying them.

still trying to find my niche with them though.

Beau

Leizce
I suppose it takes a lot more effort NOT to post anything rather than post in repeat threads/topics that 'offends' them. lol

I think, those who create threads here ought to be ready for snarky people. They could be having a rotten day irl, and making someone else miserable, even if it's online, makes them feel better? surprised

I'm always prepared. /summons orc army

I used to hate posting my opinion at all. Someone always found offense or felt
my opinion was crap so i should just shush. They want me to shush i want them.
At a standstill!

Beau

Kid Jak
Nathan Shepard

Bad fish!

Great question!

The reason i am leaving the hard work for you is because I am currently working on my own series of Comics based on Gaia these are short 4 panel Koma style Comics poking fun at some of the things that go on around the site. Setting these up has been a good bit more work then I thought but I am enjoying them.

still trying to find my niche with them though.

Nice!
Can i pass the hard work off onto someone else? o uo

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nathan Shepard

Nice!

Actually I was doing that to bring up something you're not discussing people who use threads to try and make them about themselves...

Nice segway amIright? emotion_awesome

Beau

minghii
cut cause i don't want it to take up space o A o

for the 2 examples, the first one i think it's alright, as long as those replying aren't being rude. there is way too much of those topics going on, and honestly it's as cluttered as it is, we don't need more

second example, anyone who keeps defending gaia in "making items that's the usual boring stuff most of the time cause they sell best" needs to step the hell down. some people desperately needs stuff that's not the usual dress and sexy stuff. that's like fighting for a right and you've got people who are privileged to shut you down cause they don't understand what is going on lmao

i get into arguments sometimes, i think. but honestly i don't like looking for a fight unless i really cannot understand how is a person so unable to understand something that's going on that has nothing to do with them, but will still try to give their opinion and think they're right

generally i prefer ignoring them because either they've already gotten a whack by others or i don't like talking to people that much, even less to someone who has such a usless opinion, but there are times i can't hold back because i take the issue too seriously emotion_facepalm

/sticks you in a shrinky dink oven

That's the right word! Privileged.
You also get users who flat out don't care, but then still want to shut another down
i guess just for fun.

Beau

Kid Jak
Nathan Shepard

Nice!

Actually I was doing that to bring up something you're not discussing people who use threads to try and make them about themselves...

Nice segway amIright? emotion_awesome

I should include that!

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nathan Shepard

I should include that!

Your welcome emotion_dealwithit

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I think that these comments are made more and more if the OP is nasty or particularly uninformed... They're doomed to crop up in the politest threads, too, but the ragey douchebaggy OPs really draw them out of the woodwork.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of the "That's how it is, deal with it" folks are probably just frustrated and bitter... which is easy to become on Gaia nowadays. A lot of people, especially in the GCD, take gaia a little too seriously and get emotional over it. I'm certainly guilty of that. lol

I guess I haven't really made a thread, though, so I don't notice these replies as much as those who do... For all I know I am that guy all the time!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff