Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

I sometimes like promoting Gaia to random strangers, but discreetly. Sometimes, I'll go to a store where they have their iPads and stuff out to let you test drive. And I'll make sure all of them are in the Gaia homepage and is the first thing people see. It's probably stupid, because I don't know how likely they are to sign up or be curious enough to browse it, at least, but it still makes me feel like accomplished something, just letting people know Such an awesome site exists XD

I wish I had the guts to put posters advertising Gaia up everywhere XD

Would be nice if Gaia expanded their advertising, too. Taking over the airwaves with radio interviews and commercials, or on tv, or getting a $1.00 cash card in your cereal or with your pizza.
How do you guys promote Gaia?

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I don't at all. In fact usually I preface any talk about Gaia with something like "It's a really terrible site but..."
I strip naked and paint a grunny on my back along with the Gaia logo on my chest.
Then I run down my street telling people to check out the INTERNET for more.

I dunno how effective that is though, but anything I can do to help. dramallama

Rare

Since Gaia is quite shameful to my personage I pretend it doesn't exist in real life.

Heroic Hero

16,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
Sir Black Tea
Since Gaia is quite shameful to my personage I pretend it doesn't exist in real life.

Enigmatic Doll

28,240 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Talking to people face to face?
People still do that?
eek I had no idea.

I'm too Cool to promote things. talk2hand People just follow me where I go. I'm A total Mavin.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The more people = More trolls/idiots.

Only the cool people fine this place without massive advertizement. Nerdy word of mouth is the best. emotion_awesome
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The more people = More trolls/idiots.

Only the cool people fine this place without massive advertizement. Nerdy word of mouth is the best. emotion_awesome

That's how I found it! Massive advertisement would have turned me off, but the words of fellow geek-types = worth.

Still, that kind of subtle advertisement that OP is doing helps to intrigue the laity. They might not join, but they will know the name.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The site isn't really relevant to any of my social circles, so I don't mention it offline.

Ruthless Codger

User Image

I feel no need to advertise Gaia.

And I tend to just press the "revert back to main screen" button on ipads and s**t when I mess with them, because I have no interest in what the person before me was doing with them.
Or, if they're stuck in that state, I tend to go to one that isn't.

If I saw all of those same Gaia homepages on the screens of the tablets or computers, and didn't know what Gaia was, I'd probably just assume it was either a virus site like those dumb emoticon things used to be, or a game that says "free sign up," but then wants to charge you later.
So it would make me more likely to avoid it, entirely.

Greedy Lover

Lazarus Larkin
I don't at all. In fact usually I preface any talk about Gaia with something like "It's a really terrible site but..."

I do this too. emotion_facepalm

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
What Gaia needs is a famous youtuber rant about the weirdnesses of Gaia to get people interested. Then the hook would be "but i like it"

and that would be the motto

"but i like it"

sort of like....it's ___[weird/weird/um/omgwhat'sthat/cat]___ BUUUUUT I LIKE IT"

I feel like places like youtube or other social websites is where gaia should be advertising. Someone who doesn't go online much won't be worth advertising to, unless they're interested in stuff like anime.

Jeering Phantom

25,200 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
When I was in middle school and Gaia was my thing, I told all my friends, and then they told their friends, and before I knew it, everyone in my year was on Gaia.

Now that I'm in college, if someone sees me on Gaia, I typically get a, "Oh, I was on Gaia for a while. Haven't been there in months/years" or "Wow, people still use Gaia?"

I don't have much reason to advertise, considering most everyone I know is happy with Tumblr or dA.

Nerd

♫♫ I found it and told the friends I thought would appreciate it too what it was.I even told a boyfriend I had at one time.That counts right?Really I don't mention Gaia offline to anyone but my twin and she's had an account about as long as I have.I feel uncomfortable telling people about it for some reason because I guess at just face value Gaia does seem like it'd be for younger people.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
When someone asks me which site I spend most my time when I'm on the Internet, I tell them a little bit about Gaia (that I like the forums for example). Someone checked it out before but was turned off by the cute avis on the homepage and thought it's a site for kids. I decided not to tell her it's full of old people who are ashamed being here yet spend most of their time dressing up the cute little avis and showing off in the forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff