Total Votes:[ 281 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
jettisoned corpse

The only thing I can assume for the confusion of your avatar's gender is because Gaia's long hair tends to be flowly and well kept which is associated with girls, but if you were wearing hair that wasn't all whimsical, just long, then they're just idiots.
but i have WHIMSICAL FLOWY WELL KEPT hair in real life. ask my girlfriend about my 5 million hair products.. emo why wouldn't i want that on my avatar??
the hair my avatar is wearing right now is my favourite hair on gaia ever..

Intergalactic Recruit

Pugnacious Banana
jettisoned corpse

The only thing I can assume for the confusion of your avatar's gender is because Gaia's long hair tends to be flowly and well kept which is associated with girls, but if you were wearing hair that wasn't all whimsical, just long, then they're just idiots.
but i have WHIMSICAL FLOWY WELL KEPT hair in real life. ask my girlfriend about my 5 million hair products.. emo why wouldn't i want that on my avatar??
the hair my avatar is wearing right now is my favourite hair on gaia ever..

Lol, sounds like my dad; he doesn't have long hair but he keeps it super styled and has a ton of product, too. xp

And well sadly (like the super fancy hair I'm sporting now), people associate it with ladies, so it's gonna be tough to break the mold where people don't assume you're a girl avi because of it. I think you should dress your avi in whatever makes you happy and don't worry about any negative or confused comments you get about it. I can relate with things being very frustrating when people assume things about you, but I hope it doesn't get under your skin too much. You know you're male and you're happy and that is what matters. 3nodding

And I totally agree about that hair. I actually own that doll because it was the best and perfect hair for my avatar, real life appearance, and an OC of mine, so it was cool when I noticed you wearing it. It is my absolute favorite, too and what's awesome is you sport it for a guy avatar perfectly. heart

Shy Rogue

I'm female, my base is female, but I have cross-dressed my avatar in the past.
This being my most successful attempt at it:
User Image
I don't like the male base most of the time. Certain characters of mine aren't bulky muscular men, they're skinny or thin. The character my avatar was dressed as there was one of those skinny guys, so the female base worked well for him.

I love seeing people cross dress their avatars. Sometimes I love trying to guess what their base is underneath all the body mods.

I don't care if people want a male avatar or a female avatar, it shouldn't matter regardless of gender anyway. At the end of the day, it's pixels. If you feel you want a male avatar then that's fine, but if you change your mind and decide you want a female avatar, that's also fine. It's also fine if you don't want anything human at all and just want to be a cat. cat_neutral

Lonely Regular

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Lorret
I'm female, my base is female, but I have cross-dressed my avatar in the past.
This being my most successful attempt at it:
User Image
I don't like the male base most of the time. Certain characters of mine aren't bulky muscular men, they're skinny or thin. The character my avatar was dressed as there was one of those skinny guys, so the female base worked well for him.

I love seeing people cross dress their avatars. Sometimes I love trying to guess what their base is underneath all the body mods.

I don't care if people want a male avatar or a female avatar, it shouldn't matter regardless of gender anyway. At the end of the day, it's pixels. If you feel you want a male avatar then that's fine, but if you change your mind and decide you want a female avatar, that's also fine. It's also fine if you don't want anything human at all and just want to be a cat. cat_neutral

One big tell I always have found is their hands. Male Avatar's are always clenched in a fist, while Female Avatars are in a open palm. I have to equip Little Lucy's gloves to open my palms on my avatar.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

meh the only time it matters to me is if i call someone X gender because they are dressed completely X gender, and they get huffy becuz they are actually Y gender. obviously, i should have known.

i'll drink to that

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
No and no. In fact, crossdressing avatars are MORE common than ever now with more and more items being unisex and more body mods coming out.

I crossdress now and again, but my style in the end tends to be something that transcends gender altogether.

Tricky Survivor

I don't like putting female clothes on obviously male characters. If I can't tell, well... I can't tell and I don't care. I changed my base to male once, and hated it sad . The arms and legs were too bulky! Everything looked weird lol. I think I just don't have the skillz. But that's why I do like body mods. They can cover up those weird bits. no I'm not talking about p***s

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's much easier to cross-dress in a female base and I make the most of it. When we didn't have a lot of body mods, the legs of the male base is a giveaway.

I like the female base because it's easier to work with but when I put items together my avi usually looks male.

Gender doesn't really matter to me when I'm interacting with other people. When it comes to dressing up however, the variety of male-themes items are fewer than females'... but as long as they keep making armor, I won't complain too much.

Lonely Regular

7,750 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
How is everyone today? I got a haircut, really short. Unfortunately, my hair doesn't work well when it's long.

Unforgiving Humorist

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
I used to do killer drag on this game. LOL
many a times have I've been referred to as "her", "she" , "that girl" .

But my avi has never been a female.

Big Member

I've tried using a male base, but I find it way more difficult to dress up, whether
it's in gender specific or neutral clothing. I'm just not a big fan of the bulky look,
so I stick to the female bases. Also, I typically wear more feminine outfits anyways,
but cross-dressing every now and then is fun.

User Image emotion_awesome

Timid Genius

I like hiding my base and giving a theme that doesn't give it away. Then people ask me what I am instead of my gender. Hiding gender completely.

Foe

I use a male avatar and 8 of 9 of the outfits I have saved are cross dressy.
I really love leg and arm mods. heart

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I've always been curious why a girl would make a male avi or use a male base and vice versa. I've always used a female base because I am a girl. So it actually reflects about my real life gender.

It doesn't bother me that I can't tell because I've gotten use to it. But it's nice to see the branch of creativity and I love seeing bizarre avatars!
I am a girl, and my avi is female.

I've never particularly tried to dress my avi as a man, but I feel most of my avatars are dressed in a very gender-neutral way. Not that I intend to, but I just don't see any reason to add femininity to an outfit if I'm not going for a super girly look.

Complete opposite of how I dress in real life. I don't even own a pair of jeans--opting for frilly dresses and brightly colored tights instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff