Welcome to Gaia! ::

OMG!!! BOTH THE MANSION THINGS FELL DOWN!!!! OMG!!!!
However...I don't think the admins will just kill off Gambino, Gino, Anne and Marie all at the same time and just leave us to forget about them. Really. C'mon.....this actually seems more like a joke that a user would cook up than part of the actual story.....Maybe it's just an extended April Fool's Joke......
Well, it's been 'extended' for quite sometime now.
YunieYuna
yes....that's true. I haven't been on for quite a while, because my computer wouldn't let me on Gaia, but I felt the urge to make a thread....
Keari-chan
YunieYuna
yes....that's true. I haven't been on for quite a while, because my computer wouldn't let me on Gaia, but I felt the urge to make a thread....
hmmmm....
Someone enlighten me: what does 'pwn' mean?!?!
I can never understand chatspeak.

Chatty Sophomore

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
it means pounded
If i'm not mistaken "pwned" can rougly translate to "owned", as in defeated without standing a chance. It can also be typed "pwn3d".
Chaotic_Waltz
If i'm not mistaken "pwned" can rougly translate to "owned", as in defeated without standing a chance. It can also be typed "pwn3d".

My understanding is that some bigshot gamer made a typo and everyone thought he did it on purpose 'cause it was style... So they copied him... Ehn.

Maybe it was extended because not everyone goes on Gaia everyday? *shrug*
HOLY CRAP!!!! just found out what happemed.... i wonder who killed gambino? it couldnt of been the Vonhelsons since they were at their mansion.... maybe it was Liam?
It just means owned, with a p in front, but anway, if its april fools joke they got us all REALLY REALLY REALLY....... REALLY good
Zarya
Chaotic_Waltz

My understanding is that some bigshot gamer made a typo and everyone thought he did it on purpose 'cause it was style... So they copied him... Ehn.

Maybe it was extended because not everyone goes on Gaia everyday? *shrug*

Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned".

Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

edit -

Source = http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pwn&r=f
SangosSesshy
It just means owned, with a p in front, but anway, if its april fools joke they got us all REALLY REALLY REALLY....... REALLY good

yeah, that would be so friggin funny... i can just see the threads spawning from that "HAHAHA... NOT FUNNY" or "Anti Von Helson/Gambino" thread
so here's my thoery on the sniper which i'm posting everywhere, cuz i like it:
thoeries on the sniper:
My brother think's it's one of the admins. I say...that's impossible!!! they can't interfere directly in a stroyline!! that would be...wrong....like the gods coming down to smite us or something. WHO KNOWS?? if that's true maybe soon Lanzer will come and kill random users..... stare
on closer examination of the sniper:
the body type is too heavy to be a woman, so that rules out anne and marie...they could be wearing lots of clothes, but they would probably hire someone anyway instead of doing it themselves.
theory two:
I heard...gambino on the tower was a robot and the real one was hidden in the tower, and he escaped and shot the robot, not knowing Gino was up there.
this is unlikely. the sniper is too thin to be gambino, unless he lost a lot of weight.
the sniper's hands are definintly a man's hands, so we can rule out any existing female NPCs.
unless the admins made a new NPC, it has to be...
Ian (unlikely. what does he have against gambino? unless the von helsons seduced him...possible)
Liam (also unlikely, although it's possible, same reason as Ian)
Edmund (geez, we've got a lot o' pervy NPCs...)
Leon (that just makes no sense...unless he is a mercenary in his time off from the guilds...also, he's as tall as gambino, and i already ruled him out)
A Labtech (really, they actually have a reason to assinate gambino)
So, I say it's a labtech. You can have your own opinion, but unless someone else is introduced, that's the only thing that really makes sense.
Forestianfire
SangosSesshy

yeah, that would be so friggin funny... i can just see the threads spawning from that "HAHAHA... NOT FUNNY" or "Anti Von Helson/Gambino" thread
I can't imagine how crazy everyone would get if that were the case
SangosSesshy

pwned means pistol owned, it came from Counter Strike

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces